The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

screen names! LOL!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
what do some of yours mean??? the only reason i ask and I am soo sorry to say this but......

I had no idea kyjoe was from kentucky!!! LMFAO! I thought he was some kind of a perv LMAO!

Im so sorry joe!!! i saw a post of yours in the car thread and i finally saw you were from kentucky!!! i think i laughed for about 20 minuntes over that!(hey im tired! damn books keep me up all night!)

So please before this goes any further explain your screen names!!!

mines easy...

my first name is carrie and my last name begins with a W. creative hugh...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
Erik = first name
V10 = 5.0L V10 Gallardo engine

This is basically the only screen name that I use.. just so I don't forget! ;)

You can find me in a lot of exotic car and business forums!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Redshift -- In physics, the reddening of light sent out by an object that is moving away from an observer.

Redshift -- In astronomy, the systematic displacement of individual lines in the spectrum of a celestial object toward the red, or longer wavelength, end of the visible spectrum.

Basically, I am a gear head and love speed. The name comes from an object moving away from you at a high rate of speed it appears red, much like the doppler effect. Basically the term is for shooting stars. The ones that appear red are moving away from earth and the ones that appear blue are "blueshifted", coming towards earth.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yankees = My life/favorite baseball team.
33 = Patrick Ewing's #...he was my favorite basketball player when I made this sn.
8 = Latrell Sprewell's #...he was another favorite player of mine.

I had to be fair to my two favorite teams: the Yankees got their name in my sn and the Knicks got their players' numbers.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Here in fastlane forums...JesseO is same as CarrieW. On Richdad and almost anything else I'm known as Jesster84 because I turn almost anything into a joke, and that's the year I was born. I'm a natural joker, even when it isn't appropriate...go figure.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
My screen name comes from my racing days. Wanna runum?:cheers:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Nickname/ Alias that most know or call me by. given to me a few years ago

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I find it more fun to let people guess what my screen name means. It isn't that hard to figure out :smxB:

I'll just sit here and wait...:coffee:

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Everytime I make a trade I make sure I know what my "Edge" is that should make it successful.

The needed "edge" could be technical analysis, fundamental analysis, fear based volatility, statistical based probability, etc. I think too many people just throw money at the market and/or diversify. Who knows, maybe diversification is their edge. If it is, I don't think it is fastlane. To me, having an edge is the opposite of diversification.

This doesn't just apply to trading, I think the successful people here all had an edge. The apt complex folks and storage unit investors found an edge in what they were doing. Their edge was finding value and how to control the value. Their edge wasn't going to loopnet or the MLS, offering 5% below the asking price and hoping that the market goes up before they run out of money.

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
Everytime I make a trade I make sure I know what my "Edge" is that should make it successful.

The needed "edge" could be technical analysis, fundamental analysis, fear based volatility, statistical based probability, etc. I think too many people just throw money at the market and/or diversify. Who knows, maybe diversification is their edge. If it is, I don't think it is fastlane. To me, having an edge is the opposite of diversification.

This doesn't just apply to trading, I think the successful people here all had an edge. The apt complex folks and storage unit investors found an edge in what they were doing. Their edge was finding value and how to control the value. Their edge wasn't going to loopnet or the MLS, offering 5% below the asking price and hoping that the market goes up before they run out of money.

Hey, that's the name of my parents steel company. EDGE Scaffoldings :smx19:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
AroundTheWorld - because in another couple of years we will load up the kids and go.... Around The World!! :smx2:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
SteveO.... Short for Steve Olafson... not to be confused with any Jackass characters... :rofl:

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Reading all these is very interesting.

One day I woke up and asked myself, how did I get here? I found hope in this

...old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

So it's a reminder for me of hope for a better future. I can make better choices.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Bilgefisher: Harks back to my Navy days on a submarine. I had the watch in the lower level of the engine room. Right below me was the bilge. On occasion the bilge pumps would break and the bilge would fill up. When you stand over 700 hours of watch per run, you find ways to entertain yourself. Sword battles with the evil pipe monster(3 stitches to show as my battle scars), diving for bilge gnomes(elusive little bastards), and of course bilge fishing. A buddy of mine use to throw little foam fish in the bilge to spice things up.

The name kinda has symbolic meaning for me now. It reminds me of where I have been and that I can make things better no matter my surroundings. The name kinda stuck and most people online just refer to me as Bilge.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Bilgefisher: Harks back to my Navy days on a submarine. I had the watch in the lower level of the engine room. Right below me was the bilge. On occasion the bilge pumps would break and the bilge would fill up. When you stand over 700 hours of watch per run, you find ways to entertain yourself. Sword battles with the evil pipe monster(3 stitches to show as my battle scars), diving for bilge gnomes(elusive little bastards), and of course bilge fishing. A buddy of mine use to throw little foam fish in the bilge to spice things up.

The name kinda has symbolic meaning for me now. It reminds me of where I have been and that I can make things better no matter my surroundings. The name kinda stuck and most people online just refer to me as Bilge.

