The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

single parent raising kids and trying to understand all this

Melli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
567%
Nov 11, 2019
I should introduce myself. sorry for bad english.

I am a single mum raising kids. father left. I didn't know how to go on without money and I went to a bookstore because I didn't know what to do. Never worked or had a business before, because of the kids. There was a man with a expensive suit in the bookstore. He was looking at some books. I am very shy, but I was desperate. So I asked him, what to read if I need money. He asked for what I need the money. I told him a bit about me and my kids. He seemed thinking a minute. Then he told me to read a book and if I would commit to read the book at least 3 times he would buy it for me. I said, I have a lot of time, but no money. So I could read the book if I would understand it. He bought the book for me and I thought, I just met an angel or something like that. It was Think and Grow Rich. (in german)

I am reading it the second time now. A few days ago I was searching for an explanation of the content of a chapter. I think it was a blog or something and that blog featured the books by Mr. DeMarco. So I found the forum.

I have no idea, no money, no experience, nothing. But I had some feeling, it just felt right to find this place. My english is not very good and I hope, I find a way. Please bear with me, if I am not using or understanding the correct business vocabulary immediately. (this posting took me some translations with a translator software). I think I will start to read some of the golden postings. I haven't read the books yet because I think it's hard to translate word by word for me. Thank you giving me access to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
Welcome to the forum.

My father left my mother when I was a little one (the best thing he could have done) and I'm sure when your kids are old they'll have a mother they can look up to.

And read the millionaire fastlane , it will give you clarity, not sure if you've ever had a black out and had to use candles to light a room, TMF will be like turning the electricity back on.

Good luck to you and your kids, I'm new to this too and it will be a struggle, but at least you'll be rewarded at the end of it.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

I am a single mum raising kids. father left. I didn't know how to go on without money and I went to a bookstore because I didn't know what to do. Never worked or had a business before, because of the kids. There was a man with a expensive suit in the bookstore. He was looking at some books. I am very shy, but I was desperate. So I asked him, what to read if I need money. He asked for what I need the money. I told him a bit about me and my kids. He seemed thinking a minute. Then he told me to read a book and if I would commit to read the book at least 3 times he would buy it for me. I said, I have a lot of time, but no money. So I could read the book if I would understand it. He bought the book for me and I thought, I just met an angel or something like that. It was Think and Grow Rich. (in german)

I am reading it the second time now. A few days ago I was searching for an explanation of the content of a chapter. I think it was a blog or something and that blog featured the books by Mr. DeMarco. So I found the forum.

I have no idea, no money, no experience, nothing. But I had some feeling, it just felt right to find this place. My english is not very good and I hope, I find a way. Please bear with me, if I am not using or understanding the correct business vocabulary immediately. (this posting took me some translations with a translator software). I think I will start to read some of the golden postings. I haven't read the books yet because I think it's hard to translate word by word for me. Thank you giving me access to the forum.
Welcome to the forum, Melli! I'm glad you are here.

(For the record, your English was excellent. Perfectly understandable.)

I wish you all the best in gaining an understanding of the actions you can take to get yourself into a wonderful situation. You can do this!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Welcome Melli, you are in the right place and it seems so are your heart and mind! You can do it! Ask away :)

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 19, 2018

Welcome Melli! We're all trying to figure this out as we go along. This is a great place to get help. I wish the best for you and your kids.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Is there a German translation of Fastlane or Unscripted ? Google is failing me...

Edit:
Welcome! Sorry about that. I forgot my manners.

Iratus75

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 9, 2019
Switzerland
Hey Melli, welcome to the forum. I am swiss citizen and speak fluent german. I didn't find the books in german, and myself I listened to them in english (audible). If I can help in german, be free to PN me.
Kind regards, Liebe Grüsse
Antonio

Melli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
567%
Nov 11, 2019
thank you all for your kind words!

Mr. Benji90:
Thank you, I am not as good in english, but will read it after think and grow rich completed three times. What is a TMF ?

Mr. Bekit: Thank you!

Mrs. Pippin: Thank you!

Mr. Hammer: Thank you!

Mr. broswoodwork: Thank you! I have no german translation found. I searched before.
I think I can't read the books fast, but I will try after I finished think and grow rich the third time. I found a way to copy and paste large parts of text into a translator so maybe I will have to type it word by word from the book into the translator.

Antonio: Thank you! Maybe I ask you as soon as I start to read the english books if I can't translate the meaning of a part with the translator.

Honestly at the moment I am trying to figure out what Mr. Hill was talking about in some chapters. But I will also try to translate some golden threads to understand this stuff of Mr. DeMarco.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
thank you all for your kind words!

Mr. Benji90:
Thank you, I am not as good in english, but will read it after think and grow rich completed three times. What is a TMF ?

Mr. Bekit: Thank you!

Mrs. Pippin: Thank you!

Mr. Hammer: Thank you!

Mr. broswoodwork: Thank you! I have no german translation found. I searched before.
I think I can't read the books fast, but I will try after I finished think and grow rich the third time. I found a way to copy and paste large parts of text into a translator so maybe I will have to type it word by word from the book into the translator.

Antonio: Thank you! Maybe I ask you as soon as I start to read the english books if I can't translate the meaning of a part with the translator.

Honestly at the moment I am trying to figure out what Mr. Hill was talking about in some chapters. But I will also try to translate some golden threads to understand this stuff of Mr. DeMarco.
Can you read Hungarian or Polish by any chance?

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
@Melli TMF - The Millionaire Fastlane .

Notice people have offered to help you out with the translation, I would definitely take them up on that.

And your English is better than some people I know so don't stress.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome @Melli

Is there a German translation of Fastlane or Unscripted ? Google is failing me...

There isn't yet, its the one language I haven't been able to find a publisher for. It is in French and Spanish and Polish and Italian and Hungarian.

tys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 12, 2019
Welcome Meli! - And please don't be sorry for your English , it simply means you know another language which some people obviously don't know. Don't be sorry for learning, may be in future just mention "I am learning English" (^_^)

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
yeah... there is no german version... its sad... but the german culture isnt very entrepreneurship friendly at all. it changes a little bit... but only a little.

their fault.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...