I was doing some inner reflection, and noticed that I was feeling overwhelmed by the Fastlane journey. I hope my inner process can help beginners like me who are feeling similarly.
My inner process went something like this:
"Oh shit. I haven't even sold one product. How will I ever have complete time freedom like the successful entrepreneurs on this forum?"
LOL. Going from "0" to "complete freedom" in a matter of two seconds in my own mind...now there's a great way to make myself feel overwhelmed!
So, I took a step back and recognized my black and white thinking, which was that I was thinking in terms of all or nothing. Then, after becoming aware of my thought process, I was able to replace it with something more useful. Something that will keep myself motivated instead of overwhelmed by the enormity of it all.
Even if I don't have immediate time freedom, wouldn't it still be nice to be able to have one more day of time freedom than I have now? Of course.
If I can make one more day happen, then I can get to work on the second day, and so on. It's a process, like the books state, not an all-at-once event.
I like thinking in terms of very small steps because this is all so new to me. In the books, MJ shares about the magic show he tried to put on as a kid. Even if the event wasn't a "success," his entrepreneurial mind was already in existence and developing. I've been so focused on other things in life until reading The Millionaire Fastlane just a few months ago, that this is all absolutely new to me.
Thinking in terms of "one day of time freedom while adding value to the lives of others is better than zero days!" helps me stay focused and grounded. For me, when I think of it in terms of small steps and "starter goals," it helps me execute the process without feeling overwhelmed.
I'd love to hear from other newbies about what keeps you moving when the end goal seems to be a moon's leap away. It'd also be great to hear from the seasoned veterans-- when you were at ground zero in the process, what helped you continue to execute even when the end goal of gaining time freedom seemed so far away?
My inner process went something like this:
"Oh shit. I haven't even sold one product. How will I ever have complete time freedom like the successful entrepreneurs on this forum?"
LOL. Going from "0" to "complete freedom" in a matter of two seconds in my own mind...now there's a great way to make myself feel overwhelmed!
So, I took a step back and recognized my black and white thinking, which was that I was thinking in terms of all or nothing. Then, after becoming aware of my thought process, I was able to replace it with something more useful. Something that will keep myself motivated instead of overwhelmed by the enormity of it all.
Even if I don't have immediate time freedom, wouldn't it still be nice to be able to have one more day of time freedom than I have now? Of course.
If I can make one more day happen, then I can get to work on the second day, and so on. It's a process, like the books state, not an all-at-once event.
I like thinking in terms of very small steps because this is all so new to me. In the books, MJ shares about the magic show he tried to put on as a kid. Even if the event wasn't a "success," his entrepreneurial mind was already in existence and developing. I've been so focused on other things in life until reading The Millionaire Fastlane just a few months ago, that this is all absolutely new to me.
Thinking in terms of "one day of time freedom while adding value to the lives of others is better than zero days!" helps me stay focused and grounded. For me, when I think of it in terms of small steps and "starter goals," it helps me execute the process without feeling overwhelmed.
I'd love to hear from other newbies about what keeps you moving when the end goal seems to be a moon's leap away. It'd also be great to hear from the seasoned veterans-- when you were at ground zero in the process, what helped you continue to execute even when the end goal of gaining time freedom seemed so far away?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

