The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My name is Victor and I'm a 9 to 5 wage slave...for now

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Hi everyone!

I'm Victor, a low-income ($13.15/hr) proofreader working for the classifieds section of a small company that does outsourced work for major news publications like the New York Times, and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, among many others. My fellow coworkers and I are overworked, underpaid, and understaffed.

My story is not much different than most: My parents were both retail workers earning hardly over minimum wage and worked their butts off to bring food to the table for my brother, sister, and me. They did not go to college and had practically zero financial literacy and spent money on things they couldn't afford. They did their best with what they knew, but they had fit DeMarco's definition of side-walkers to a tee. When I was in high school, I developed a passion for musical composition and invested in music creating software that I worked my butt off to learn and eventually developed a near-professional competency in audio-engineering and musical composition even before going to college. The money I could have spent on purchasing a vehicle or learning how to drive, I spent on music software and digital technologies. (This will matter further down the line).

Going to college - Being the oldest son, and being the first person in my family to go to college while also nurturing my pursuit of becoming the next Mozart, I was ready to take on the world. Even though I had zero direction as far as business ventures were concerned, and I didn't realize I was digging myself into a financial hole. This is because I made it into the college of my choice, but I did not make it into the music program in that particular college. This is simply because I could not play an instrument, even though my composition abilities were and still are extraordinary. Distraught, I scrambled to ensure the $35,000 total projected investment put into this college was worthwhile, and I sought to pursue a Journalism degree instead.

Setting my musical endeavors aside, I convinced myself that I wanted to be a journalist (even though I now know I couldn't care less about that career path). But, even if I wanted to make the best out of this opportunity by partaking in off-campus internships, I did not have a vehicle, nor did I have a license, nor the "know-better" to juggle my college courses with these "extracurricular" career endeavors. Long story short, I did what I could on-campus, which wasn't much. The best thing I can say that I did for myself, is that I was The President of the Society of Professional Journalists @ Fredonia, for one semester. Which ultimately, was not very convincing to look at on a resume.

When I graduated, I was left with $35,000 in student debt, and no real tangibility as a candidate for slow lane employers. All I had was my exceptional writing and musical composition abilities, and perhaps I was better at public speaking and interacting with others on a professional level. But as far as being marketable, I didn't have the experience nor transportation independence under my belt. THAT'S RIGHT! I STILL DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!

When I graduated from college, I took the first job I could nab, which is the job I have now. A dead-end job. It took me 6 months to learn how to drive while I was still living with my parents at 24 years old in a tiny duplex where I had no privacy and shared the same room with my little brother. The first car I ever got I financed from CarMax, a 2015 Black Ford Fusion hybrid ($15,000.00). I was now swimming in $50,000.00 combined debt.

Fast forward to a year later, I finally got my first apartment with more than $10K in savings, both liquid (index funds) and non-liquid checkings and savings.

6 months after that, which means almost a year after I had begun living on my own, I've come to the realization (3 weeks ago from today) that I was doing everything wrong! I began reading all sorts of books from credible sources that eventually led me to DeMarco's The Millionaire Fastlane . I realize now that all of the skills that I had developed in the past, each of which I believed were not marketable, were actually Fastlane skills, and I intend to put them to use! I'm going to attempt to create a business out of these skills -- skills that, if nurtured, set me on the fast track to becoming a producer rather than a consumer.

1.) Musical Composition and audio engineering - I still have all of my amazing software
2.) Writing - I'm currently on chapter 17 of my first novel
3.) Gift of gab - I'm going to make a Youtube channel that brings fellow entrepreneurs and content creators together

Thank you all so much for reading if you've made it to this point, and I am looking forward to seeing how this new zero cost oil change will unravel as time moves on!

After all, that is the most important thing! Time! I'm glad I found this out now rather than later!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Welcome! Photojournalist here! We live in such a golden age of photos and news but our pay has been the same for the past 30 years. We are literally better off on our own!

1.) Musical Composition and audio engineering - I still have all of my amazing software
3.) Gift of gab - I'm going to make a youtube channel that brings fellow entrepreneurs and content creators together

I would definitely focus on one subject and run with it. I did something similar, they didn't end well, and I ended up hating all the subjects I worked on :rofl:

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Welcome! Photojournalist here! We live in such a golden age of photos and news but our pay has been the same for the past 30 years. We are literally better off on our own!

