The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
I have been listening to Unscripted by @MJ DeMarco on audible everyday trying to burn its message into my head, I recently referred it to one of my good friends.

He is a "successful" slow-lane guy; but he is the know-it-all, nay-sayer, contrarian type that loves to suffocate dreams and throws a wet blanket on any sort of Unscripted hopes of escape.

I referred the book to him because I wanted to build some type of fast lane business idea with him and hopefully use the book as a framework or a guideline.

A few hours later this was his response "I browsed through it and honestly I'm not sure fan of these types of books just because they keep covering the same philosophical point, just in different ways. I agree with it and this prefer books that are way more practical, that go deep into details like start a info product like this, price it 10x, sell it here, use this tool, etc. But I think you like it because it's motivational which I get, it's important to get a good dose of that."

His response reminded me of MJ saying in the book, there is no f**king list. Also you can't judge a book by its cover or its first few pages. Perhaps he doesn't take my recommendation seriously because I get excited about entreprenuer stuff all the time, perhaps over-hyping things at times.

But it had me thinking about the practicality of MJ's books, I'd say they are pretty damn practical, and a lot of action items that you can run with. It is sort of the map, and most importantly it is conditioning the mind to think in terms of fast-lane businesses. And, from what I have heard from gurus and the wealthy, 80% of business is the inside game…Thoughts, anyone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
Aha, I found it here, MJ says in Unscripted pg. 104 "Meh, not important-just tell me how to make money, give me the exact steps…" Then goes on to say "... the brain is the battlefield for success more so than any actions that come later."

I am sure those who have made it to the destination will second that notion.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
How can the idiot get details when all he did was browse?

You need better friends.

Yeah I agree, I have been looking for entrepreneurial-type of friends that can help me get to the next level…As I continue to condition my mind to be more Unscripted , I find it harder to relate to old friends…I don't want to go to a bar and watch sports and talk about meaningless sh*t or party, like if everything is swell in my life, I still have to go to work on Monday... I'll party when I do something worth celebrating.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.