The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sleeping Slave now awakened

tropical_wander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 12, 2020
Puerto Rico
Good day, everybody.

My name is Luis, hailing from Puerto Rico and aged 22. Currently I'm a college student studying Computer Science.

I have finished reading Millionare Fastlane with great care. This soon launched an introspection and an epiphany: I have been a Sleeping Slave of Life. A Sleeping Slave of Life is someone who is asleep, and is at the mercy of Life's events. I slept on the fact that my time is limited. The path I currently walk on is a Slowlane, and my mindset is that of a partial Sidewalker. I was sleeping but not dreaming. I came at a crossroads in life where my dream to be a hacker(ethical btw lol) did not pass an independence check since I would still be working under someone else.

After reading the book, I am starting to wake up.

I have cut out instant gratifications. I am keeping an exercise regimen and balanced diet. I recognized my current luck: my parents have a real estate side business apart from their jobs(Just two two-story apartment buildings). Of course, I will not lie down and sleep for an inheritance. If I can conjure and invest in businesses for explosive income, then I will attain freedom by my own hand.

According to the book, I have already two potential passive income businesses: a rental system in the form of apartment real estate, and a computer system where my skills lie there(specifically System Administration). With summer just begun here, I will devote my time in honing my computer skills, find the needs which can be potential investments, and study to finish my degree. So far, I only have around $800 from the whole pandemic finance relief thing, but for now I will save it for tuition.

"When you start looking for results, you will start to take shortcuts. If you take shortcuts, you will lose sight of the truth."

I thank @MJ DeMarco for clearing the dirt out of my eyes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...