I have a home that I've been renting /leasing to the same family for the last 10 years. This was my 1st land contract. The home is in Indiana and I've been in Ohio for the past 7+ yrs. They signed a 10 year lease. I don't even think that long of a land contract is legal and I have no idea why I made a 10 year lease. The lease is about to expire and they are unable to obtain financing to purchase it.
As I draft another land contract, is it typical to ask for another deposit? The initial deposit - 10 yrs ago was about 5% of what the cost to purchase the home was. What's the rule of thumb for the monthly increase for this next contract? Also, this contract expires 10/1/14. Any advice or questions are definitely appreciated. Thanks.
@SteveO and @CashFlowDepot and any others - thoughts? Thanks.
As I draft another land contract, is it typical to ask for another deposit? The initial deposit - 10 yrs ago was about 5% of what the cost to purchase the home was. What's the rule of thumb for the monthly increase for this next contract? Also, this contract expires 10/1/14. Any advice or questions are definitely appreciated. Thanks.
@SteveO and @CashFlowDepot and any others - thoughts? Thanks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
