The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I trust this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If he just wants to give you money he doesn't need anything except a Paypal e-mail address. Moneygram? Wire? What?

Deals in your local area? I'm assuming you're not talking about 5 figures plus money transfer here.

Nothing adds up here, like, at ALL. Driver's license copy? Why?

Sounds like we've got ourselves a Nigerian prince on our hands. No, that's not sarcasm.

I would run, fast and far.
If he just wants to give you money he doesn't need anything except a Paypal e-mail address. Moneygram? Wire? What?

Deals in your local area? I'm assuming you're not talking about 5 figures plus money transfer here.

Nothing adds up here, like, at ALL. Driver's license copy? Why?

Sounds like we've got ourselves a Nigerian prince on our hands. No, that's not sarcasm.

I would run, fast and far.
gonna pm you i need to explain somehing. Gonna pm vig too.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You can pm me but not him, iirc his are off. Might not get back to u till the morning tho

Keep in mind that im no expert and can only give really general advice

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
How do you, i can never figure it out on this forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You can pm me but not him, iirc his are off. Might not get back to u till the morning tho

Keep in mind that im no expert and can only give really general advice

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
thats fine, there is just relevant info to this story that id rather not share publicly

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Is what you're suggesting, essentially riding someone else's dealer credentials as an affiliate, and probably across state lines, actually legal?

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You and your potential partner should get something drawn up by an attorney.
Ok. Here's some advice.

1. One screen name per poster

2. Don't do business with banned posters but ask for our help

Is that kind enough?

Vig,

I honestly have no hostility, just when someone implies that I'm stupid I find that hard to ignore. For the record, i'm just gonna drop it, i didn't come here to get in a flame war. I'm just getting a tad desperate, and thought i found a cool lead on a money making situation.

But I honestly don't have the experience in this sort of thing to determine whether my instincts are correct, whether i'm just being timid, or whether i'm totally justified in feeling the alarm bells go off.

Bottom line, I just don't get why it's necessary to call my question stupid. Is it really that absurd? I'm not asking for permission to go through with it, but I just wanted some input from more experienced people...which is what a forum like this is about isn't it?

No hostility on my end, but that's where i'm coming from. Thats all i'm gonna say

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Although I disagree with your attitude towards vig, i will spare a few words/questions

When you say legal work what do you mean?

Is he sending you the money he makes from these deals then you split it with him 50/50?

At what point do you receive any money from him? And how much on average do you think?

Also can you elaborate on what you mean by "then he mentioned he bankrolls people (fronts the money) for deals their local area"

edit: Has he shown any actual proof of having a dealers license?

Don't do it

1) Open a dealers license under you
or
He doesnt have a dealers license and is going to use you for bill of sales

2) If he is facilitating any money through you, he could be laundering or evading taxes

I don't recall where, but a man had let his online "friend" send payments to his paypal. This "friend" was flipping items (same in your case). In this case he was flipping high end shoes. About a year or so later this guy received information stating that he owed over $70,000 in taxes all taxes from the money sent through his paypal by his "friend". Of course this guy could not do anything to go after him so he had to foot the $70,000 tax bill

Thanks for your input. I dunno I was just trying to have a mellow discussion about this thing i stumbled on..it just amazes me how forums get people really get F*cking uptight and judgemental. Everybody is tough behind a screen i guess.

To answer you.

"When you say legal work what do you mean?"

Not sure what I said that you're referring to here.

"Is he sending you the money he makes from these deals then you split it with him 50/50?"

No. I find the deals in my area, and he would wire me the money to make the sale. Then when i sell it, I wire him the original investment + %50 profit. So its 50/50. It was an compelling offer. He claims to have made a shit ton of money doing it, and a very prominent Fastlane member originally linked to a thread on a different website.... where this guy detailed his whole method. It is a very detailed 20 page thread, it would almost be joker-level criminal mastermind to manufacture the amount of details on that thread. So i'm inclined to believe his abilities. I'll make clear that I don't in any way hold anyone from this forum responsible for anything I do. I just went out of my way to contact the guy.

"At what point do you receive any money from him? And how much on average do you think?"

I would just receive the money necessary to buy the item. On average hard to say, but you stand to make about anywhere from 500-3k total on a given deal, split 50/50. I'd happily make 1k for 2 hours work. So naturally, i'm trying to be as cautious as possible as i feel out the legitimacy of the whole thing.

Also can you elaborate on what you mean by "then he mentioned he bankrolls people (fronts the money) for deals their local area"

He claims that he does this with several people. To my ears, it sounds like he has found a way to scale a craigslist hustle. Several people all over hell and back. He fronts some money, makes an easy return for really no work. The other party gets funding, some insight into good deals (as the guy usually confirm the really good deals). I have no problem being part of his hustle, even if I could do it myself...which i haven't ruled out at all. I haven't made any choice, and honestly i can barely get ahold of him, which is another red flag. Then again, if he is that busy..its understandable.

edit: Has he shown any actual proof of having a dealers license?