I would definitely focus on one subject and run with it. I did something similar, they didn't end well, and I ended up hating all the subjects I worked on :rofl:
I get what you mean about focusing on one thing. Right now, my biggest project is my writing project. My intent is to become a novelist while doing musical composition on the side. The reason why I'm looking into starting a youtube channel is so that I can learn how to be a better communicator digitally so that I can better market myself as a writer when the time comes. You could consider these other endeavors as supplementary skillsets that bleed into my writing pursuits.

Yes, I agree that journalists are better off working independently instead of through an employer!

Happy to be a part of the community. Be well!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story.

Isn't there a freelance market for composition? Better yet, can you compose something and license it?

I have a YT channel and I occasionally go looking for music. I stick to the CC stuff, but I do run across a lot of paid music.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
You're going to need money to set up businesses - they always end up costing more than you think.

I'd look at utilising your skills for freelance positions in Proofreading and Copywriting, get started on Upwork with Lex Devilles guides here in the GOLD section and also create a LinkedIn profile and begin building a network.

There's no reason you should be stuck on $13.5 and hour.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi everyone!

I'm Victor, a low-income ($13.15/hr) proofreader working for the classifieds section of a small company that does outsourced work for major news publications like the New York Times, and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, among many others. My fellow coworkers and I are overworked, underpaid, and understaffed.

My story is not much different than most: My parents were both retail workers earning hardly over minimum wage and worked their butts off to bring food to the table for my brother, sister, and me. They did not go to college and had practically zero financial literacy and spent money on things they couldn't afford. They did their best with what they knew, but they had fit DeMarco's definition of side-walkers to a tee. When I was in high school, I developed a passion for musical composition and invested in music creating software that I worked my butt off to learn and eventually developed a near-professional competency in audio-engineering and musical composition even before going to college. The money I could have spent on purchasing a vehicle or learning how to drive, I spent on music software and digital technologies. (This will matter further down the line).

Going to college - Being the oldest son, and being the first person in my family to go to college while also nurturing my pursuit of becoming the next Mozart, I was ready to take on the world. Even though I had zero direction as far as business ventures were concerned, and I didn't realize I was digging myself into a financial hole. This is because I made it into the college of my choice, but I did not make it into the music program in that particular college. This is simply because I could not play an instrument, even though my composition abilities were and still are extraordinary. Distraught, I scrambled to ensure the $35,000 total projected investment put into this college was worthwhile, and I sought to pursue a Journalism degree instead.

Setting my musical endeavors aside, I convinced myself that I wanted to be a journalist (even though I now know I couldn't care less about that career path). But, even if I wanted to make the best out of this opportunity by partaking in off-campus internships, I did not have a vehicle, nor did I have a license, nor the "know-better" to juggle my college courses with these "extracurricular" career endeavors. Long story short, I did what I could on-campus, which wasn't much. The best thing I can say that I did for myself, is that I was The President of the Society of Professional Journalists @ Fredonia, for one semester. Which ultimately, was not very convincing to look at on a resume.

When I graduated, I was left with $35,000 in student debt, and no real tangibility as a candidate for slow lane employers. All I had was my exceptional writing and musical composition abilities, and perhaps I was better at public speaking and interacting with others on a professional level. But as far as being marketable, I didn't have the experience nor transportation independence under my belt. THAT'S RIGHT! I STILL DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!

When I graduated from college, I took the first job I could nab, which is the job I have now. A dead-end job. It took me 6 months to learn how to drive while I was still living with my parents at 24 years old in a tiny duplex where I had no privacy and shared the same room with my little brother. The first car I ever got I financed from CarMax, a 2015 Black Ford Fusion hybrid ($15,000.00). I was now swimming in $50,000.00 combined debt.

Fast forward to a year later, I finally got my first apartment with more than $10K in savings, both liquid (index funds) and non-liquid checkings and savings.

6 months after that, which means almost a year after I had begun living on my own, I've come to the realization (3 weeks ago from today) that I was doing everything wrong! I began reading all sorts of books from credible sources that eventually led me to DeMarco's The Millionaire Fastlane . I realize now that all of the skills that I had developed in the past, each of which I believed were not marketable, were actually Fastlane skills, and I intend to put them to use! I'm going to attempt to create a business out of these skills -- skills that, if nurtured, set me on the fast track to becoming a producer rather than a consumer.

3.) Gift of gab - I'm going to make a Youtube channel that brings fellow entrepreneurs and content creators together

Thank you all so much for reading if you've made it to this point, and I am looking forward to seeing how this new zero cost oil change will unravel as time moves on!

After all, that is the most important thing! Time! I'm glad I found this out now rather than later!
Hey Victor, welcome to the forum!

