The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Revamping the Education System

Tris

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jan 5, 2018
New York
I have plenty of ideas but my issue is implementing them. Right now I have a huge idea in regards to revamping the education system but I have no idea how to start. The idea looks huge at first but i know once i figure out a way to get it moving, then it would be easier to implement it. Basically, I would like to start a high school and post- secondary learning camps that do not teach in traditional ways. Not everyone is mean't for the world of entrepreneurship, so i think it is still best to prepare people for the world of work- Just not in the traditional bullshit ways we have been taught for decades. My outlook for it would be

1. Basic life skills would be a mandatory course that everyone has to take. This includes
Credit
Taxes
Money management
Social skills 101/soft skills 101
Communication skills 101- HOW TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE/HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE
Public speaking
Interviewing
Resume building
How to avoid debt - Budgeting
Prioritizing
Laws- knowing your rights- employee rights/civil rights
Creating generational wealth- knowing you have options- don’t have to get stuck in corporate world- investing
Emotional maturity
Dating
Networking
Self-worth – importance of mindset
Educate yourself on social issues- think for yourself
Taking risks and leaving comfort zone
The power of the mind

That is just some of them. It's a huge list.

Other mandatory courses include:
English
Maths
World History
Overview of technology
Overview of science
Overview of the world- world geography.

Electives that would be offered include: - For these courses, students choose what they want to study.

A.I
3d printing
Engineering
Architecture
Design
Robotics
Coding/Programming
Cooking
Law Program
Media Program
Marketing and advertising
Doc program
Nursing Program
Entrepreneurship
Arts and Music
Sciences
Hardware technology.
History and Archeology
Geography
Religion
Sociology and Psychology
Law enforcement- and handling situations.

College Alternatives - I believe specific certificates/degrees/knowledge are the future rather than a general degree like liberal arts or what i did in college…. There is no need for generalist degrees.

Learning camps - Teach on a topic rigorously for a few months then apprenticeships afterwards.

A.I learning camps
Cooking camps
Robotics camps
3D learning camps
Marketing and advertising camps
Coding/programming camps- this already exists in NY
Entrepreneurship camps- Starting with the unlearning scripted behavior
These same courses can be put into an online alternative for those that cannot go in person - (Both real time courses with deadlines and time limits and self-guided courses for them to do in their own time.)

Now I know this is huge. The question is how do I start? It all seems wayyyyyyy out of my reach but I know it is possible to start. That's where I need your input. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
I have plenty of ideas but my issue is implementing them. Right now I have a huge idea in regards to revamping the education system but I have no idea how to start. The idea looks huge at first but i know once i figure out a way to get it moving, then it would be easier to implement it. Basically, I would like to start a high school and post- secondary learning camps that do not teach in traditional ways. Not everyone is mean't for the world of entrepreneurship, so i think it is still best to prepare people for the world of work- Just not in the traditional bullshit ways we have been taught for decades. My outlook for it would be

1. Basic life skills would be a mandatory course that everyone has to take. This includes
Credit
Taxes
Money management
Public speaking
Interviewing
Resume building
Prioritizing
Creating generational wealth- knowing you have options- don’t have to get stuck in corporate world- investing
Emotional maturity
Dating
Networking
The power of the mind

English
Maths
World History
Overview of technology
Overview of science

Electives that would be offered include: - For these courses, students choose what they want to study.

A.I
3d printing
Engineering
Architecture
Design
Robotics
Coding/Programming
Cooking
Law Program
Media Program
Doc program
Nursing Program
Entrepreneurship
Arts and Music
Sciences
Hardware technology.
History and Archeology
Geography
Religion
Sociology and Psychology

College Alternatives - I believe specific certificates/degrees/knowledge are the future rather than a general degree like liberal arts or what i did in college…. There is no need for generalist degrees.

Learning camps - Teach on a topic rigorously for a few months then apprenticeships afterwards.

A.I learning camps
Cooking camps
Robotics camps
3D learning camps
These same courses can be put into an online alternative for those that cannot go in person - (Both real time courses with deadlines and time limits and self-guided courses for them to do in their own time.)

Now I know this is huge. The question is how do I start? It all seems wayyyyyyy out of my reach but I know it is possible to start. That's where I need your input. Thanks!
Where do you see your role in this? As an educator? As a leader? Part of a team?

Kind regards
Leo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Credit
Taxes
Money management
Public speaking
Interviewing
Resume building
Prioritizing
Emotional maturity
Dating
Networking
The power of the mind

English
Maths
World History
Overview of technology
Overview of science

A.I
3d printing
Engineering
Architecture
Design
Robotics
Coding/Programming
Cooking
Law Program
Media Program
Doc program
Nursing Program
Entrepreneurship
Arts and Music
Sciences
Hardware technology.
History and Archeology
Geography
Religion
Sociology and Psychology

A.I learning camps
Cooking camps
Robotics camps
3D learning camps

I totally agree with you and there are a lot of people out there who also agree. The current system is failing its students.

So, IF you really feel passionate about this issue, start a community. Start a blog and an email list. Start a FB community. Tweet You don't have to an expert. You just have to start...

Tris

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jan 5, 2018
New York
Where do you see your role in this? As an educator? As a leader? Part of a team?

Kind regards
Leo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
As a leader. I wouldn't want to teach but I can hire people to do so. I just feel it's something that really needs to be addressed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tris

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jan 5, 2018
New York
I totally agree with you and there are a lot of people out there who also agree. The current system is failing its students.

So, IF you really feel passionate about this issue, start a community. Start a blog and an email list. Start a FB community. Tweet You don't have to an expert. You just have to start...
Yes I will. I will be meeting up with with someone in my community to talk about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.