The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Robert Kiyosaki's Conspiracy Of The Rich

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Wow, I followed the link-- RK on youtube, a new website, posting an e-book, farming email addies, encouraging online discussions . . .

Hey guys, is this the same RK we met 2 years ago, who said anyone that spent time on the internet was a "f*cking loser"?

Did RK change his mind?

Or are "f*cking losers" RK's new market niche?

Only RK knows for sure.

But I look forward to finding out which it is.

-Russ H.

• Banned

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Wow, I followed the link-- RK on youtube, a new website, posting an e-book, farming email addies, encouraging online discussions . . .

Hey guys, is this the same RK we met 2 years ago, who said anyone that spent time on the internet was a "f*cking loser"?

Did RK change his mind?

Or are "f*cking losers" RK's new market niche?

Only RK knows for sure.

But I look forward to finding out which it is.

-Russ H.

/* mobb voice */ I am going to keep this short and simple.

Are you sure he said this or are you just blowing steam? You sound like one of the Yahoo posters who troll his articles calling him Bob and bashing his ideas because you read the John T. Reed propaganda bologna and never got further than his first book, pending you read the first book at all.

I am not going to venture into that arena and say you are one of those persons in that narrow minded crowd but, I would like to see some evidence validating your alleged claim.

Evidence is a plus because I have read each of his books at least 2 times and RDPD through Retire Young and Retire Rich upwards of 4 times. Yes 4 times! I have read each book he has personally written at least twice and I can intimately remember him preaching that using the Internet as Leverage is going to be how Entrepreneurs acquire wealth in the Information Age economic era.

He was talking about these things in the Cash Flow Quadrant and I believe that is a 1999 book.

I also have Increase Your Financial IQ which is his latest book on hand and can quote him saying that "There is no longer physical boundaries to wealth. In the Agrarian Age it took land. In the Industrial Age it took manufacturing plants, vasts amount of financial capital and massive organizations of human labor. But, in the Information Age, there is no limit to what you can make and that wealth can be created in the comfort of your own home because the internet is the ultimate form of leverage."

That is not the exact wording, but even in his Adviser books his advisers suggest a home based internet business for ease of conducting trade and establishing strong systems.

I also have well over 40 seminars I have DL'd through torrents he has held and he makes reference to the "Information Age" and using the computer as leverage all the time.

Consistently he has said time and time again even in his Yahoo articles that the computer is an Entrepreneurs best friend. And I agree with him that it is because I can generate enough eager and willing clients in a day to hold me over for a month and my small network of experimental, home brew sites are basic CSS and an HTML table with an opt-in script and snazzy pitch with traffic I generate from Youtube, Twitter, and Craigslist. LoL. I have not taken it any further than that because I know if I do, I am veering off the wrong track as my ultimate goals are to use unlimited OPT and unlimited OPM. This will eventually happen for me also and digital will be my product component and the internet will be my main communication component. Print, media, and all else to the side.

I do not want to sound like a RK cheer leader but most of what he says is usually pretty consistent, and I know for a fact that I have never seen him say this. Most of what he says is from the same mindframe and very repetitious. The books are very repetitious as he is employing the Auto Suggestion principle to get those interested in this material to internalize it in their Sub Consciousness.

Anyway, you are talking to somebody that has to tribute a great portion of their success to RK. If not for having began reading his books when I was younger, I would probably be another brainless 20 year old working at Burger King in the E Quadrant.

I can still see to this day the beliefs acquired from growing up in a family deeply rooted IN the E Quadrant, how detrimental it was to my development because I have found I am naturally an Entrepreneur at heart. His books opened up my mind to what is possible and now I have a tremendous thirst for Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Learning, and Reading literature from classical philosophers to studying subjects like sociology and ancient civilizations.

I have at least used his advice enough to where I have been fortunate enough to have built an S Quadrant business which allowed me to park my money in Real-Assets that have allowed me to generate consistent I Quadrant income for going on 3 years now. Also, because of the economic downturn, I decided to revisit and expand my vending operation as my machines are indeed appreciating in value on the objective side and most importantly: on the subjective side in the future purchaser of this Asset's mind. Plus this system is providing me more than desirabe cashflow. I went a head and recently formed an LLC out of Florida and these machines are now buying me bi-weekly hourly sessions with a Corporate Attorney and Corporate Accountant which I used the RK material as a base to hand pick. I interviewed over 20 different candidates putting them on notice that they would have to meet Bryan's strict standards and guide lines and would have to provide a free non-incentive 30 minute interview. With me asking them questions such as: "What kind of investors and business people do you deal with? Do they have an organization with employees or are they small business sole proprietors?" or "What kind of investments do you personally invested in? Are you tied up in mutual funds or are you investing in income producing real estate and the like."

Out of the 20 from each camp, I found on average 3 good advisers who knew their stuff. More importantly, I found an adviser who knows the tax code like the back of their hand and how it relates to constructing, packaging, and distributing the system of production.