Tell us a bit more about this Audio software you speak of.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
You're going to need money to set up businesses - they always end up costing more than you think.

I'd look at utilising your skills for freelance positions in Proofreading and Copywriting, get started on Upwork with Lex Devilles guides here in the GOLD section and also create a LinkedIn profile and begin building a network.

Money to start up a business, double the amount that you think.

However, you can often find a way to do it with less... but it takes some creative thinking:
Examples:
  • Selling lemonade on the street corner and don't have startup capital? Ask your potential buyer (Mom and dad) if they will pay for the materials up-front, and you pay them back with a glass of lemonade each day for the first 2 weeks (to repay the debt)
  • Selling on Amazon and needing to buy $10,000 merch to start off? is there a way that you can drop-ship direct from the factory (maybe pay a bit more, but it would get you started)
  • Construction company, do you need to buy all the lumber for the house before you build it? Can you set up your work in stages (10% downpayment before starting, another 10% when the Framework and outside walls are up and wrapped, another 10% when interior framework 2x4 walls and stairways are done, another 10% when drywall is done, 10% when spackling is done, and so on?)
  • Building an apartment complex with multiple units to rent out? Can you pre-rent some of them at a cheaper rate (if you sign up now, for a 5 year lease, will you pay me the first year of rent when the building is done, and get a locked in rate that is a bit below market value? ) gets you some quick capital to pay off part of the building... just don't make them pay before the building is done, otherwise you could end up with problems if the building isn't ready to go when the contract says so...
  • Buying a rental property: 2 yr lease to someone with 3 months paid up-front and a locked in rate for two years, so that you can make your first few payments?
  • Starting a restaurant and can't pay your employees for the first month while they help you get everything organized? how about a profit sharing business plan, where for the first year you split the profits with the employees (you need to figure in paying the building off, but someone make it so they can have a say in the first year) who knows, you might like that structure better than a normal business model?

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Hi Victor! I hear you on the 9to5nomore .
IMO you've got the right mindset to look at some of your projects as means to make your main one tangible. But I think it's actually necessary to start from the end - if your goal is X, then what steps are crucial in order to get there? What's the useless fluff for now? Attack every problem on the way and not the whole road. That way you can determine if a youtube channel for example is the best way to achieve what you want, even if it's a viable way - is it the most reasonable?

Would love to read updates of your ups and bound to happen downs from your journey ;)

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story.

Isn't there a freelance market for composition? Better yet, can you compose something and license it?

I have a YT channel and I occasionally go looking for music. I stick to the CC stuff, but I do run across a lot of paid music.
Hi @lowtek!

I think there is. In the past, however, I didn't have the confidence to look into having others pay for my work. I didn't think I was good enough and I kept on improving without marketing myself until I eventually decided against pursuing it because I was comparing myself to the professionals like Hanz Zimmer or Masashi Hamazu instead of trusting the process. All sorts of silly insecurities prevented me from taking my craft to the next level.

If you'd like to see an example of my work, please feel free to PM me. I have a very eastern style. I prefer to write orchestral soundtrack/video game music.

Today, with a different mindset, I'd be more than interested to look into freelance work for musical composition. But, and I'm going to reply to someone else to expand upon what I'm about to say to you - I'm much more interested in looking into freelance work for copywriting and proofreading to start. My biggest passion and focus right now is fiction writing. I'm on chapter 17 of my first novel and I must admit I've fallen in love with this craft.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by the way!

Last edited:

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Hey Victor, welcome to the forum!

Tell us a bit more about this Audio software you speak of.
Hi @alexkuzmov ! The DAW I use is Logic Pro X. It's one of the flagship programs for composers and audio engineers across the globe.

I admit, if I wanted to pursue something in this field, I'd have to re-educate myself on quite a few terminologies and re-learn various levels of music theory (I've been out of the game for some time now so my knowledge of terminologies has gone quite rusty). But when it comes to the nitty-gritty and actually composing the work, I don't need to know all of the specific terminologies to know what I'm doing. I just wouldn't be a very good teacher lol. It's sort of like how Ray Charles was a beast but he couldn't read sheet music. I'm somewhere on that spectrum.

I also use the sound library (East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra) Gold edition, which has been a godsend all these years. As well as quite a few Kontakt plug-ins.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you'd like to know more!

Last edited:

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York

Hi there @TheKingOfMadrid!

To start, here is a link to my Linkedin page if you would like to connect!

I'll definitely be sure to look out for freelance work in Proofreading and Copywriting. When it comes right down to it, I have the initiative, I just need the education (and education doesn't necessarily mean schooling. As @MJ DeMarco said, education happens after schooling, lol.

