• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Shopify: No sales | Need your analysis

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Vincent_Vega, Jan 15, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Argue

Argue Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,581
    I like it more, yes. Good job. Keep working hard and improving for the better. :)

2. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,875
    It is useful. He was able to recognize your watches as knockoffs (or at least shittier versions of watches that sell well under well known brands). If you want to build a brand, that shouldn't be how it's seen. You also don't want to be seen as a copycat.

Your page just says 'Shop Now' and then lists the products. That's a bad way to go about it. The space above the fold should be used to convince people that a specific product or products are what they should consider. Think of your website as not just the store, but as the retail salesperson as well. The site needs to be doing a good job of actually selling the products.

Overall, your site looks like one of a million Shopify sites that pop up every day. There's zero credibility. No testimonials, no Amazon reviews, no proof of your product being worn by someone who matters. Show that there's at least some credibility here and you'll have a better chance.

Also where's your traffic coming from (I'm assuming IG)? That's a big part of what the problem might be.

Argue, PTP, miked_d and 3 others like this.
  3. Vincent_Vega

Vincent_Vega Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks for your input.

I understand. I'm working on the testimonials thing at the moment. Any ideas how to stand out?

And care to elaborate why IG traffic is bad?

4. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,875
    I didn't say that at all. Instagram traffic is only as good as it is targeted. It's like any other major traffic source: are you hitting the right people? Are you going after a demand that these people have? Can you demonstrate that your alternative is the best one for them?

Is your Instagram targeting the kind of targeting that will hit the demand?

Be real. The realer it seems, the more it's worth. A lot of people don't read testimonials anymore because they know that a good portion of them are fake. Despite this, it's still necessary to have.

Seeming real could be (1) having videos of people wearing the watches and saying they love them, or (2) having links to people's Facebook/Instagram posts where they say that exact thing. (I highly recommend that you don't fake these. If they're not real, or they seem obviously paid for, that will lose you credibility. Get real testimonials.)

Your products don't look amazing for the price point. I imagine you're importing them from another country. I've bought better looking watches for $20. Doesn't mean you won't sell any (I believe that Fossil watches are the same way, and look at them!), but that's just my impression. I hope your designs are unique, at the very least.

LifeTransformer and ddzc like this.
  5. smarty

smarty Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,096
    Didn't have much time to look but a quick visit to your site (link) and I saw these reviews: (screenshot).
    If I was a potential buyer, I would run for my life after seeing that. So remove them quickly.

PTP likes this.
  6. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,220
    So, I think you have a nice looking product, but I don't see any USP. If I have $80-100 to spend on a simple elegant daily wear watch, why buy a Saint Vincent instead of a Skagen or something comparable? Answer that question in quality copy, and I think you'll get some bites.

Midas and Kingmaker like this.
  7. ddzc

ddzc Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,724
    J has given you the best advice thus far but the biggest issue besides marketing is the product. There's not a single thing done here which is proper..I suggest overhauling from scratch. The watch looks like a cheap dw, that's the biggest problem. DW knockoffs are a dime a dozen. You need to create something unique with high quality components if you want to play in this field. The logo also needs to be redone and you can get that done for dirt cheap. The logo looks like Armani or the Washington Capitals. The wings/eagle logos are way overdone. It looks like it was made from those free logo websites.

Once that's done, you need to toss that website in the trash and build something from scratch, pay the extra money for a premium template on shopify and hire developers to customize it for your needs. You need real photography, videography to showcase the timepieces. I can honestly type paragraphs which feels endless at this point bc there's just so many issues from design to marketing. Those 10K instagram followers are definitely non targeted, maybe purchased, follow/unfollowed, etc.. or you would have sales coming in daily.

My suggestion, start over. I wish you luck.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    The-J and Argue like this.
  8. Arrived2015

Arrived2015 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Seen a few sold out tags today!

From 0 to sold out in less than 3 days ( Sun to Tues)

Well done :clap::

Agree with the other commenters here who suggest adding an optin form tofollow up/keep in contact with your website visitors or to encourage a purchase by offering a discount Say this because I've left your onlineshop and doubt there'll be any reason to return and yet if you reminded me by email to view new offers or new lines of your watches or watch industry latest news, when and if I do decide to purchase a watch this year , your website would be the first to come to mind.

Also a brief backstory of how the name
    Saint Vincent Watches came to be, could be added to bring a more welcome to my online shop type of message because ' a watch brand established by watch enthusiasts from Berlin, Germany' (see I did read your OurStory and AboutUs info;)) doesn't spring to mind when I see the name Saint Vincent. I associate that name with a small island in the Caribbean not a company from Germany which is few miles away.

Either way, certain you'll see even more SOLD OUT tags soon!

9. ddzc

ddzc Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,724
    lol, those shopify apps/plugins do fool people.

Drew D, Waspy, strobe and 1 other person like this.
  10. strobe

strobe Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $273
    Well done on selling out your watches so quickly haha

11. grindmode

grindmode Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15
    All of the above and if someone hasn't mentioned this have not just EURO prices but US dollar especially for us lazy Americans...

I have never tried this but looking into the best bot AI for social platforms that doesn't seem like a spammy fake account TRUE AI with quality that can/will function as a human would so it looks like a human... Either build your own (very difficult, hire a *WHITE HAT-hacker* since it's not illegal yet for some reason out of ALL programmer's I have contacted "ethical hacker's" or "pen-tester's" know all about doing this again it's legal...) or try a service like this :

Instagress / About

12. malonewolf

malonewolf New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    Hey Vincent, thanks for posting and sharing your store with us. It's an easy ego stroke for someone to share their business when they're killing it... humbling when they need help.

There are a few things that need to happen for your site to be successful.

1. Landing page - This needs to be redesigned, with provocative copy and pro photography. It's the only way anything at this price point will sell. It has to highlight the brand as aspirational, unique and desirable. You want to see that in action? Check out Reformation. One of the best examples you'll find.
    2. Social proof - As someone before said, you need influencers to be hocking your wares. But you can't just cold message someone with 500k followers on Instagram and hope to have them respond. You need to be strategic about it. It has to be something that makes people take notice and read your message, otherwise it's a waste. Which brings me to my third point...
    3. Brand positioning - I have no idea what your brand is supposed to be. "Luxury watches"... great. But who's your audience? And don't say "people with a lot of money. :)" Your brand needs a story illustrated with stunning, captivating imagery. Every single photo you post should include someone wearing your watch, and it needs to show their face. It doesn't have to be GQ/Vogue-style photography, nor should it. But it should make people scroll through your Instagram account and either 1) see themselves as the person in the photo, or 2) with the person in the photo.

PaulRobert and ehraz like this.
  13. ehraz

ehraz PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    Boy am i glad i found this thread.
    I've been building a few instagram brands for a while now and Im almost done building the stores related to the brands. I chose to use woocommerce since its free!
    I was thinking once i setup the stores i'd get so many orders that i'd have to hire some to process them but this thread helped me come down to earth. I can see the importance of creating uniqueness in your products/brand. I will definitely be reconsider my launch strategy.
    Thanks for the great advice.

14. Akeem

Akeem Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Hi,

If you're still struggling to make a few sales, you can PM me or reply to this thread and I can hook you up with a old business partner, he has a few 'modelling' accounts on Instagram with around 20-250k followers. It may help you in getting your brand recognised on social media platforms.