The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help People Sell Their Houses and Make Money With Digital Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I'd love some feedback from the experienced folk... I got the idea of a hustle based on the need of people to sell their homes. I'd been looking at ads and some are quite terrible. 150K$ Houses with just 1 picture of the front and 5 words for the description of the place. These people would really benefit from better marketing I belive.
Could it be an opportunity to help these people? I would Contact them, offer them to run ads, take pictures and/or HD video fo the house, copywriting etc.
Charge 3% commission on the sale ? What do you guys think ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I'd love some feedback from the experienced folk... I got the idea of a hustle based on the need of people to sell their homes. I'd been looking at ads and some are quite terrible. 150K$ Houses with just 1 picture of the front and 5 words for the description of the place. These people would really benefit from better marketing I belive.
Could it be an opportunity to help these people? I would Contact them, offer them to run ads, take pictures and/or HD video fo the house, copywriting etc.
Not my region of expertise, but it's definitely a good idea. I wouldn't charge 3% commission I'd do it a little different. Pay the ads yourself and just ask for 30% commission but only if you can sell it at a higher price. For example:
  • They want to sell it for 150k
  • You sell it for 200k with your ads
  • Pay the ads (maybe 2k or so)
  • You charge 30% on 50k so you get 15k
  • And you make your customer an extra 30k
Then your customers have nothing to lose. But your risk is quite high so you need to know which properties you can sell higher.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I notice some ADs about create a website for your home that is for sale , or providing marketing solutions ofr real estate agent. the thing is they are dirt cheep , I think it cost 5 CAD for month for a basic marketing package for agents.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I was thinking it could offer the service for realtor and charge them a fee. Since they are the only party willing to pay a fee for uncertain result. Traditional advertising on property websites or newspapers is notoriously expensive and will have a diminishing effect.

At the end of the day you have to think are you in the online marketing business or the realtor business with an online marketing edge. If it is the former then probably you just sell a cost effective service to realtor without the need and risk to guarantee the result at your cost.

If you really want to be a realtor then it is a different game. Study the industry and take the exam. I heard about realtors doing online showing of flats.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You would need a broker's license.

awsamro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 28, 2019
Thats exactly what real estate agents do. What am I missing here?

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
That pretty much makes you a realtor. I would love to know how you do with that.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I took a look at the license and seems I should go to university many years in order to have it. I'd rather not.
So I think next step would be find a licensed agent that needs better marketing. I tried with one already but no answer so far.
Or Maybe find another asset that I could help people sell. Ex: Boats, Cars. That I don't need a license.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I was thinking it could offer the service for realtor and charge them a fee. Since they are the only party willing to pay a fee for uncertain result. Traditional advertising on property websites or newspapers is notoriously expensive and will have a diminishing effect.

At the end of the day you have to think are you in the online marketing business or the realtor business with an online marketing edge. If it is the former then probably you just sell a cost effective service to realtor without the need and risk to guarantee the result at your cost.

If you really want to be a realtor then it is a different game. Study the industry and take the exam. I heard about realtors doing online showing of flats.

Running Facebook ads for realtors is one of the most popular niches for digital marketing agencies!

vishal gupta

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2020
new delho
I THINK YOU CAN DO THAT WHEN YOU HAVE A LARGE AUDIENCE SO THAT THEY CAN WATCH YOUR ADVT. AND COULD CONTACT YOU TO BUY THE HOUSE

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.