The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ROI website tools

Marketing, social media, advertising

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I am currently doing research on how to calculate ROI for a website that will generate revenue off of advertisements as well as e-commerce and digital downloads.

Is Google Analytics sufficient, or what other tools are worth the price of integrating into the website?

Since some of the revenue is off ads, as well as selling products this will make the calculation more complex I believe.

I'm looking to calculate things like lifetime customer value, average profit per transaction, leads generated (from marketing), conversion rate, break even point.

The most important aspect up front would be the Return on Marketing Investment which I've read Google Analytics is sufficient for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
I am currently doing research on how to calculate ROI for a website that will generate revenue off of advertisements as well as e-commerce and digital downloads.

Is Google Analytics sufficient, or what other tools are worth the price of integrating into the website?

Since some of the revenue is off ads, as well as selling products this will make the calculation more complex I believe.

I'm looking to calculate things like lifetime customer value, average profit per transaction, leads generated (from marketing), conversion rate, break even point.

The most important aspect up front would be the Return on Marketing Investment which I've read Google Analytics is sufficient for.
I'm a finance/excel guy, so maybe my answer isn't ideal for all people, but nothing beats a good excel model. I build out all my income statements, and analysis tools in excel and then just update the numbers on a monthly basis.

Most of my expenses are consistent so they are easy to track on a monthly basis, and then I just add in revenue from adsense, youtube, amazon, product sales, etc. at the end of every month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.