The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seo | tips

Marketing, social media, advertising

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm actually doing my SEO and I was wondering if it was almost all about quality of the backlinks and my quality content for my keyword on my website that will make me get a better google ranking?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Yes, quality over quantity is what gets you ranked. You can have 1,000 backlinks but if they are all from junk sites that are not high ranking themselves you will not rank higher than a page with 100 quality backlinks from high ranking sites for the same keyword. Building too many backlinks too soon can actually work against you as google will see this as unnatural.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
let say I have 6 keywords how can I rank 1 for all of them ?

I need good backlinks for all of them and good content quality for all keyword ?

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
You'll need to do some research on the matter.

There are two main areas.
On-page optimisation (making sure the page you want to rank contains a good 2-3-4% keyword density for the keywords you want).
Off-page optimisation (backlinks, from a variety of sources).

It will depend on how competitive the area is, and how broad the keywords are, to rank them suitably.

As I said, you will need to do your research. It's a big part of your online endeavours, and time well invested, in understanding the process (and therefore understanding what you are paying for/spending time on).

Good luck.

David Rees

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 9, 2012
Good tips. Any idea on where to get good high PR backlinks, is it worth paying for this service?

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi guys,

I'm actually doing my SEO and I was wondering if it was almost all about quality of the backlinks and my quality content for my keyword on my website that will make me get a better google ranking?

Quality is very important. Quality is more than page authority. It also means relevancy. Getting links on high authority pages with content related to your keyword is the best.

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
let say I have 6 keywords how can I rank 1 for all of them ?

I need good backlinks for all of them and good content quality for all keyword ?

Yes, you will need both. If they are more competitive keywords or keywords that are hard to get on the same page, then I recommend creating separate pages to split them up.

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Good tips. Any idea on where to get good high PR backlinks, is it worth paying for this service?

Most services that offer "high pr backlinks", fake the pr or inflate it. It is better to look at the authority of a page with a tool like Open Site Explorer.

You will be better off searching for your own high authority links. Search in google for sites related to your keyword and see if they accept link trades, guest posts or if they sell links. Make sure those sites get traffic. If you wil be buying links or doing guest posts, then you want to be sure it will be worth it.

David Rees

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 9, 2012
I am thinking of using a paid service for the higher PR backlinks, i am going to be using someone who has been recommended which is always a good idea. The reason is time, if i can get someone trustworthy to do it then i can spend my time on other things.

lexy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 5, 2012

Yes, it is.

The two things that matter most, for "linkjuice", are relevance (of the site - not so much the page - on which the backlink appears to your site), and quality.

Page-ranks and "numbers of backlinks" no longer mean much.

I stopped caring about page-ranks when Google did.

We can all see this for ourselves, from the monotonous regularity with which lower-PR pages with fewer backlinks are outranking higher-PR pages with far more backlinks, in Google's SERP's. It's self-evident. The people selling cheap/mass backlinking software/services don't like it being pointed out, of course, but unless they're talking to very naive potential customers, they just can't deny it any more. And according to Google (who openly give much information on these subjects on their various blogs/sites/videos) that's a continuing development, too.

Of course, Google isn't the only search engine ...

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
The people selling cheap/mass backlinking software/services don't like it being pointed out, of course, but unless they're talking to very naive potential customers, they just can't deny it any more.

I *love* my mass backlinking software. ;)

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I *love* my mass backlinking software. ;)

Look, almost anything works as long as you don't spam in a moronic way. Variety is the spice of life...

OP, you'll have to decide right now what kind of SEO you like doing
1) Slow and concentrate on quality
2) Quick and concentrate on quantity

If PR was as dead as some people say (true, it has been cut down to size significantly to make way for other factors such as brand and social signals) then there would really be a lot less reasons to take no1 seriously, unless you wished perfection in relevancy.

The overall quality of the site and its "viralness" can mean that no2 translates to no1 once "a chasm is crossed" :)

Also in SEO you can turn crap, non relevant, 3rd teer link juice with high PR into relevant, quality juice for your site.

You better have a great USP, a story to tell, can be a great teacher people listen to and recommend (or be a great personality) for pure and relatively trouble free no.1 approach - If I have an authority site, I am very careful who I throw links to, unless it's quality and something my audience would find as cool as I do or I make some coin with it (but *I* prefer email marketing for that).

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
On page seo is extremely important for seo, now more than ever. Take time to put out a site that has at least 5-10 pages of quality content that has at least 400-1000 words. Make sure you have good on page optimization and your internal linking structure is solid.

Then build quality backlinks to your blog/site. I am using blog networks that link to my money site(s) and they also link to a few web20 property.

Never do mass linking directly to your money site, use the higher quality linking to your money site and then do the mass lining to those high quality links that point to your site to give them more linking power.

You need to use a variety of different linking to have success

web2.0 properties
social bookmarks
article blasts
wiki links
doc sharing site links
social network links
blog network links

seo is always evolving and these days quality matters more than quantity and junk, google is cracking down on thin sites (sites that lack content and filled with junk).

Keep studying seo and keep evolving.....

Clutterbuck

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 6, 2012
i would agree, the website with the most higher quality links wins the game.

Any site can be outranked. the only factors are the amount of work and time you need to put into your SEO campaigns.

And a diverse number of links are needed too. But be careful of Blog Networks now, with the recent panda update some of these networks are becoming less effective.

As for the number of links to build and how quickly to build them, not too sure if this really matters. building 10K links in a day with xrumer, sure not a good idea for a brand new site. But you could build a few 000 a day, google will not index them all at the same time.

If google hasnt indexed your links, they dont count towards your SEO campaign.

esprintguy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 8, 2012
Yes, quality got your ranked up there. Well, technically, it depends on which search engine you are targeting. With Google as your target, quality must be a priority.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 18, 2012
Avoid SEOs that talk about the power of "free-for-all" links, link popularity schemes, or submitting your site to thousands of search engines. These are typically useless exercises that don't affect your ranking in the results of the major search engines -- at least, not in a way you would likely consider to be positive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.