No. This is the sort of thing I find useful, because I admittedly know jack shit about verifying anything of this nature.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rep+

Remind me I owe you one next time you need anything.

Excellent perspective.

This is why we don't automatically dump posts to [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

Yeah good policy. I guess this great reply was a fluke, from a mysterious vacuum in space. Couldn't be that an OP's post might, over time, develop into something informative. Where others give their input.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You are been sought for "something" ...

Offering advice to you would be futile. People here on TFF create their own futures. You must decide whether you want someone else to create "your" future.........Good luck with that dream.

Did you ever stop and think of the amount of time that members here "freely" give to respond to your question.

Lets just take 40 random direct posts from members . We all have to read the thread in it entirety, to tease out , add to, object to, or simply to avoid repetition. We had to articulate a response using our unique experience. I estimate people here on the forum have invested 400 minutes = 6.6 hrs on your thread. When you get a "condescending reply" it's because you are attracting such a reply. There are probably another 6.6 hrs invested from members that just couldn't be bothered to reply.

So there we have 13 hrs of productive time that you have hijacked from this community. Some members here earn in excess of $1000 / hour. Lets take a low average of $100/hour ..Your mentor Bill would be $1300 Sir. You got it for free but still managed to squander it.

Xxxxx F*cking shitball xxxxx.

So if your time is so valuable, why are you taking the time to bust out this complete horseshit arithmatic. What is wrong with you? I mean that is the lamest thing i've read in recent times. If you're serious, there is zero way to verify any of that. It looks impressive when you display it with creativity, and stupid people might take your equation at face value but, it's all veneer. You know what I wager? People sign in, see a thread, and their bored and surfing. Then they read a bit, and spend 5 minutes max posting a reply. You're an absolute retard.

"When you get a "condescending reply" it's because you are attracting such a reply."

Sure, but that does not imply that I am the catalyst for such a reply. Maybe just the excuse for the reply. There are tons of forum jockeys such as you and vig who love to preach on your mountain and show disdain to people. I've seen it a million times. It's just your way of feeling good about yourself.

In fact you're the ones clogging up this thread with your negative shit. I've seen several replies that are legitimate and explore this issue.

As far as making my own future, dude calm down. Easy boy, easy. Let me tug the reigns on you there seabiscuit. It's just a POTENTIAL way to make some quick cash. I said elsewhere I have my own business. I'm in a bind. Let me pierce through your psyche and reveal something to you. Your ego is heavily invested in the dogma of the Fastlane mindset. Fair enough, its an excellent book. But you see everything through that lens, and assume I know nothing, have no insight or experience, and no brain of my own. You have an inability to look beyond your own bias. I am none of the things you assume, and twisting this whole thing to suit your perspective will not suck me in. I'm a hard working, motivated dude, who just wanted a little bit of discussion about this...not a holy war. See ya.

Edited by Vigilante to delete profanity aimed towards religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I just wanted to add that people who can't take criticism are unlikely to succeed.

See: Basketball players, Football players, dancers, (enter athlete here), and mentees.

Feel free to add.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Excellent post. Many of us have huge hourly rates yet newbies get offended when its not the advice they want. We don't just post for the laugh, we take time out of our day to try steer people in the right direction.

OP - you are getting a slap in the face because everyone here knows if you can't make a simple decision on a sketchy deal like this you have bigger problems in your upcoming business career.
I just wanted to add that people who can't take criticism are unlikely to succeed.

See: Basketball players, Football players, dancers, (enter athlete here), and mentees.

Feel free to add.

Anonymous cash from the internet? What can go wrong.

If you have huge hourly rates, why are you posting on my thread? Did i force you?

Btw check out Howard Stern, the greatest broadcaster ever, radio legend. Study him for awhile and see if he takes criticism. People criticize him, they get the shiv. Or Jimmy Page, when people criticized that first zeppelin album, i know for a fact he didn't take it in. He internally said "F*ck off" to naysayers and negative people, such as a the majority here. Then he made Zeppelin 2 (and spare me the "well go make your zeppelin 2, kid). I doubt the critics at Rolling Stone had anything to do with the lightyears-ahead-of-it's-time middle section of "Whole Lotta Love". You think Lester Bangs inspired that? nah. Neither did any of the critics have anything to do with the subsequent knocking the Beatles from the #1 spot in the billboard charts. So I think that platitude is sort of bullshit. Page had an enduring rejection for the critics and press. Worked out well for that genius.

Just more empty, cliche platitudes.

And it wasn't at all constructive.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Since you didn't directly respond to my subtle comment, pick which of your two screen names you want to keep, Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.