I suck at multi-tasking. I can do it, but I always feel too discombobulated.
I have lots of friends who brag about how well they can multi-task, but y'know what?
I can tell when they're doing it when I'm on the phone w/them.
They're just not "engaged" in the conversation. More like they're monitoring it.
I'll even say things like "Hey, I heard that your gf slept with your granmother, that's pretty cool!", and they'll mumble something like, "Yeah, it was great".
They respond to emotion/inflection, but don't really listen to what is being said.
Here's a pc on "Singletasking":
A Case for Singletasking: The One-Task-At-a-Time Method
Says pretty much the same thing.
My favorite multi-tasking thing is driving and getting biz done on the cell phone. But I have to be VERY careful-- have you ever been at home, talking to someone who was driving? They have all the time in the world, so they can go on and on and on . . .
How about you? Do you love to multi-task? Do you feel you honestly can be as good at doing both things at the same time, or do you knowingly "give up" 50% of your concentration for each activity?
-Russ H.
I have lots of friends who brag about how well they can multi-task, but y'know what?
I can tell when they're doing it when I'm on the phone w/them.
They're just not "engaged" in the conversation. More like they're monitoring it.
I'll even say things like "Hey, I heard that your gf slept with your granmother, that's pretty cool!", and they'll mumble something like, "Yeah, it was great".
They respond to emotion/inflection, but don't really listen to what is being said.
Here's a pc on "Singletasking":
A Case for Singletasking: The One-Task-At-a-Time Method
Says pretty much the same thing.
My favorite multi-tasking thing is driving and getting biz done on the cell phone. But I have to be VERY careful-- have you ever been at home, talking to someone who was driving? They have all the time in the world, so they can go on and on and on . . .
How about you? Do you love to multi-task? Do you feel you honestly can be as good at doing both things at the same time, or do you knowingly "give up" 50% of your concentration for each activity?
-Russ H.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
