The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(SEO Fastlane) Would this be helpful to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubbers

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 27, 2014
Borington, Ontario
Looking forward to a progress thread I walked away from my internet sites in 2011 totally not knowing what works in the SEO world. Setting up offline and only working on those sites, if you can help educate us on best practices, techniques etc I'm all in!

Never a day goes by where some SEO company spoofing telephone number from California promising first page on Google with their special system, never a day goes by that I don't try to sell them a No-no to get rid of unwanted hair!

Spaxton1 I've loved your posts so far keep on speeding!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@spaxton1, sir i believe just like in business you'd encounter supporters and those questioning your intention and with your experience I'm sure you've been dealing with them ever since.

One big thing that i've learned in posts from the legendary contributors here is selflessly helping others by sharing their wisdom and knowledge. There are many newbies (me for instance)who are looking for opportunities to learn and who knows, what you might share would change their lives forever.

I hope you continue to share your knowledge in the SEO field cause Im also interested.

The concerns are there and I do thank everyone who shared their ideas, opinions and warning (i think everyone has the right to) and if there are pitches in the end I'm sure the decision still rest upon each and everyone of us.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I don't know why everyone has to flame the guy when he's yet to try and sell something, and has had some decent threads.

I used to be a sales guy for the #1 SEO company in Australia, they actually ranked for "SEO" for like 5 years in Australia. I know better than 99% of SEO guys out there how much the landscape has changed.

But you know what? I still know guys ranking big keywords. Not many guys, like 5% of people that used to be able to rank still can - but there are still 10 organic slots on Googles search - and somebody has to hold them.

Let's see what you can do man! Would love a progress thread. You know how it'll go down if you try to sell - but if you don't, and you carry out a thorough progress thread, you'll be helping a lot of people out there; I know that personally I would be very grateful.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I for one haven't found any actionable advice in anything he said. In all do fairness he is entertaining as hell (That has a huge value in itself). Who doesn't like to hear stories that blow their wig back? Maybe every thing he says about SEO is true. Maybe it is not. I don't know... I'd love to find out, but I'm not going to beg from someone that only has credibility based on an amazing unverifiable story (It may prove to be very true). The biggest take away I have so far is that the dude knows how to create a buzz very quickly. Thats a huge plus in my book. But if having the ability to woo people is the only reference point I have, I'll wait to cast any kind of judgment.

One thing I won't lie about. I'm super jealous of your presentation skills @spaxton1

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
This is relevant to my interests (being that SEO pays my bills 100% and all....).

Am also fairly skeptical, but am willing to give the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Seems like there is significant interest in getting this thread underway, so lets get things moving....

jeremye

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jun 4, 2013
Dallas, TX
I like SPaxton1's posts even though I feel like I'm being sold to.

The 9 words was a very nice refresher that got me to go back through my ads and axe... cough over 50% cough...

I've sold a lot of seo. I was probably either buying or selling links to you at some point in 2011 and 2012. I ended up eating shit, and giving up, but it sounds like you were a lot smarter than me.

All that to say, I'd like a solid seo thread on this forum that I could contribute to and gain from, because I'm very strong in search and not so much at business.

beastoholic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 5, 2014
Darmstadt, Germany
yes i would really like to see how you make money with SEO- I'm new to this and really would like to learn how to do it the right way. And someone like you with experience is for me the best person to teach it because you already had success with your strategy.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I've learned a lot from the guy thus far and his posts have added value. I'd be interested to see the steak behind the sizzle!

Sounds like it may not happen but learning SEO from someone who has apparently positioned themsevles as an expert would be beneficial - it would allow us to weed through a lot of the crap out there today.

It will be quickly found if he's full of crap but honestly I don't see that being the case with this gentelman - you know this is waht happened back in teh Rich Dad forum days - people would call guys who were legit BS and they would cease to contribute - hence one reason we have this fanstastic forum today (not that it would not have happened anyhow).

Hope spaxton decides to do this b/c I for one would love to hear how to utilize SEO in a real business model outside of the many great posters (i.e. biophase) who've shared info like that before.

Joe

Ignacio_Reygadas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 25, 2014
Genarally, when someone is that polarizing it's because he doesn't give a F*ck about what anyone thinks of him. That is massive character, and you don't build character out of nothing, so i'm already intrigued. I belive this guy can tell us a few things he has learned doing his craft.

I'm totally in for the ride, although i still need to learn the basics (wich im doing right know reading an introductory book about SEO).

Go man, Do it!

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
Only if you have solid proof that what you're saying has worked for you, I mean re$ults.

I've looked at your website and see 16k of a hell of a lot of spammy backlinks, I'm not sure what advice you could provide that isn't already out there. Your original post was such air, it just reminded me of 'WSO' style threads from that nasty forum.

