The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I learn HTML & CSS, or JavaScript?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Kannnn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 2, 2021
I want to know how to make a good website for myself, but also as a way of side hustling. Will just HTML & CSS be enough? Are those enough for me to be able to make a site like MJ did with Limos.com? Are they enough to establish a connection between user/customer to supplier? Are they enough for me to eventually create a website for my own product or service?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kannnn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 2, 2021
I might have written it wrong; I'm definitely learning HTML and CSS (I'm having a shit-ton of fun with them), but I'm also wondering if I should learn Javacript?

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Are those enough for me to be able to make a site like MJ did with Limos.com?

As @Mainstream7 has said, you need all these three and more... if you want to do build it yourself and from scratch.

But we're in 2021, you can 100% build such a website without learning any of those technologies.

If you've identified an untapped lead gen marketplace idea and your sole reason for learning programming is to be able to build such a website, my advice is this: go launch your website and start to serve your niche TOMORROW with WordPress.

You can totally build such a site and grow as big as you can be with WordPress and appropriate plugins.

Or, at the very least, use WordPress to test the market and your assumptions while you learn to code.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
No, not worth it. Learn how to sell and then learn how to manage people.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
I want to know how to make a good website for myself, but also as a way of side hustling. Will just HTML & CSS be enough? Are those enough for me to be able to make a site like MJ did with Limos.com? Are they enough to establish a connection between user/customer to supplier? Are they enough for me to eventually create a website for my own product or service?
I tried taking a course about 2015 at the community college using Flash (gone) HJTML and CSS with Dreamweaver, which was the MAIN website creation program at the time. Then Joomla came along and that is now not being used that much either. Site languages come and go. Learning how to create using existing tools always allows for growth.

The two best ways are WordPress with tons of plugins and widgets or even a web builder offered by your hosting company. Both have the power to build great websites for yourself and for your clients. I would learn both so that you cater to the needs of clients who might want something this simple and also cater to clients who might want full-blown, multi-page sites.

The main advantage of WordPress though is that if you or the company created them for move hosting, it goes with them. A self-hosted web builder site on GoDaddy might not be migrated and be lost. Both have their good and their bad. Familiarize yourself with both, just for the learning if nothing else.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
Read Fox's book, before learning all of that.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
I am learning business skills, and freelancing skills, but I am also learning technical skills. I will do it all. As much as I'd like to rush my indepenence and freedom, I want to build the best possible foundations of my future success. Which means, moving pixels, left and right and up and down, and making buttons, and making forms etc, etc...

I still have a lot of LIFE to learn, so I am reserving the option of changing my perspective and my mind. But until then i'm sticking to learning to code, because right now I see no better way to touch millions, and to help a million people. I want to leverage the internet, which is why I want to learn as much technology as possible as fast as possible. If nothing else, it's going to help me when I finally do have a tangible idea, with it's implementation and deployment.

That's just my take on learning the web. Kind regards mr Kannnn

Pedro Henrique

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 20, 2016
Brazil
You should learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. After that, you should learn a framework like angular/vue or react and a back end language, I suggest nodejs (it is the javascript in that backend). You cannt build a site like limo using just WordPress, WordPress works just to be a freelancer. Progamming is a nice skill to have, it is totally worth take some time to learn (I wont lie, it takes a lot of time). But if you dont have time and have money, you can hire a programmer to build your web system.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.