Right now I'm in the midst of launching a new media company and training a new employee. I developed standard SODs (standard operating documents), that should ensure they're able to start working immediately according to the guidelines I created. My management style is always to empower people to do great work, be completely hands off and demand results. Only the strong survive, A-Players only work with A-Players type of thing.
Working in a completely virtual environment is difficult. It's great once it's setup but for training, company culture, etc it's a pain in the a$$. So when we're going through a lot of different systems, requirements, and project work - we're hitting snags. Things are getting held up, time zones are delaying communication and there are bottlenecks preventing us from really pushing forward.
But you know what...
I'm running a profitable e-commerce business.
I'm currently writing this from my service apartment in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (cleaned daily, fresh sheets, laundry, etc) for $400 per month (expensive end).
I have the freedom to do almost anything that I want.
Instead of getting upset, frustrated or trying to do the work myself (slowlane) - I'm getting back to what I like to call respect the process.
All things that are great take time to develop. Relationships, trust, business deals, none of these things happen overnight. There's a process for everything.
Getting back to respecting the process is acknowledging that there are always going to be certain things out of my control and it's my job to creatively overcome the challenges presented. There are no quick solutions or easy ways out.
So whether you're building your business, trying to develop a new skill or training an employee... whatever it might be respect that the fact that what you're doing is going to take time. Instead of letting the snags get your down, look at them as challenges instead.
Respect the process, optimize the flow and maximize output.
Sorry for all of the buzzwords
Working in a completely virtual environment is difficult. It's great once it's setup but for training, company culture, etc it's a pain in the a$$. So when we're going through a lot of different systems, requirements, and project work - we're hitting snags. Things are getting held up, time zones are delaying communication and there are bottlenecks preventing us from really pushing forward.
But you know what...
I'm running a profitable e-commerce business.
I'm currently writing this from my service apartment in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (cleaned daily, fresh sheets, laundry, etc) for $400 per month (expensive end).
I have the freedom to do almost anything that I want.
Instead of getting upset, frustrated or trying to do the work myself (slowlane) - I'm getting back to what I like to call respect the process.
All things that are great take time to develop. Relationships, trust, business deals, none of these things happen overnight. There's a process for everything.
Getting back to respecting the process is acknowledging that there are always going to be certain things out of my control and it's my job to creatively overcome the challenges presented. There are no quick solutions or easy ways out.
So whether you're building your business, trying to develop a new skill or training an employee... whatever it might be respect that the fact that what you're doing is going to take time. Instead of letting the snags get your down, look at them as challenges instead.
Respect the process, optimize the flow and maximize output.
Sorry for all of the buzzwords
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