Edit: That may have sounded a bit harsh, but I mean if you've created million dollar businesses with SEO like you said, then I'm sure you could have paid someone to produce a better video than the one recently posted on your site.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
I've looked at your website and see 16k of a hell of a lot of spammy backlinks, I'm not sure what advice you could provide that isn't already out there. Your original post was such air, it just reminded me of 'WSO' style threads from that nasty forum.
Edit: That may have sounded a bit harsh, but I mean if you've created million dollar businesses with SEO like you said, then I'm sure you could have paid someone to produce a better video than the one recently posted on your site.

I'm not sure if what you think you've found is even one of my sites? But if so, its impossible to judge a book by its cover. For example, I have a large portfolio of websites. In my name.com account alone there are over 200 domains: http://screencast.com/t/sOnPRYJvi In godaddy I average about $800 a month in renewal fees (do the math). Godaddy is primarily used for seo purposes though.

Taking 2 sites and assuming you know everything about me is rediculous (especially since 1 has nothing to do with SEO rankings)

Just because an older site has spammy links from years past doesn't really mean anything. If you were doing SEO a few years back you would have done the same things if you wanted to be competitive. Did you notice that that site hasn't had any backlink building for over 2 years now?? Yet somehow we still have a call center + chat support to help our customers? Not all sites need SEO to survive. That one has strong membership base, and does well with offline referrals.

As for the videos? Not sure what you're talking about. We have a professional chromakey video studio and have created over 400 videos, screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/V5g82Wf71g At one time I even had a full-time video producer working for me. On other sites we do both in-house videos, and have paid professionals to create them. We don't do our own whiteboard videos; those are all outsourced.

Becareful about jumping to conclusions. My approach to SEO today is very different than what I did in the past. I run a lot of websites and have evolved over the years.

I'm not here to get pats on the back and I certainly don't need validation. Like many things in this world; a few ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I would definitely be interested in hearing about SEO techniques. I am just starting to do SEO and am a little overwhelmed with all of the options that I am seeing, especially when trying to hire it out.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Like many things in this world; a few ruin it for everyone else.

That's a real shame guys, I hope you're happy. This forum isn't like other SEO forums and IM forums, at least give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's already provided value here more than some of the others bashing him.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Do you guys remember when JackEdwards first joined this forum? He didn't bother announcing to the forum about how great he was, how he was so smart at what he does, or how he made millions. Zero ego. He didn't need validation because he just jumped straight in and started posting quality stuff. No one ever questioned who he was because his posts made it ridiculously obvious that he truly knew what he was doing in business. Same scenario for zen*******.

Hey man I'm not asking you to show bank statements, how many sites you own, which sites you own, etc.

I invite you to be like JackEdwards/zen******* and truly help others by spreading some real knowledge about the steps you took to build these million dollar businesses. Or even better, do a progress thread like you mentioned earlier. You said you can show a repeatable process for creating million dollar businesses. Seriously, if you can do that then you will likely have the most viewed thread on the entire forum and no one will ever question you. You already know the demand is there and that if the posts are good quality, people will comment on it.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
@IceCreamKid Yawn.

Just because you have a high rep bank on this forum doesn't mean jack. You'll get eaten alive in the real world. According to this post https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/icecreamkid-quit-his-job-this-morning.50550/ You just quit your job last month and still haven't told your mom and dad about it.

I definetly don't need you to coach me about the fastlane, nor should you be coaching anyone else about the fastlane until you're doing it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
According to this post https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/icecreamkid-quit-his-job-this-morning.50550/ You just quit your job last month and still haven't told your mom and dad about it.

As a guy who grew up having alot of Asian friends. I can tell you this has nothing to to with character in the real world. This is the traditional Asian family as an institution. If you look around the forum deep enough you will find Asian members reporting that it is looked down upon to be rich in their culture.

Asian kids always have to work in secret. It's easier than having your parents sending you negative energy and constantly telling you to get a job.

I definetly don't need you to coach me about the fastlane, nor should you be coaching anyone else about the fastlane until you're doing it yourself.

Well, I had a nice phone convo with IceCreamKid and proceeded to secure 150k from investors in the last couple days alone. Something I didn't believe I was capable of untill we spoke.

Please for the love of god. If you have million dollar advice on SEO, why not drop 1 percent of it and establish a little social proof? Or you can continue to have people beg for it. Maybe that makes you feel good.

If you dug around this forum long enough you would see that the majority of people are skeptical about SEO because it seemingly violates neCst.

Control! You never know what Google is going to do to change the way the alg's work??? Or do you personally know? Do you have it on good authority?

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Hm just add a poll and start the thread on the INSIDERS when you reach 50 or 100 "yes" votes.

More solutions. Less silly a$$ back n forth bickering. 4 pages wasted.

Nobody knows your magic number of votes you need to hear before you start the thread.