So needless to say if not for an RK book travelling my way when I was 15 I would not be becoming a social architect building Assets and helping solve our society's main problem of artificial scarcity while using the TAGR 13 principles for success! Instead of working at Burger King in somebody elses preconstructed and created production system. Like the rest of the kids in my neighbor hood or a big corporate conglomerate like Walmart where they encourage the social safty nets that the E quadrant and S quadrant have coveted for 8 plus decades, I am the small time mid 5 digit networth Entrepreneur who will be one of the ones to ultimately pull our economy out of cataclysmic depression due to my insatiable hunger to find my own personal mission and acquire wealth from satisfying the needs of the yuppies and providing them with the infrastructure of fiscal security through employment. :smug2:

<!--- end psychotic mobb rant in a mobb voice --->

CLICK HERE FOR A FUNNY PICTURE!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Actually Bryan. You need to make sure of your history before speaking. Russ and several others on this forum had a personal negative face to face experience with RK at one of the Phoenix gatherings about 2 years ago. I don't think it was taped but there were plenty of witnesses. That action and the big "C" word being over used on RDPD forums led to the creation of this site. Most of the core contributors to the RD forum migrated to this forum and we are where we are today. What Russ said is true.

Also, if it weren't true, there would no need for this thread.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...-did-you-find-your-way-fastlane-millions.html

Read where most of the people say they came from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I really don't think Russ was bashing the guy outright...a little sarcasm maybe? He's also not the type of person to troll others' comments and take them as fact. Looking at it from another point of view, what evidence is there to refute Russ's statement of what RK said? Not that it really matters; just trying to be objective.

Perhaps the comment Russ quoted was in a different context from what is quoted in your citation...spending time on the internet v.s building leverage on it?

Anyway, thanks for the videos

-John

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Bryan ~

I understand your emphatic defense of RK and his materials. I don't think anyone here will deny the veracity of his teachings for the most part. It's pretty good stuff and has obviously made a positive impact on your life, as well as the life of others. Some of it is excellent.

I don't think even Russ would disagree with that. I do think that Russ was more amused by the irony (hypocracy?) of RK's using the internet to grow his business, after personally being subjected to, (live and in person), the above-mentioned rant by RK. But I'm sure he'll pop in later to explain.

• Banned

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
In all honesty, I didn't know. Just I do know that I have read all the books, and he mentions the computer as being used a great source for communication. And it is! But, hey Face-To-Face... I can't really reply to that as it is a different paradigm than computer-to-computer. The main problem I had with his post was basically it is contradictory to all of the exposure I have had to the actual Kiyosaki material and to top it off he called him Bob. Russ' message was perceived in the same light as the Yahoo reader's messages. I do have to admit I chuckle at it now if Kiyosaki DID in fact bash the computer and then say to Russ' face that anybody on the internet is a loser. LoL. I chuckle because the man makes such good material in print, THEN says that to a customer. If it is true, it is sad... but hey it's just another day in a dually perceived world. One end you see nothing but chaos. The other end you see the beauty of it and the magnificence. So needless to say, I did perceive it in the wrong context. If it was a more personalized post and not like all the other anti-kiyosakism, I may have with held and restrained myself. Other than that, I am very open and will say just about anything if I strongly believe in it.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I was there, and what Russ said happened, did happen.

Worst of all, most of it was directed at Russ.

At the time, he was one of the RD moderators, too.

'Nuff said, RK can be a bit abrasive in person.

But nobody, including Russ, will argue that his teachings aren't 'da bomb.

• Banned

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
LoL. Talk about willfully volunteering yourself for criticism from the people in the know. I am sorry to hear that all of this happened.

/* back to topic */

WHAT do you guys think of the book though? The ideas and what not. I posted it because it looks interesting! I posted it because it's a new book and something we all may be able to learn from and prosper. Close to ten posts and not one comment on the actual book and the material.

Only our personal views of the guy behind the book. Okay I agree that Kiyosaki is not god, but I don't see how you couldn't have read the books at some point in your life and were like wow these are really good books.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bryan-

If you read some of the past posts on these forums you'll see many of us are HUGE RK supporters-- myself included.

Bflbob is correct-- when RK yelled at all of us (and me in particular), telling us to "Shut the f*ck up!" and listen to him, and that all people who used the internet were "f*cking losers"-- I happened to be a moderator on the RichDad forums.

I spent a lot of my time there.

I had also been one of the primary organizers of the event that was being hosted by richdad HQ.

So what was RK saying about me?

I, too, have found RK's books and learning materials invaluable. Playing the cashflow game changed my life, in many good ways.

I really carried the banner for the guy-- I was a HUGE supporter of his.

So you can imagine my shock when someone whom I considered a mentor basically told me (and all those around me) that we were "f*cking losers".

It hurt.

And to this day, I don't feel it's true.

But RK is entitled to his own opinion.

-Russ H.

PS BTW, you might want to recheck your facts-- I did not refer to RK as "Bob" in this thread. Although that *is* what many of his friends (some of whom I've met, over the years) call him.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Well, RK has obviously done his market research -- Because what is one of the most important topics on the Internet? Conspiracy theories!!!

