The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

slowlane to fast, need some critique on my operation.

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramaine

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2014
Hi, I have had a idea for a while just wanted to run it by some of you guys on the here and see what you thought.

Currently I have saved a little bit of cash, I have been laid off my job and am in need of cash. What I plan on doing is buying of craigslist and ebay and selling the items for more then I buy them for. I have read the post and seen this come up a few times. I have managed to save 20k, I figured that I would low ball a lot of deals from craigslist and the turn around and sell it for the correct price. I will look for Cars all the way down to cellular phones. I plan on setting a monthly goal of $2k, I did a monthly goal because some of the items i plan on buying would take a little longer to sell then others. I picked a mark of 2k because it was 1/3 of my monthly salary before taxes.

I was looking for other places to buy nice products, such as businesses liquidating due to closing or finance problems. If anyone knows other places I can find that please let me know. I do see some business looking to sell off their stuff due to closings but not many.

I am looking for some feedback, is anyone doing this and if so what are your results like? I think this would work for me due to the fact that I am able to start with 20k buying power. Id like to hear any thoughts on this. thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
selling the items for more then I buy them for...

I am looking for some feedback...

Well at least you know the above golden rule!

What kind of feedback do you require?

Is it justification that what you are thinking of doing might work? If so, just go ahead and do it to figure it out for yourself.

G

Guest24480

Thrift shops, flea markets, garage sales are a few others

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Check out all the auction houses in your city. I used to do a lot of buying at auctions. Find my thread on how I turned $20 into $8500.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007