The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Roast my store!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Hello everybody!
Long time without posting, I was trying to focus only on my projects and I didn't really contributed a lot in here.

But today I want to try something different.

I want you guys to R O A S T my store to ashes.

Even if you think your feedback will sound evil, I would really like you guys to give a feedback.

I hope is not against the forum rules, and if it is, just delete the post please.

Let's go!
Here's the link: CellarClothing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

You're a brave soul!

1) Who the fook is this guy?

who.png
Are you selling hats for Schoolboy Q? I can't relate to this man!

2) Why does the link move when my mouse approaches? What if I were drunk? My hand-eye coordination would be bad enough, let alone trying to capture this elusive link.

3) The bottom of the site has a lot of non-value add space. There's a full page height worth brown and pink space. Just to show subscrption, social icons, and copyright.

4) Your console log is showing an Instagram parse error.

5) Half of the text in the account sidebar is nearly impossible to see (e.g., forgot password link)

I will stop here :D

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
You're a brave soul!

1) Who the fook is this guy?

View attachment 24554
Are you selling hats for Schoolboy Q? I can't relate to this man!

2) Why does the link move when my mouse approaches? What if I were drunk? My hand-eye coordination would be bad enough, let alone trying to capture this elusive link.

3) The bottom of the site has a lot of non-value add space. There's a full page height worth brown and pink space. Just to show subscrption, social icons, and copyright.

4) Your console log is showing an Instagram parse error.

5) Half of the text in the account sidebar is nearly impossible to see (e.g., forgot password link)

I will stop here :D
Keep goin :)

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Hello everybody!
Long time without posting, I was trying to focus only on my projects and I didn't really contributed a lot in here.

But today I want to try something different.

I want you guys to R O A S T my store to ashes.

Even if you think your feedback will sound evil, I would really like you guys to give a feedback.

I hope is not against the forum rules, and if it is, just delete the post please.

Let's go!
Here's the link: CellarClothing
1. Everything about the site screams MySpace. The dark background, gradients, purple accents. It just look bad. Create a cohesive color palate and logo that doesn’t look like graffiti.

2. The product pictures are pretty terrible. The lighting makes them look amateur and why is NOBODY WEARING THE SHOES?

3. The “0” in the domain looks tacky and childish. Maybe cellarclothingco.com or cellarclothing.co?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Good job on taking action but honestly I cannot find anything about the store that I like...

1. I cant imagine anyone buying any of these clothes unless their name happened to be cellar, no idea who the target market is for any of this stuff. Have you made a sale?
2. Even if someone did want to buy the clothes I can't imagine anyone would feel comfortable enough to give you their payment info on a site that looks like this. Almost everything about the design is poor...
3. Domain name sucks, 0 in the domain in place of o, who's idea was that?

Just start completely over, there's no rescuing this website or product selection...

On the home page you have a picture of someone wearing shoes and some kind of blue and red design effect that actually looks kind of cool. I could see that effect looking cool on a hoodie like a city skyline or something like that perhaps

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Kind of creepy that the hoodies move when I move my mouse over them :eek:

I clicked on MEN'S shoes and it shows me WOMEN'S shoes.

Are you selling paper swim wear? That's what it looks like. I remember those paper cut out swim suites the girls used to cut out for their dolls when I was a kid.

The 1 and only thing good about your site is the shirt with the cat on the pooper mover! That's a good one! :rofl: But as for the shoes.... it looks stupid on there.

You don't really think you would ever sell over 2 of those caps to females do you?

You seem to like that aqua blue and pink? Probably not a million dollar color combination. Probably the same for the covered penis. Probably not going to find a lot of people that want to walk around with that on their shirt.

I say package this site up and keep it in the cellar!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It's ugly but who cares? You'll fail because you won't be able to drive people to it in a profitable way. It has very little to do with how bad the site is. There's tons of pretty sites that fail everyday, because they don't know how to get people's attention. That's the hardest part. You got the easy part wrong.

