The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I Create an IG Profile for personal brand purposes?

Anything related to matters of the mind

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Hello There. First, I'll make the question, then I'll give the context.

What would be the first step for growing an IG to create a personal brand?

This is one of my first posts in the forum, so pardon me If I wrote on the wrong topic.

In 2020 I stopped using all social media except for Whatsapp. This is because I've found that 1-2 hours of looking at memes on Facebook was taking a toll on my sanity. So far, the best decision for my ability to focus and productivity.

The problem is, now, I have a different problem.

I know that everyone, whether you want It or not, takes a look at your social media for professional purposes. Yes, whether It is clients when doing outreach or employers, they'll check your profile.

Because of this, I'm planning to create a new social media account with my real name. I'm still having pussy thoughts and excuses because of my fear of judgment, but the pain of staying the same is beating the pain of change, so I will do It anyways. If you have any good resources on social media management, I will also thank It.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StefanCole11

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 17, 2023
Serbia, City of nish
I'm still having pussy thoughts and excuses because of my fear of judgment
Then go do what people who aren't judged do - work from 9 to 5.

If you want to start any kind of business or entrepreneurship, people will judge you, and people will reject your proposals.

A lot of stuff will happen to you that will make you feel miserable.

Your customers are your boss, and only they matter.
I'm planning to create a new social media account with my real name.

You can, but most important make a profile for your business and learn how, or pay somebody who knows how to lead them, make posts, reels, etc.

Good luck-

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Then go do what people who aren't judged do - work from 9 to 5.

If you want to start any kind of business or entrepreneurship, people will judge you, and people will reject your proposals.

A lot of stuff will happen to you that will make you feel miserable.

Your customers are your boss, and only they matter.

You can, but most important make a profile for your business and learn how, or pay somebody who knows how to lead them, make posts, reels, etc.

Good luck-
You're right. I will start by creating a business IG account and then work on my Meta Ad Copy and Creative Design.

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
You don't need a social media profile so sell stuff or run a business, aside from maybe a placeholder profile so you can run ads on Meta platforms (if that's what you want to do).
Good. That's what I'll do. Now It's time to work on outreach and create content.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA

I know that everyone, whether you want It or not, takes a look at your social media for professional purposes. Yes, whether It is clients when doing outreach or employers, they'll check your profile.
Is this a real problem or just a problem you think might happen?

Cathy790

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2024

This is one of my first posts in the forum, so pardon me If I wrote on the wrong topic.

In 2020 I stopped using all social media except for Whatsapp. This is because I've found that 1-2 hours of looking at memes on Facebook was taking a toll on my sanity. So far, the best decision for my ability to focus and productivity.

Because of this, I'm planning to create a new social media account with my real name. I'm still having pussy thoughts and excuses because of my fear of judgment, but the pain of staying the same is beating the pain of change, so I will do It anyways. If you have any good resources on social media management, I will also thank It.

First step for growing an IG for personal brand: Define your niche and target audience. Post authentic content reflecting your interests and expertise. Stay consistent and engage with your followers. Explore resources on social media management for further guidance.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
If fear of failure or judgement > goal of freedom, then entrepreneurship isn't for you. Taking calculated risks and being uncomfortable is part of the journey. Embrace it: you'll get better at it every day.

Cathy790

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2024

The first step for growing an Instagram for personal branding is defining your niche and audience. Identify your interests, expertise, or unique perspective. Share content that resonates with your target audience, engage authentically and utilize relevant hashtags to increase visibility.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.