The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Screensaver app regulations

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Are there any screensaver app regulations on either the Android or the iOS? I tried searching online without finding any answer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
I have an app idea which is to make a screensaver which is comprised solely of advertisements. And also involves a profit sharing model with the owner (me) and the user ( the downloader) paid for by the advertiser.

I am aware the Apple has the regulation that "Apps that are primarily marketing materials or advertisements will be rejected" .

The main concern is since my app is primarily composed of advertisements, is there a workaround this regulation by adding in another feature?

Cheers

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Without sound and there's a profit sharing mechanism which incentivizes the consumer because they get paid monthly for downloading for keeping the app. So there's a passive income opportunity.

Wondering if Apple will allow this (as I mentioned above I don't think they will). If not would appreciate insights on how to workaround this by perhaps adding other features.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Hmmmmm, for this idea I don't intend people to click on the ads. More like impression. As they're working and their phone is on the desk they might glance at it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
yes, thats right.

As you are aware, many advertisers pay for ads in games mostly for impressions.

Something else from the iOS list "Apps that are designed predominantly for the display of ads will be rejected"

Also, "They have a term for it, click fraud..." locket an app that pays people when the unlock their phone...they see an add on their lock screen. Which means its allowed on playstore. it's not on the Apple store though.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.