The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling My Investment Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Npard23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 8, 2014
San Francisco
My goal is get my investment practice off the ground and monetize my research and trading abilities in a scalable fastlane model. In the long run, the goal is to run my own hedge fund based on my strategies, but my age and my limited track record (investors don't care about track record when you have less than $5-10million under management; which I have some savings, but less than $100k) means I will have to wait on that for the time being. Also, I plan on scaling investors from the following I build with my newsletter and private advisory services.

The first part of my business to build a subscriber base for my research newsletter, The Pardini Report. This subscription (at $299 a year/$40 a month which is an intro discount for first 100 customers) includes my real time trade updates along with hedge fund quality research every week. I have 13 subscribers now, but that will need to increase drastically to make this a viable business. I plan on doing this by hiring online marketing affiliates that will focus on promoting this along with increasing my awareness through media appearances, guest posting, and the growth of my Youtube channel. I will probably be asking this forum about ways to drive traffic in my niche (solo ads cater to IM/MLM market), increase the conversion rate of my site (still too low to make PPC profitable), and improve the way I reach out to my opt-in mailing list (200 people currently).

The second level is customized investment consulting to institutional investors and high net worth individuals. What I (and associates I plan on hiring as this grows) offer is a package of services that range from customized trade ideas depending on risk preferences, macroeconomic analysis, portfolio reviews, and other related advisory items. I have two clients currently with this and have hired an full time salesman and team of summer interns to work on driving new clients to this business for compensation of a 20% payout of revenues he drives in.

As I gain more credibility with my institutional clients and Pardini Report subscribers, then I will work to raise money for my fund and hire staff to handle the rest of the services, so I can achieve my goal of managing money full time for a living.

I wrote this progress thread as a way to keep myself accountable I have made some money (up from zero as recently as three months ago), but still have a lot room I need grow before I hit the Fastlane. Hopefully the advice and connections I make from the Fastlane forum help accelerate the process. The sales and marketing end has been the biggest problem for me. My product ads value, I just need to have prospective customers find out about me, and improve my ability to close existing leads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.