The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Service to help people save money?

GetRichODT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Feb 8, 2015
I have a blog that I am working to re-launch. In my daily life, I've always been passionate about Financial Independence and talking to whoever will listen (and even to some that won't listen....I'm getting better at that i promise :))

One thing I've had a skill at is teasing out where people are wasting money each and every month. $10s-$100s of dollars and helping them, with little to no effort, start reducing their expenses so they can begin to pay off debt, build an Emergency Fund and then invest.

Is this something that you think could be monetized? Could I weave this into my blog and offer to look over people's expenses (whatever they are willing to share) and tie that in to some affiliate marketing where I'm funneling customers to various service providers, thereby being paid twice?

1) by the Customer who is paying me to help reduce their costs

2) by the affiliate I am marketing for?

This would not be anything to do with investing advice but simply helping people get their spending under control and get moving in the right direction.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
What you are indicating here boils down to consulting. I have some questions:

1. What qualifies you to do this kind of work/have a consultancy? E.g. Do you have sufficient experience in this field to pursue it on a professional level?
  2. Consulting involves explicitly having someone pay you for your time. How would you separate your time from money?

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Not to be Captain Obvious here, but won't people save money by not using your service? And by funneling them to affiliates, aren't they spending even more money they should be trying to cut?

Maybe try writing a short ebook on the subject if you're qualified --meaning you either have walked the walk and gotten good results or you have done this type of consultancy in the past with good results.

bporiss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 25, 2018
Yes, it is the moat important thing in a business to keep some money in the backup in order to utilise it in the situation where business need a financial push for getting mature. Many businessmen lose their money only due to this reason. Best of luck for the relaunch of your blog!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Ever heard of moneysavingexpert.com?

It's pretty big here in the UK.

The founder has a net worth of $100M+

Please SEARCH before posting.