The title of this thread is not a click-bait. It happened almost 3 years ago. My first love left me after 3 years in a relationship. I cried myself to sleep at least twice a week, for almost a year.
Why am I telling you this? There's a simple reason:
Most people blame their ex'es for hurting them. Thieves for breaking their window to steal a TV. Or a competitor doing unethical things to win business.
There's a little crumble of wisdom that is so obvious, but so often ignored:
All of the above-mentioned people didn't want to hurt you. Anger, desperation, frustration were just emotions triggered by your reaction to a situation. All of the above-mentioned people simply made choices that were supposed to make their lives better. All of the above-mentioned people simply made a choice to improve their life and you were just standing on their way.
Most people tell me how evil my ex was for dumping me. Relatives tell me that they're surprised that I didn't get insane, because of all the events that followed after she left me (long story)...but you know what? I am proud of her. I am proud that she made a choice to make her life a better place. And she made a right decision.
Don't feel angry about others. We're all together in the same game known as The Life.
Why am I telling you this? There's a simple reason:
Most people blame their ex'es for hurting them. Thieves for breaking their window to steal a TV. Or a competitor doing unethical things to win business.
There's a little crumble of wisdom that is so obvious, but so often ignored:
All of the above-mentioned people didn't want to hurt you. Anger, desperation, frustration were just emotions triggered by your reaction to a situation. All of the above-mentioned people simply made choices that were supposed to make their lives better. All of the above-mentioned people simply made a choice to improve their life and you were just standing on their way.
Most people tell me how evil my ex was for dumping me. Relatives tell me that they're surprised that I didn't get insane, because of all the events that followed after she left me (long story)...but you know what? I am proud of her. I am proud that she made a choice to make her life a better place. And she made a right decision.
Don't feel angry about others. We're all together in the same game known as The Life.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
