destinycalls
New Contributor
Hi, I just finished this chapter and I think I understand what he is saying, that you ultimately have control over your own life. But I think I need some help understanding a little more.
When he gives the example of his friend who got her purse stolen, and she left her bag wide open again on the table, I understand that he is saying she should have learned from her mistake if she didn't want it to happen again. But I'm a little confused, when he says it is completely her fault. She is to blame.
Is this in all cases? What about traumatic events? What if someone was sexually assaulted? I'm having trouble understanding that it was the victims fault for what happened to them, in this case, and they should take responsibility and accountability for it.
When he gives the example of his friend who got her purse stolen, and she left her bag wide open again on the table, I understand that he is saying she should have learned from her mistake if she didn't want it to happen again. But I'm a little confused, when he says it is completely her fault. She is to blame.
Is this in all cases? What about traumatic events? What if someone was sexually assaulted? I'm having trouble understanding that it was the victims fault for what happened to them, in this case, and they should take responsibility and accountability for it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