You'll look back and laugh at how bad your website used to be when you first made it.

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto
It's a very long road ahead of you. Especially if you don't have experience with Facebook ads. So be prepared to keep grinding. Utilize your skills.

Now, I like the fact that your putting work into the Instagram. It's crucial to lay a solid foundation for the brand. However, I may not like the products or the site, but that's not the issue. As you continue to grow the site will definitely change.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
1. Due to the huge logo on everything I would never buy any of the clothing.

2. Are you going for Athleisure or Streetwear?

3. The guy wearing the hat looks like slenderman
slenderman_1125272.jpeg

I thought my computer was possessed for a second.

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto

slenderman_1125272.jpeg

I think it's a gothic/streetwear type of brand. Not my style personally, but I'm sure there's a market for this sort of thing. Maybe it will be easier for niched ad-targeting this way who knows.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Hello Gabriel, honestly I think your product is not horrible, and the design of the clothes sounds good. (even if it's not my type of style).
But the design of the website is terrible, its look not professional and cheap. I'll be happy to help you on the layout etc, i see you are using shopify, so pm me if you need help !

DougeFreshAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Apr 15, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Good:
The designs look unique and decent. Demographic 12-26ish

Bad:
The website looks amateurish. The grey background with white product background is ugly. I don’t like the main Cellar logo.

Improve:
Order your own product since you outsource and get real professional images of people wearing it out in the world.

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
May 2, 2019
Toronto
Good:

Bad:
The website looks amateurish. The grey background with white product background is ugly. I don’t like the main Cellar logo.

Improve:
Order your own product since you outsource and get real professional images of people wearing it out in the world.

To add to this, you can reach out to influencers on IG via DMs. Tell them you can sponsor them in exchange for them to model your product.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yeah, don't listen to what we say about your product.... we just aren't in to that type pf thing. Let's say that I LOVED everything on your site, I'd never buy anything because the pictures suck and the site sucks.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks to everybody !

The only thing I can say is, you guys should check what Glitch art is!
It's ok to give feedback, but be sure at least to know a bit of what are you talking about..
I really apreciate all the comments :)

Last edited:

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Good:

Bad:

Improve:
What's wrong with the logo?
Thanks for your comment.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016

slenderman_1125272.jpeg

You mean the logo on the section photos in the header menù?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Saw the site. But first of all, in your mind, do you already have a clear idea of who is your target customer? Not target market, but that one single customer, and how and where to reach him, what are his related hobbies etc.

If no, then you shouldn't worry about the site design now.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Saw the site. But first of all, in your mind, do you already have a clear idea of who is your target customer? Not target market, but that one single customer, and how and where to reach him, what are his related hobbies etc.

If no, then you shouldn't worry about the site design now.
I do have a clear idea.. and it's a rising market/niche/subculture.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Ok since you mentioned it's glitch art, I can kinda see why you setup the site design you did. I would recommend to put the text from your About page in the top few sections of your home page so potential customers know what you stand for, since this is a new brand none has heard of.

The copywriting in the About us text needs to be redone so that it fits your target customer more. Probably a more attractive story that can make people sit up than the current one.

Not sure how you're going to market this, but if it's through FB/IG ads, you need to spend some time to see what Interests to target and whether the reach is enough.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Ok since you mentioned it's glitch art, I can kinda see why you setup the site design you did. I would recommend to put the text from your About page in the top few sections of your home page so potential customers know what you stand for, since this is a new brand none has heard of.

The copywriting in the About us text needs to be redone so that it fits your target customer more. Probably a more attractive story that can make people sit up than the current one.

Not sure how you're going to market this, but if it's through FB/IG ads, you need to spend some time to see what Interests to target and whether the reach is enough.
Thank you for the great feedback.
The about us page sucks, like the product section images...
It's still a work in progress, but I am definetly gonna listen to some advice that I got here.
Thanks again for your time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.