The 9 to 5 lifestyle isn't for me, and if there is any information out there that can serve as a tailwind away from the headwind of my current job, then I'm all ears!

Thank you again!

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Money to start up a business, double the amount that you think.

However, you can often find a way to do it with less... but it takes some creative thinking:
Examples:
  • Selling lemonade on the street corner and don't have startup capital? Ask your potential buyer (Mom and dad) if they will pay for the materials up-front, and you pay them back with a glass of lemonade each day for the first 2 weeks (to repay the debt)
  • Selling on Amazon and needing to buy $10,000 merch to start off? is there a way that you can drop-ship direct from the factory (maybe pay a bit more, but it would get you started)
  • Construction company, do you need to buy all the lumber for the house before you build it? Can you set up your work in stages (10% downpayment before starting, another 10% when the Framework and outside walls are up and wrapped, another 10% when interior framework 2x4 walls and stairways are done, another 10% when drywall is done, 10% when spackling is done, and so on?)
  • Building an apartment complex with multiple units to rent out? Can you pre-rent some of them at a cheaper rate (if you sign up now, for a 5 year lease, will you pay me the first year of rent when the building is done, and get a locked in rate that is a bit below market value? ) gets you some quick capital to pay off part of the building... just don't make them pay before the building is done, otherwise you could end up with problems if the building isn't ready to go when the contract says so...
  • Buying a rental property: 2 yr lease to someone with 3 months paid up-front and a locked in rate for two years, so that you can make your first few payments?
  • Starting a restaurant and can't pay your employees for the first month while they help you get everything organized? how about a profit sharing business plan, where for the first year you split the profits with the employees (you need to figure in paying the building off, but someone make it so they can have a say in the first year) who knows, you might like that structure better than a normal business model?
Hello @Lyinx!

Happy to be a part of the community.

I appreciate the useful information and I'll be sure to attach it to a google doc file in the near future. I've been cataloging a lot of useful tidbits of info these days. It's been doing wonders for me as far as inspiration is concerned. Keeps the brain flowing.

Thank you again and have a great holiday!

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Hi Victor! I hear you on the 9to5nomore .
IMO you've got the right mindset to look at some of your projects as means to make your main one tangible. But I think it's actually necessary to start from the end - if your goal is X, then what steps are crucial in order to get there? What's the useless fluff for now? Attack every problem on the way and not the whole road. That way you can determine if a youtube channel for example is the best way to achieve what you want, even if it's a viable way - is it the most reasonable?

Would love to read updates of your ups and bound to happen downs from your journey ;)
Hi @Adir Barak,

You're absolutely right. My main focus is on fiction and non-fiction writing. I want to become a published author. The other skills I've mentioned are there to fall back on if somehow I end up back at square one and things don't pan out at all. I at least have communication skills and I have musical composition under my belt, too. I probably should have made that clear in my first post. So when @TheKingOfMadrid mentioned proofreading and copywriting (looking into freelance work), my immediate thought was YES! Getting paid MORE while making connections in the publishing sector can only push me closer to my goal of becoming an author. Not to mention, doing freelance work pushes me closer to my dream of getting the heck out of this 9 to 5 lifestyle and gives me much more agency and leverage over my time and how I spend it.

You guys are awesome! Thank you all for the wonderful advice.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Hi @Adir Barak,

You're absolutely right. My main focus is on fiction and non-fiction writing. I want to become a published author. The other skills I've mentioned are there to fall back on if somehow I end up back at square one and things don't pan out at all. I at least have communication skills and I have musical composition under my belt, too. I probably should have made that clear in my first post. So when @TheKingOfMadrid mentioned proofreading and copywriting (looking into freelance work), my immediate thought was YES! Getting paid MORE while making connections in the publishing sector can only push me closer to my goal of becoming an author. Not to mention, doing freelance work pushes me closer to my dream of getting the heck out of this 9 to 5 lifestyle and gives me much more agency and leverage over my time and how I spend it.

You guys are awesome! Thank you all for the wonderful advice.
If you haven't already, watch MJ's video on getting from point 0 to endgame (a general overview but a practical roadmap nontheless)

And yet again, for me no less than for you, start from your goal - for example; if you want to build a website, don't learn about machine learning and data analysis and linux systems managment and get overwhelmed with ZERO action. take every step as a problem to solve. e.g how do I get the most basic, 1 page, 0 content website up and running? ok, how do I make it functional in the most basic sense?, ok now how do I makeit more appealing?. etc'
I truly think this is the best way to approach DOING and not ACTION FAKING because "learning" is easy and you could go on 24/7 feeling accomplished for IMPLEMENTING nothing. make a single step tangible and go on from there, repeat until you get to your destination.

