The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shopify Apps

Clueless Newbie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 7, 2018
New York City
Hi guys

Have any of you ever launched a Shopify App?

I've tried WP plugins in the past but failed. Wondering how Shopify App space is. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
CluelessNewbie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Haven't launched one but use plenty, do you have a need or problem that you are solving for Shopify customers?

Clueless Newbie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 7, 2018
New York City
Haven't launched one but use plenty, do you have a need or problem that you are solving for Shopify customers?

Hi Bearcorp, thanks for your reply.

Didn't identify a need or problem yet.
So far I've joined a bunch of Facebook groups for Shopify shop owners. The groups are active, which is great. I'm also seeing threads about Shopify in this forum/other places. All positive news so far.

The reason I like Shopify is because I'm a developer. This is a space where I could really provide exceptional value.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Have you also tried searching around Shopify forums? Spending some time going through threads there and you might come across some issues store owners are having, and I'm sure there will be people in the Facebook groups complaining about one thing or another! Find that need or problem people are having and get after it, good luck :thumbsup:

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Hi Bearcorp, thanks for your reply.

Didn't identify a need or problem yet.
So far I've joined a bunch of Facebook groups for Shopify shop owners. The groups are active, which is great. I'm also seeing threads about Shopify in this forum/other places. All positive news so far.

The reason I like Shopify is because I'm a developer. This is a space where I could really provide exceptional value.
I use Shopify and there is one problem I wish there was an app for. When customers order sometimes they buy more than one of my products and Shopify for whatever reason wont easily let you charge shipping for separate products/boxes at checkout.

There is a way to make it work by messing with weight and price options in shipping but it’s a pain. I’ve seen others complain on the Shopify forum. Maybe something to look into. I would pay for that right now.

amroz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 1, 2020
Poland
I use Shopify and there is one problem I wish there was an app for. When customers order sometimes they buy more than one of my products and Shopify for whatever reason wont easily let you charge shipping for separate products/boxes at checkout.

There is a way to make it work by messing with weight and price options in shipping but it’s a pain. I’ve seen others complain on the Shopify forum. Maybe something to look into. I would pay for that right now.
Hi, did you find solution to your problem?
I want to create shopify app and I'm looking for ideas, so maybe I can help you.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Hi, did you find solution to your problem?
I want to create shopify app and I'm looking for ideas, so maybe I can help you.
No. I sold that business so I don’t have a use for it now but I don’t think anyone has solved that problem yet. I would’ve paid for it and still would if I was doing Shopify.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.