The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking advice - IG CONTEST Marketing Plan

Marketing, social media, advertising

evgeney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 11, 2018
Greetings!

Entry level fast laner here! That or I'm mid-shift from the slow lane to the fast lane.

Onto the point- I have a new client who has requested the services of my newly founded digital agency, this particular client aside from requesting the usual Website, E-comm Solution, Social Media marketing, is requesting something unique, something I'm not so sure is a great idea on IG but appears that is already set in stone.

This client would like to host a competition contest like game on a brand new IG account which is based on clients creating a fashion product and then sharing it on IG via the companies hashtag. Then the audience may vote and the product creation which received the most votes is then moved on to the next round. Votes are received in the currency of likes*****

Now here is my concern, likes can be manipulated, likes can be bought. data can be biased and this can backfire. This is something new to me and I am wondering if anyone has any idea on the best way to execute this plan.

Thank you in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I don’t think this would work well on a new ig account.
You’re asking for too much. Create a product, share that product using a hashtag? The number of people who would do those two things from a large accounts audience would be slim expecting many people to do that for a new account is expecting too much. On top of all that you need a statistically relevant number of people to vote by liking to make the data mean anything. This has fail written all over it.

I would advise them to wait until they have xx,xxx followers to do this. Just as a arbitrary number to push this off until the future

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.