Love this story!!

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
thecoach - I started coaching baseball when I was 16 and when I was growing up I knew a lot of Chris's since it's a common name. I would joke around with people to just refer to me as coach, that's what the kids always just call me at baseball like I don't have a real first name anyway. When I started promoting concerts it became kind of a stage name becuase people would introduce me as thecoach becuase I promoted shows on music forums and that was my sn, so everyone just started calling me thecoach and I started introducing myself as Coach to people. It's easier to remember a name like Coach rather than Chris. Some people to this day don't even know my real name, it's kind of funny. Some of my clients introduce me in business settings as Coach ("This is Coach, he's my financial guy I was telling you about"). One friend was absoltely baffled when she heard me tell someone my name was Chris....in the 3 years I had known her she thought my parents just gave me a cool name. I get confused sometimes on how I should introduce myself...haha

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
(looking to be found) I feel like I'm a diamond in the ruff just waiting for someone to find me and polish me up !!!

I had not figured out the first part, but I certainly had the "bfd" wrong. :smx4:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
My name is Janet and I love to travel so nomadjanet.

Some places I use freezinhan which is a phonetic spelling of my very German last name which people never know ho to pronounce.

Janet

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Mine had very little thought. Years ago when setting a yahoo fantasy idea, my brother said Luke.....what do you want your id to be? I replied, I don't know? He said ummmm 12321. Just easy to remember to this day haha

1320Trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Car thing....

KOdoubleUR = KOWR = Knock On Wood Racing

lkn2bfd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 22, 2007
Birmingham,Al
I had not figured out the first part, but I certainly had the "bfd" wrong. :smx4:
Yeah looking to be feed right I thought about that 30 mins after I joined. Thought about starting a post saying that so no one would think that I was a bum just looking to freeload but figured someone would ask eventually !!!

RE Taipan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 28, 2007
Balboa Island, CA
The name is just used here...other screen names have a variation which includes "Taipan" as a component of the name.

RE = Real Estate -- I firmly believe that real estate (and more specifically, apartment buildings) is a genuine fast lane to sustainable wealth. Clearly, it is by no means the only route to take, but it definitely appears from this vantage point to be one of the easiest, surest and fastest ways out of the rat race and to the promised land....plus if done right, you get to help others improve their lives by giving them a safer, nicer and better place to live in that they can be proud to call their home...and what's not incredibly cool about being able to do that?

Taipan = as below

As I have discussed in a couple of my other posts, a prior business involved some high liability exposure business operations. That business was international trading and logistics. Had offices domestically as well as offshore in Hong Kong. Prior to my first trip to HK, the staff there sent me James Clavell's Noble House as a "primer" on modern HK. Upon my return, the faxes I would receive from the HK office always referred to me as Taipan. For those who are not familiar, the term Taipan, or more properly "Tai-pan," is a Cantonese word which loosely translates into a foreigner who is the chief executive of a corporation that does business in China and a wealthy leader or tycoon. After seeing it on the faxes, my group here in the US picked up on it.

The plan is for Chewsie and myself to create a business which is involved in, among other things, creating strategic alliances for the short term acquisition, improvement, operation and sale of apartment buildings where qualified 3rd party companies handle the actual day-to-day management of the properties. This leaves HQ to manage the managers and the time focus on looking for the next project and/or opportunity (Read: Rinse-Repeat, Rinse-Repeat). This operation is well into the initial stage now.

Hence the name, RE Taipan

Even though doing business in Hong Kong or China is not on the radar screen at present, it similarly was not when the trading and logistics business was begun either. But by being confident enough to believe in myself and my decisions, the HK operation provided a great adventure and proved to be quite profitable for the business. From that experience, I've learned not to automatically exclude anything from the realm of possibilities or opportunity. Besides --- I've promised someone that I'd take him to Hong Kong and to the Great Wall....and letting the little guy down is simply not an option.

I've used "Taipan" in just about every iteration of online names I've created since my first one for, like Bilgefisher (albeit from a different centric), the "Tai-pan" reference serves as a constant motivator and reminder to me of where I have been and just what I am capable of doing.

Thank you. :smxF:

Last edited:

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I've been using mine since 1999, when I first needed an online ID. I was signing up for "Napster" (the old one, underground music sharing network).

My first name is Jon and I liked the blues legend Jon Lee Hooker, and since I was a geek and computer programmer I changed it to Jonleehacker.

I once had a hosting company refuse to let me sign up for an account because I had jonleehacker in my email address. They definitely needed to take a couple sense of humor tablets. :)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Bump for the new folks.

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
My name is a combo:

Tai Chi - A form of martial arts based on harmonic movements to harness and channel energy (Chi). Represents me trying to harness my energies for success, health, and wisdom.

Jedi - Pretty obvious, but it also has a double meaning as a Jedi's most powerful weapon wasn't the lightsaber, but the MIND. By training the mind, all things were achievable. I like to remember that and apply it to all of my endeavors.

And there you have it, Taichijedi!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.