The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Details about a business model

canadiangal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2011
Hey guys, it's been a long time. I do read on the forum but have been busy with my own things.
Have a question for you, smart people.
How do you find out about a company's business model? I mean, if you need to know the little details of a company that does something similar to what you are planning to start, is there a way to know the small little details, their business processes, their ways of making money, paying employees?
I am wondering if paying the big bucks to someone to write down a business plan for you would make them do all those researches or they will just make a pretty document from what you tell them?
looking at the business website won't work, I have done that already. I am looking for things they dont in the back end, the office, ect, not what they want their customers to see.
I thought of calling a similar business and just asking, let's say a company in a different country if you can get the contact number(???). Been very confused for many weeks on linking the small dots, although I've got the bigger picture already.
Does having a business coach add value to your business? 17,000$ for one year and you only speak to them once a week, and they are not necessarily specialized in your industry.
Has anyone used a business coach before? a marketing coach maybe?
Any idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How do you find out about a company's business model? I mean, if you need to know the little details of a company that does something similar to what you are planning to start, is there a way to know the small little details, their business processes, their ways of making money, paying employees?

Become their customer. See how they interact with you. Expose their weaknesses. Find out what you don't like and improve it. The best way to get a view of the inner-workings is to become their customer and improve on every step in that process ... and obviously the second best option, is to become their employee.

canadiangal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2011
Thanks MJ,
I guess I can learn a thing or two by being their customer, then I can talk to one of their employees.
Thanks for the tip.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.