The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I go to the birthday party?

WOULD I LIKE TO KNOW IF I’VE MADE THE GOOD CHOICE TO NOT GO TO THE BIRTHDAY ?

• YES

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Marius973

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 31, 2019
hello to you,

A few days ago a friend who is in my class at the school my guest at her birthday for these 18 years. ( He is not a close friend I know him only for 1 years) and it’s gonna be a great evening with a lot of people that I know a F*cking good night between students ( Plus with beautiful girls)

But here I refused to participate at the party when it seemed like I was enjoying the evening. For the following reasons:

-He’s not a close friend
-Virtually everyone who is invited on an old sidewalk pedestrian state
-They get drunk with a lot of booze
-Me and the invited people don’t have the same vision of life as we do, we want to take the highway and they want to have a job and then retire
-It’s a long way
-ca makes me take a lot of time (+ the next day)
-I won’t be able to move forward on my projects

WOULD I LIKE TO KNOW IF I’VE MADE THE GOOD CHOICE TO NOT GO TO THE BIRTHDAY ?

thank you ( Marius from france)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
From your post, you seem to have decided not to go. So don't.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
Yes weighing up all of those points it looks as though you have made the correct decision. But for me you shouldn't need to think of all those reasons not to go. The only reason you need is that you don't want to.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Honestly, you should just go.

Being 18 is also about having fun. One night with fun people and beautiful girls is not going to ruin your journey into the Fastlane.

I am 29 and most of my friends are happily living the slowlane life. I still enjoy going out with them from time to time.

Of course it is always better to surround yourself with like minded people who are just as ambitious as you, but it is also important not to forget your roots and still be able to have fun.

I am not telling you to be like me when I was 18 and get drunk every weekend partying. I am just saying that sometimes it is okay just to let loose and enjoy your youth. You will lose a couple of days in your business journey, but maybe you will get a great fun memory that will stick with you for many years. I think it is all about the balance.

In the end is your choice. Maybe it is an unpopular decision, but I would go if I were you!

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Being part of Fastlane is making decisions on your own. Not sure why you need to ask the forum about a decision so inconsequential as this.

Cheers,

Ryan

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Just because your outlook, ambitions and goals don't align with those of your friends doesn't mean you have to cast them off like a piece of old clothing you no longer have a use for.

You should have respect for their opinion and way of life just as you would for a persons religion, race, sexual orientation or disability.

Anything less just leads to an elitist attitude that will alienate you from much of society.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Also, my guess is that you read a lot of stuff like "I haven't been partying/been on vacations from 3-5 years to achieve this success!!". Well, maybe some of them are actually saying that they gave up on that, but for me it's BS. You can even find in some successful threads over here, that that person was actually going to the parties from time to time.

It's like diet. If you are sticking to it 361 days, 4 cheat days during a year won't affect you much.

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
Your reasons are good. I would add another aspect to consider, we are all social creatures, whether you like it or not, you won't feel very well if you don't socialize at all and grind all the time. So keep a healthy balance, if despite all logical evidence that you shouldn't go you feel tempted than do it. If you really don't want to, with this overwhelming evidence don't go.

It seems like a trivial aspect to some but I am actually struggling with it myself a lot recently. I am a very social person I do like to talk to people and spend time with them. Few of my close friends become recently very negative, and you are average of 5 ppl you hang around the most with, so I feel I need to change social circles since I try to avoid negative mindset and conversations about things going bad, but it is easier said than done it's not like you can find yourself 5 new friends that match your income/goals/life view and are positive people for tomorrow.

The last aspect I would take into consideration is that if you tend to look for good things in people you will have a lot of friends, they might not be hustling hard, they might drink a bit too much or something else but if you look to all the time judge people for their shortcomings you will find those and you will be rather alienated from society. So always try to find something positive about ppl, but the majority of your time, try to spend with ppl that inspire in multiple aspects and help you move forward with your goals and life.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would have gone to the party. Why not go? What were you going to do during those 4 hours? Or did you think you would go, start drinking and lose all your ambition to become successful at one party?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.