The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shark Tank: Moki Doorstep

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Wow that’s awesome! Love the product, this stuff gets me pumped! Doesn’t have to be super high tech, or an app, or something complicated. These two solved a problem, that’s all we need to do. Thanks for sharing.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I think they were smart to take it.

Product is too simple... once you get some traction and you've got a flood of competitors. Already $12 competitors on Amazon for the same exact thing.

Granted, it's always possible to continue innovating and building out the brand, and staying ahead... but when the barrier is low... take the money!

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I think they were smart to take it.

Product is too simple... once you get some traction and you've got a flood of competitors. Already $12 competitors on Amazon for the same exact thing.

Granted, it's always possible to continue innovating and building out the brand, and staying ahead... but when the barrier is low... take the money!

Yes and not unique to the mounting location as it turns out. I see some assistance devices (cane handles) that go in the same spot in the car that have been out for awhile to help people get in and out of a car - with key holders built into them lol. Probably patentability issues with it, I wonder if the deal actually went through after the show or if Damon’s team found IP issues and backed out.

Still cool as heck. Imagine being them and it worked. Quick 3 mil, plenty to exit the day job and carry you over to the next project. I’d get the money and go!

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
That was awesome. They did well and probably made the right decision to take the $3M, especially with a baby on the way.

I'm more curios on the thought process that made Daymond go after the whole company for $3M, like what was is plan?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.