The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shopify: No sales | Need your analysis

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
So, I think you have a nice looking product, but I don't see any USP. If I have $80-100 to spend on a simple elegant daily wear watch, why buy a Saint Vincent instead of a Skagen or something comparable? Answer that question in quality copy, and I think you'll get some bites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I didn't say that at all. Instagram traffic is only as good as it is targeted. It's like any other major traffic source: are you hitting the right people? Are you going after a demand that these people have? Can you demonstrate that your alternative is the best one for them?

Is your Instagram targeting the kind of targeting that will hit the demand?

Be real. The realer it seems, the more it's worth. A lot of people don't read testimonials anymore because they know that a good portion of them are fake. Despite this, it's still necessary to have.

Seeming real could be (1) having videos of people wearing the watches and saying they love them, or (2) having links to people's Facebook/Instagram posts where they say that exact thing. (I highly recommend that you don't fake these. If they're not real, or they seem obviously paid for, that will lose you credibility. Get real testimonials.)

Your products don't look amazing for the price point. I imagine you're importing them from another country. I've bought better looking watches for $20. Doesn't mean you won't sell any (I believe that Fossil watches are the same way, and look at them!), but that's just my impression. I hope your designs are unique, at the very least.

J has given you the best advice thus far but the biggest issue besides marketing is the product. There's not a single thing done here which is proper..I suggest overhauling from scratch. The watch looks like a cheap dw, that's the biggest problem. DW knockoffs are a dime a dozen. You need to create something unique with high quality components if you want to play in this field. The logo also needs to be redone and you can get that done for dirt cheap. The logo looks like Armani or the Washington Capitals. The wings/eagle logos are way overdone. It looks like it was made from those free logo websites.

Once that's done, you need to toss that website in the trash and build something from scratch, pay the extra money for a premium template on shopify and hire developers to customize it for your needs. You need real photography, videography to showcase the timepieces. I can honestly type paragraphs which feels endless at this point bc there's just so many issues from design to marketing. Those 10K instagram followers are definitely non targeted, maybe purchased, follow/unfollowed, etc.. or you would have sales coming in daily.

My suggestion, start over. I wish you luck.

Last edited:

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
I started a shopify store in the jewelry niche. Till now, I got 550 visits to my site but no sale.

Seen a few sold out tags today!

From 0 to sold out in less than 3 days ( Sun to Tues)

Well done :clap::

Agree with the other commenters here who suggest adding an optin form tofollow up/keep in contact with your website visitors or to encourage a purchase by offering a discount Say this because I've left your onlineshop and doubt there'll be any reason to return and yet if you reminded me by email to view new offers or new lines of your watches or watch industry latest news, when and if I do decide to purchase a watch this year , your website would be the first to come to mind.

Also a brief backstory of how the name
Saint Vincent Watches came to be, could be added to bring a more welcome to my online shop type of message because ' a watch brand established by watch enthusiasts from Berlin, Germany' (see I did read your OurStory and AboutUs info;)) doesn't spring to mind when I see the name Saint Vincent. I associate that name with a small island in the Caribbean not a company from Germany which is few miles away.

Either way, certain you'll see even more SOLD OUT tags soon!

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Well done on selling out your watches so quickly haha

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
All of the above and if someone hasn't mentioned this have not just EURO prices but US dollar especially for us lazy Americans...

I have never tried this but looking into the best bot AI for social platforms that doesn't seem like a spammy fake account TRUE AI with quality that can/will function as a human would so it looks like a human... Either build your own (very difficult, hire a *WHITE HAT-hacker* since it's not illegal yet for some reason out of ALL programmer's I have contacted "ethical hacker's" or "pen-tester's" know all about doing this again it's legal...) or try a service like this :

Instagress / About

malonewolf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 14, 2017
Seattle
Hey Vincent, thanks for posting and sharing your store with us. It's an easy ego stroke for someone to share their business when they're killing it... humbling when they need help.

There are a few things that need to happen for your site to be successful.

1. Landing page - This needs to be redesigned, with provocative copy and pro photography. It's the only way anything at this price point will sell. It has to highlight the brand as aspirational, unique and desirable. You want to see that in action? Check out Reformation. One of the best examples you'll find.
2. Social proof - As someone before said, you need influencers to be hocking your wares. But you can't just cold message someone with 500k followers on Instagram and hope to have them respond. You need to be strategic about it. It has to be something that makes people take notice and read your message, otherwise it's a waste. Which brings me to my third point...
3. Brand positioning - I have no idea what your brand is supposed to be. "Luxury watches"... great. But who's your audience? And don't say "people with a lot of money. :)" Your brand needs a story illustrated with stunning, captivating imagery. Every single photo you post should include someone wearing your watch, and it needs to show their face. It doesn't have to be GQ/Vogue-style photography, nor should it. But it should make people scroll through your Instagram account and either 1) see themselves as the person in the photo, or 2) with the person in the photo.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ehraz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2016
Boy am i glad i found this thread.
I've been building a few instagram brands for a while now and Im almost done building the stores related to the brands. I chose to use woocommerce since its free!
I was thinking once i setup the stores i'd get so many orders that i'd have to hire some to process them but this thread helped me come down to earth. I can see the importance of creating uniqueness in your products/brand. I will definitely be reconsider my launch strategy.
Thanks for the great advice.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi,

If you're still struggling to make a few sales, you can PM me or reply to this thread and I can hook you up with a old business partner, he has a few 'modelling' accounts on Instagram with around 20-250k followers. It may help you in getting your brand recognised on social media platforms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.