The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Robert Allen's Workshop

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Hello!

I've been a student of the company (or companies) of Robert Allen, and they invited me to a workshop that is coming up this coming Thursday 24th in San Jose, California.
It's 3-day long 9 hours each day. And it's free.

They would teach me how to create wealth and make between $10,000 and $30,000 in the next 90 days, and they give me free tools to invest in real estate, and they already sent me a book of him for free. They were gonna send me Multiple Streams of Income, but since I already had it, they sent me Multiple Streams of Internet Income.

The bad thing is that I live in Fresno, which is 3 or 4 hours away, and I don't have any friends MOTIVATED in being rich so they don't wanna go, and I don't have a car neither.

You think this event is worthy to go by myself to a city where I never been before, that is like 4 hours away, without a car and having to pay for a hotel or motel??

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
If it fits the pattern of most of the gurus lately, the workshop will be a huge upsell. You will probably learn some things but not quite enough to get you there. So, for $5000 we can raise you to the platinum level of membership. For that you get one on one sessions with advisors 24/7 blah blah blah.

If you do decide to go leave you credit cards and debit cards at home. Good luck.:cheers:

PS: Have you ever tried "meetup" to find like minded people?

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/fresno/groups/business/?radius=25.0

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I second what Runum said. I have been to a couple of these seminars, and by and large they are a giant waste of time. You don't "learn" anything. The speakers rattle off random bits of information ("...and this is why you need to form an LLC" "cap rates are the real estate equivalent of gold" etc.) which only serve to further plant the seed in the participants that they need this further training for $25k.

Do you need training/mentoring to get into real estate and actually be successful? Yes, unless you have the cash to float making mistakes. Do you need to buy questionable training for $25k? No. Join your local REI group, it's free to low cost--take the bus there if you have to. Network. Find a mentor. Offer to work for them like no one they've ever seen and then do so. Ask questions to people who are successful in the area of real estate that you want to be successful in, take notes, and apply what you learn.

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
:thankyousign:

If it fits the pattern of most of the gurus lately, the workshop will be a huge upsell. You will probably learn some things but not quite enough to get you there. So, for $5000 we can raise you to the platinum level of membership. For that you get one on one sessions with advisors 24/7 blah blah blah.

If you do decide to go leave you credit cards and debit cards at home. Good luck.:cheers:

PS: Have you ever tried "meetup" to find like minded people?

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/f...s/?radius=25.0

Thank you Runum. I already checked it out and joined a meeting for this coming Wednesday ;)

Do you need training/mentoring to get into real estate and actually be successful? Yes, unless you have the cash to float making mistakes. Do you need to buy questionable training for $25k? No. Join your local REI group, it's free to low cost--take the bus there if you have to. Network. Find a mentor. Offer to work for them like no one they've ever seen and then do so. Ask questions to people who are successful in the area of real estate that you want to be successful in, take notes, and apply what you learn.

What's an REI group?
And I've always wanted a mentor, but everyone I met asks me for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. So, obviously, screw them.
How can I find the REI group and a mentor that doesn't try to kid me by asking me for thousands of dollars??

Thank you, guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xericx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 21, 2008
I've been to a Robert Allen Workshop, from the Learning Annex.

do not take any credit cards or checks with you. they do this hard sell towards the end, the entire course is building up and getting your hopes up and hyping you up into "grabbing the dollar" (he holds a dollar and says "who wants it" and waits for someone to stand up and grab it, etc), then trying to get you to sign up for an in-depth "weekend" or "weekday" course as well as a "phone" service where you can call and get in on conferences.

There are a lot of plants in the audience who look like other attendees but are really there to increase the groupthink into signing into the additional paid seminars ($500 for short ones, $5000 for the weeklong I believe).

Check it out, but use your skills to resist the need to sign up for additional courses.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
How did the meetup go?

It went good... I joined some groups such as Millionaire Entrepreneur, Young Entrepreneurs 4 Success, Fresno Cashflow, one about Real Estate, the Law of Attraction group, and more.

Tomorrow Wednesday I have an event with Millionaire Entrepreneur, and I emailed with the organizer.

I also emailed with the organizer of the Law of Attraction Club, who is in the cover of the magazine Best Life. I just said hi and where can I find a mentor... So he told me to go to the BBQ they have on Sunday to meet me in person and talk to me about his next project.

I'm excited because I'm gonna meet a successful guy who is in the cover of a magazine and wanna talk with me about his next project. His name is Royce Sanders. And I hope he doesn't ask me for money...

I just want to work WITH a successful mentor to learn from him!! And not work FOR him by paying him thousands of dollars.

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Anyways... if you are interested in my adventures with my meetup groups, you can follow them in my blog.

Over there I tell my stories and experiences with this groups ;)

I'm not trying to sell anything.. My blogs is not even monetized yet.

So check it out and leave some comments. I wanna know your opinions and experiences too!

Rebels-Entrepreneurship - Rebels Entrepreneurs in Business

Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.