What are some of the most popular books that have made the best seller list in the past couple years? Conspiracy novels!!! (Davinci Code, Last Templar, Angels & Demons, etc etc)...

What a genius concept to sell a book on getting rich, but pitched as a conspiracy novel. I only wish I had thought of it first!

- Hakrjak

p.s.

Yes I've heard too that RK can act like a real a-hole in person, but then again -- So can many of us. Shouldn't change your opinion about his work too much.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Bryan-

If you read some of the past posts on these forums you'll see many of us are HUGE RK supporters-- myself included.

Bflbob is correct-- when RK yelled at all of us (and me in particular), telling us to "Shut the f*ck up!" and listen to him, and that all people who used the internet were "f*cking losers"-- I happened to be a moderator on the RichDad forums.

I spent a lot of my time there.

I had also been one of the primary organizers of the event that was being hosted by richdad HQ.

So what was RK saying about me?

I, too, have found RK's books and learning materials invaluable. Playing the cashflow game changed my life, in many good ways.

I really carried the banner for the guy-- I was a HUGE supporter of his.

So you can imagine my shock when someone whom I considered a mentor basically told me (and all those around me) that we were "f*cking losers".

It hurt.

And to this day, I don't feel it's true.

But RK is entitled to his own opinion.

-Russ H.

PS BTW, you might want to recheck your facts-- I did not refer to RK as "Bob" in this thread. Although that *is* what many of his friends (some of whom I've met, over the years) call him.

Bob is just as presentable as Robert. I don't really think it matters. RK BK ... Does it really matter at the end of the day? Call him Bruce Willis for all I care. LoL. :thumbsup:

I really just wanted a solid open discussion of the book.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
RK knows his stuff.

He is also a great marketer. Good idea with the conspiracy twist. With our the state of our economy, this will grab a lot of attention.

Honestly Bryan that's the only opinion I have of it so far. I started out as a hardcore RK fan. It was RPD that first started me on my own quest to get out of the rat race. I am a also a huge fan of N. Hill.

But our perspectives are slightly different in that when I saw the repetitive content in his books, I didn't think auto-suggestion, I thought, 'what a great way to fill out and space out content in a book or throughout many books (a lot of the same content gets carried over into other books)'.

To sum it up, He has great content, so I'd like to see more of the substance and not the fluff, but he is a brilliant marketer and salesman.

I guess you could call me a cynic at heart, but I give credit to him for being the smart one to market the way he does.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Relax people. The he said, she said bs is swallowing a good discussion here.

There is merit in discussing the new method of entry by RichDad.

Robert is NOT a great marketer. He has a great marketing team. If that were the case, he would have never treated potential consumers/verbal currency in previous fashions.

Now we are here at today. He must realize the new media of doing business, and while not admitting his faults, moving with the trends to grow his company.

As Robert has always said, have competent advisor's. He was obviously a jerk off in this arena, but has someone on his team that opened his eyes.

Onward...

So what is RK doing that you should be doing?

He's treated people like shit in the past, but I don't see the Richdad empire suffering? He is still selling to the people he was bitching at.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Hey, good teacher or not. He losses to the best teacher of all: Getting out and actually doing it.

I guess you are on the slow lane til then.

traore

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 21, 2009
Robert Kiyosaki Overview

I know the topic is going to another level but you should all see something about Robert Kiyosaki.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Re: Robert Kiyosaki Overview

I know the topic is going to another level but you should all see something about Robert Kiyosaki.

Please don't.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
When I was on the RDPD forums a lot, I don't remember Robert Kiyosaki ever posting there. Always though it was a little wierd that the guy never seemed to post a single message in like 5 years... Does anybody know if he posted there under pseudonyms? And if so -- which ones!?!

- Hakrjak

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
I was (and still am) a big believer in RDPD/RK but am sorely disappointed that he treats people that way in person, especially one of his team members/mentors. Had no idea...Unfortunate

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
I was (and still am) a big believer in RDPD/RK but am sorely disappointed that he treats people that way in person, especially one of his team members/mentors. Had no idea...Unfortunate

I agree.. he is a cold fish. Many high profile "mentors" are cold fish. I don't get it.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area

LOL LOL LOL That explains why RK seemed uninterested when I started talking about his website in 2002.... since he was rude and threw me off guard because I wasn't expecting him to be rude!!! ... I blurted out that his search engined sucked and he should fix it... oops.. but it was completely true!!! LOL LOL And that was before his company updated his forum losing many people's passwords. LOL LOL I lost interest in him and his products because I realized he is just an empty shell.

Last edited:

David

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
Sydney
RK no doubt has the best teachings materials out there, didn't realize he lacked of personality in real life. I have always portrayed him as a friendly and uplifting person, guess I was wrong ...

I have never been on the RDPD forum before, but I find it sad that RK as a mentor not be at least active on the site.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
I think this is gonna be a big breakthrough this year.

First robert allen, a bunch of R.E. guys and now tony robbins got into the ebook/continuity game.

I think RK is just following the pack right now. This is a newer and cheaper platform to attack.

This is the hot market right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.