The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seems like a tragedy

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Hi everyone in the fastlane community. I am very glad to be a part of this community. I hope you're all having a great day.

Let me introduce myself. I am Jason 22, a good educated computer programmer and a spoiled kid in my mom's view but I was kinda good in my mom's eye while I started working for a company. Yes, I was working for a software company for about 7 months after college. But everyday I spent there I realised the company is not my thing. I tried explaining this to my mom but she won't accept me leaving the company. After I get in touch with a guy named Ash who I know a long time ago, I quit the job from the company and made plan with him to start a new online home services business. But all I know was his name and very little about him. But he seem nice, he had entrepreneurial thought.

Little background about him, he went to college but he never graduated because he doesn't find meaning in education but he is very ignorant about college and doesn't care about anything at all but he had passion. All he say is to be still, start a company and move on to something else, enjoy everything, photography.

To make software for the business, we needed $8700. But as I quitted the job I had no income, from the beginning itself he too had no income because that's how he wanted to be like work when I want mindset. He doesn't have any programming knowledge. So I was the only person to take the responsibility to make the software on my own. Everything was going well, my professor from college volunteered himself to invest in this project. I've putted every effort to make the software, Ash was helpful while I'm stuck at what are the things we need to put on the screen.

As some days went by, he was completely thinking about photography. He never talked about the project, how its going and everything. He went to his place leaving me alone with everything and promised to return in a month but he only came after two months. I am totally disappointed. The professor also money conscious. It seemed like I am trapped. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane I understood and took all the responsibility of choosing to work with them in the first place. So I refused the offer from my professor, I said I am going to work on my own. Ash is using all my things now like he owns it. I am totally lost. I couldn't get rid of this person.

My mom gave up on me. Now I have no money to stay where I am, so I am moving to my mom's home. I feel lost. What should I do now ? I know there is a way out but I am full of fear that I may become a failure and a big burden to my mom. What advice would you give me ? Thank you very much for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Hi everyone in the fastlane community. I am very glad to be a part of this community. I hope you're all having a great day.

Let me introduce myself. I am Jason 22, a good educated computer programmer and a spoiled kid in my mom's view but I was kinda good in my mom's eye while I started working for a company. Yes, I was working for a software company for about 7 months after college. But everyday I spent there I realised the company is not my thing. I tried explaining this to my mom but she won't accept me leaving the company. After I get in touch with a guy named Ash who I know a long time ago, I quit the job from the company and made plan with him to start a new online home services business. But all I know was his name and very little about him. But he seem nice, he had entrepreneurial thought.

Little background about him, he went to college but he never graduated because he doesn't find meaning in education but he is very ignorant about college and doesn't care about anything at all but he had passion. All he say is to be still, start a company and move on to something else, enjoy everything, photography.

To make software for the business, we needed $8700. But as I quitted the job I had no income, from the beginning itself he too had no income because that's how he wanted to be like work when I want mindset. He doesn't have any programming knowledge. So I was the only person to take the responsibility to make the software on my own. Everything was going well, my professor from college volunteered himself to invest in this project. I've putted every effort to make the software, Ash was helpful while I'm stuck at what are the things we need to put on the screen.

As some days went by, he was completely thinking about photography. He never talked about the project, how its going and everything. He went to his place leaving me alone with everything and promised to return in a month but he only came after two months. I am totally disappointed. The professor also money conscious. It seemed like I am trapped. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane I understood and took all the responsibility of choosing to work with them in the first place. So I refused the offer from my professor, I said I am going to work on my own. Ash is using all my things now like he owns it. I am totally lost. I couldn't get rid of this person.

My mom gave up on me. Now I have no money to stay where I am, so I am moving to my mom's home. I feel lost. What should I do now ? I know there is a way out but I am full of fear that I may become a failure and a big burden to my mom. What advice would you give me ? Thank you very much for reading.

You did a good thing by posting here, though I am not fully sure after reading your post what is going on!

Let your fear drive you to make a better life for yourself, and quit worrying about what your mom will think/say.

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
You did a good thing by posting here, though I am not fully sure after reading your post what is going on!

Let your fear drive you to make a better life for yourself, and quit worrying about what your mom will think/say.

Thank you very much for the reply. Its like I've chosen the wrong person to work with who have no real interest in what I am trying to accomplish.

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Thank you very much for the reply. Its like I've chosen the wrong person to work with who have no real interest in what I am trying to accomplish.

Maybe you don't need to work with anyone else. My mentor has always told me 1+1 should equal 100 when doing partnerships. In other words, only partner with someone who brings exponential value to the partnership.

Many people will want to partner up because they don't want to do the work, they like your ideas, etc. Im of the opinion that YOU need to start building your own business and life before you think about taking on a partner. Nobody will care about your success as much as YOU

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Maybe you don't need to work with anyone else. My mentor has always told me 1+1 should equal 100 when doing partnerships. In other words, only partner with someone who brings exponential value to the partnership.

Many people will want to partner up because they don't want to do the work, they like your ideas, etc. Im of the opinion that YOU need to start building your own business and life before you think about taking on a partner. Nobody will care about your success as much as YOU

Yeah you're right. I really accept your opinion. I too felt like that. But now your words really hit me in the face to wake up from this need for someone to support. I have the courage to move on my own but still have an insecurity that I will fail without someone to help. Maybe I should work on it and face it to overcome this fear.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
If you're a software developer, I'm confused why you need $8700 to make the software.

Whatever the reason, it seems better to find customers who are willing to pay for the solution BEFORE spending any time or money building the solution.

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
If you're a software developer, I'm confused why you need $8700 to make the software.

Whatever the reason, it seems better to find customers who are willing to pay for the solution BEFORE spending any time or money building the solution.
Thanks for your response. Yeah you're right. Actually I have to build 3 apps for different purposes on different platforms which I have only little knowledge about programming in those platforms. At beginning time outsourcing the project to someone seemed like a good idea. I had no knowledge about entrepreneurship and business, people and everything in general at that time. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I understood what you're saying right now. You're right. But the software part seemed like a big part because I am the only person to develop it I have no idea about what are things needed in it and the way it going to work. That's why I put that money details in the first place. After the reply from @Wiggly0607 I realised bobody will care about my success as much as I do. Slowly learning about entrepreneurship. I hope I know about this community earlier.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
If you burn the boats without any entrepreneurial experience you will face poverty, depression, fear, anger, failure for many years. Its the hard path
If you can, try to get a stable job and make a side hustle until it takes off to replave your job. This is, if you can get a job.

Also fire your partner. He doesnt help at all.

D

Deleted50669

Never leave a job until you have another source of income, or another job lined up.

You need to start with a problem, not with a process. Software development is just a means to an end. The end is a built solution. Unless you have a profitable end, forget the process.

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Should I continue working on my business or should I join a job then and work on my business on the sides ?

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
I realised bobody will care about my success as much as I do. Slowly learning about entrepreneurship. I hope I know about this community earlier.

Don't worry about the past, it's already gone. Today is a new day, and you can reinvent yourself however you wish. That drive to succeed is important, and you need to be able to count on yourself. Other people (these forums, for example) can motivate you and push you, but you need to build your skills and confidence to the point that you KNOW success is going to happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...