Of course there are interested folks, of course there are nay-sayers. What else is new?

aardvarky

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 18, 2014
Instead of looking at just rankings I'd rather focus on systems, proceedures, and revenue. There's a big difference between just ranking a site VS building up a fastlane business model. Can I take $10,000 and turn it into $500,000? How long will it take and what steps would be required. Anyway, this is kind of my thought process about this type of thread. I'd welcome any suggestions or responses as to what you would like to see.
This sounds good to me. I'd love to see spaxton's process. We're all grown-up boys and girls here - if we think it's not so great, we can choose to ignore it. But why all the bickering pre-flop?

I'm not going to read through the rest of the thread - just want to say I'm very interested. @spaxton1 - show us, por favor? :)

Edis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 4, 2014
Europe
@spaxton1 , ignore the haters. That's a waste of energy and I am surprised that you haven't learned yet. I burned myself few times when trying to please or fight the haters.

I would follow your thread since I almost have no idea about SEO.

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

Contribute and do progress threads all you want...It seems like you have a lot to prove around here now...but don't come in here and within three weeks of joining the forum attack people that have been contributing for years. It's not how you make friends :)

Dude, etiquette...

Start the progress thread already. We're all here to learn and grow. Enlighten us.

Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@IceCreamKid Yawn.
Just because you have a high rep bank on this forum doesn't mean jack. You'll get eaten alive in the real world. According to this post https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/icecreamkid-quit-his-job-this-morning.50550/ You just quit your job last month and still haven't told your mom and dad about it.
Awe crap. :wideyed: now you did it.

Stubbers

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 27, 2014
Borington, Ontario
@IceCreamKid Yawn.

Mate I'm warriored this is turning into a post from another forum! Put some pudding on the table, and chill

Carny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 20, 2013
There is no question that there would be plenty of interest in your progress thread.

THIS thread should be closed or just abandoned before it gets any worse.

@spaxton1 I was on your side up until the comments about @IceCreamKid . Although he could have said it more gently his point was correct. Focus on his last paragraph. I don't know where he's at personally, but I do know he's helped tons of people on this forum, myself included.

You've posted some great threads so far and it looks like you have a lot to offer. I admit though that after reading your first post I was waiting for you to try to sell something. If you aren't just here to sell and you continue to make contributions then people will realize your true intentions. I think we all hope that is the case. If you are trying to sell something then I think it's pretty clear how that will go.

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
So, 4 days after this thread was started nothing really happened. Only arguments and drama.

As someone who's being doing SEO quite a lot I would be more than interested to learn more, heck, if you're not open minded person, you shouldn't be here at all. When you asked if there are people who would be interested have you thought 100% would say "yes, we are" ? Of course not.

But yet, a big % of them show interest. So, there you go! People are interested, not all of them but more than enough! You said you want to provide value, to show what's possible, than why don't you just do it? What's stopping you? I'm not trying to teach or anything here, I'm not a hater. Just start that progress thread already and if it goes well, oh, well the drama and the hate would stop. Don't do it to prove them wrong but to teach those who actually showed you they are interested.

I don't see what's stopping you?! If 3 clients give you negative feedback on your service/product would you shut it down even though you have 50 other who like it? No. It's the same here, except that there's no payment for your knowledge, but that's what you offered. :)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
This thread:

Spain-train-crash.gif

I don't think there's been this much drama since that crazy "I'm going to encourage my daughters to be gold diggers" disaster.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
4 pages. 0 value.

Thread closed.

If someone (not just spaxton) wants to post a progress thread, by all means go ahead and do it. There is no need to ask for permission.

However, if your progress thread isn't actually a progress thread, but instead a covert sales pitch and/or list building opp, it will be shut down.

There was a gal a couple of months ago who thought it would be a great idea to create a Fastlane woman's meetup. Great idea right? I thought so too. Instead it was discovered there was no such meetup at all -- instead she Kiyosakied* everyone -- she was pre-selling women into her coaching program. A big NO NO here at Fastlane, not just because it's tacky, but because your initial premise of contact is based on a falsehood.

It seems the issue some people are having is that they *feel* they are being put into a sales funnel and not actually reading something educational, and something with real contributory intent.

I for one, have enjoyed some of @spaxton1's takes although I must admit I haven't read everything.

You'll get eaten alive in the real world.

The market forces at the forum are the same for the real world. Post value and you are rewarded. Post crap and people don't buy, close browsers, or press back. Here, they just come out with pitchforks and torches.

If you have something to post that is valuable, post it and let the market decide.

POST NOTATION:
*Kiyosakied (verb)
In reference to a particular guru, this is when you attend a conference, seminar, or "workshop" expecting to learn something. However, instead of being educated for the next 6 hours, you are instead groomed, cajoled, and upsold for 6 hours into buying a more expensive seminar while simultaneously being taught to increase your credit card limits so when the opportunity comes by, you will be ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!