The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Feedback on a Coffee-tasting "Experience"

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Hello friends,

I'm curious to get some feedback on an idea that I had a few months ago and dismissed as too risky.

I work at a winery. The idea is to essentially apply the idea of a winery (from the tourist/novelty/wine tasting perspective) to the coffee industry.

There are a lot of coffee enthusiasts out there. There's a LOT of them in the Bay Area, too (where I live). Do you think it would be feasible to design an experience similar to wine tasting for coffee?

Basically, you'd come into the store, which would be half storefront, half production facility. You could taste different blends of coffee, tour the coffee grinders and roasters, see where coffee grounds are stored, etc. It would essentially be a tour of the production facility, accompanied by a tasting. Like a high-end coffee experience.

The nice thing about it is that it isn't location dependent like many wineries. Coffee beans aren't grown in the US, so we would focus more on sourcing from sustainable growers, helping small villages, etc.

That's about as far as I've gotten in the thought process. What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.