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
If you haven't already, watch MJ's video on getting from point 0 to endgame (a general overview but a practical roadmap nontheless)

And yet again, for me no less than for you, start from your goal - for example; if you want to build a website, don't learn about machine learning and data analysis and linux systems managment and get overwhelmed with ZERO action. take every step as a problem to solve. e.g how do I get the most basic, 1 page, 0 content website up and running? ok, how do I make it functional in the most basic sense?, ok now how do I makeit more appealing?. etc'
I truly think this is the best way to approach DOING and not ACTION FAKING because "learning" is easy and you could go on 24/7 feeling accomplished for IMPLEMENTING nothing. make a single step tangible and go on from there, repeat until you get to your destination.
Hi @Adir Barak Thank you for sharing this video with me. I've done quite a few things in a short amount of time. It's nice to see that I've already completed a few of the tasks and am now between the 2nd and 3rd steps presented in this video.

Last edited:

9to5NoMore

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 22, 2020
New York
Hi Everyone!

So here's my goal and here are my current results.

My Goal: to become a published author of fiction and non-fiction writing. The idea is to make significant amounts of money doing that, so that way I can continue doing that! Yes, it's not about the money. The money is merely a tool for me to use to continue practicing my craft. And through my craft, I want to inspire and encourage others. Here is a video that describes what I mean.

What Makes Great Art?

My Progress:

1.) I've written the first 17 chapters of my first fiction novel. I'm writing every day. I'm also very well-read, reading all sorts of fiction and nonfiction books each day whenever I have the time available. I'm a part of a writing critique group that meets up every month.

This may be my first book, but I believe it has a lot of promise to it. Even though it's a passion project of mine, I DO realize, however, that I have much to learn. Regardless of how well it's received once it's published, I'll move on to the next novel and continue learning how to become a better writer. As @MJ DeMarco said, the road to success is not a road, but a road trip. Writing the book is the reward itself. If others love it too, then, of course, I'll be overjoyed to be able to impact others with my writing.

2.) The next step is getting out of my 9 to 5 job and reclaiming my time. But I'm killing two birds with one stone here. First of all, if I want to be able to market my books and my services better, I might want to learn a thing or two about marketing and persuasion, right? Well, I took a HubSpot course a little while back on Content Marketing and I'm now certified in that field until 2022 when I will have to take the course again.

3.) Since my last posting on this forum, I've applied to quite a few freelance content writing positions, and I landed one TODAY for an SEO and Marketing company called TheHoth (a content mill based in Florida).

4.) The pay isn't much ($16 per 500-word article) ($28 for 1000 word articles), but let me be honest! As a writer, that's easy for me! I could write 10 (500 words) articles a day at least if I wanted to, and I could vary how much I work each day, too. In other words, I'm not only learning about SEO and Marketing so that I can better understand how to run a website for my authorship endeavors, but with this job alone, I can decide when to work, and how to work, on MY own terms. I'll get better at writing to an audience, I'll build a portfolio, and make money! Until eventually, I'll make clients who can pay me more and perhaps even come across publishers who can help spread the word about my book.

I'm building a brand, folks!

5.) But for now, I'm going to remain working chugging away at my 9 to 5 for a little while until this freelance gig transforms from a side piece to a full-blown committed relationship. but what she doesn't know is that I'm already committed. She already has my heart. And by she, I mean, life, freedom, and the pursuit of entrepreneurship.

Thank you all for reading, and I'll be sure to provide you all with more updates on my progress.

Last edited:

Diego Liu

Don't worry, NOBODY CARES
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Apr 23, 2020
Taiwan
@9to5NoMore Hey Victor!

You're surely a multi-talented dude. I highly recommend checking out Scott Adam's How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big.

My biggest takeaway from it is to pursue things that, even if you fail at them, will make you come out with new skills. Eventually, all your acquired skills can compound into something unique.

Prior to reading this book, I made the big mistake of thinking that I needed to pre-determine my Fastlane, commit to it, and ultimately succeed and have an event or fail, waste all that time, and restart with something else.

That flawed mindset made me scared af of failure and stopped me from starting. However, now having read the book, looking back, almost all of my previous failures have contributed to gaining me the skills to land the remote job I have today.

Good luck on your process, and having $10k saved up already is a great start!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...