The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Shark Tank: Moki Doorstep

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Wow that’s awesome! Love the product, this stuff gets me pumped! Doesn’t have to be super high tech, or an app, or something complicated. These two solved a problem, that’s all we need to do. Thanks for sharing.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
I think they were smart to take it.

Product is too simple... once you get some traction and you've got a flood of competitors. Already $12 competitors on Amazon for the same exact thing.

Granted, it's always possible to continue innovating and building out the brand, and staying ahead... but when the barrier is low... take the money!

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I think they were smart to take it.

Product is too simple... once you get some traction and you've got a flood of competitors. Already $12 competitors on Amazon for the same exact thing.

Granted, it's always possible to continue innovating and building out the brand, and staying ahead... but when the barrier is low... take the money!

Yes and not unique to the mounting location as it turns out. I see some assistance devices (cane handles) that go in the same spot in the car that have been out for awhile to help people get in and out of a car - with key holders built into them lol. Probably patentability issues with it, I wonder if the deal actually went through after the show or if Damon’s team found IP issues and backed out.

Still cool as heck. Imagine being them and it worked. Quick 3 mil, plenty to exit the day job and carry you over to the next project. I’d get the money and go!

Mr992

Bronze Contributor
Nov 29, 2016
That was awesome. They did well and probably made the right decision to take the $3M, especially with a baby on the way.

I'm more curios on the thought process that made Daymond go after the whole company for $3M, like what was is plan?

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom