The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Remote Working = Mediocre Work

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Kind of random.. just letting some shower thoughts fly out my head.

1. Remote working is great and all, but it will work great for some business models, and mediocre to terrible for most.

2. Businesses that thrive on releasing better versions of their products.. their first releases since the pandemic remote work trend took affect... will be trash. You can kind of see it already. Design, quality, etc. have been very disappointing in new releases across broadly in most markets. Customer service? You ever call Amex or whoever and they have a dog barking in the background trying to desperately help you out as they are clearly trying to hide they are pushing their kid on a swing? No? Me either.

3. Capital Goods opportunity: Office buildings. In the market and business cycle; once an economy has bottomed, and we head back to an uptrend of economic expansion; Capital Goods is where you make your money.. rise with the overall tide (supplying things to help businesses make money).

4. Synergy, actual human interaction, etc. is IMPORTANT AND A HUGE EDGE AND ADVANTAGE over ones that will remain just remote working. Example: Why the F are we so hype when MJ announces Summit dates and so sad when its cancelled?? Because I want to see your actual face as I hurl an insult to you... and also your face when I drop that gold nugget lol.

5. Big cities. Right now; you pay a premium and get ZERO of the pros from the big city. Thus the big migrations this past year. BUT..... its all about location, location, location. It's actually one of THE Most expensive things in the world. When this world returns to normal; those companies and businesses operating in the big cities will be leap frogging anybody that is not. Move now? Heck yeah; don't pay $2,000 for 100sq ft. when you get $100 of value back. But when its full out Economic Roaring 2020's boom, it might help that you're 5 mins walk away from the soon to be biggest companies in the world once their inevitable technology (autonomous driving, AI, robotics, virtual reality, blockchain, etc) meets the majority adoption curve.

6. Working from home office? SUCKS. WeWork, etc. If they ever sell private shares within the next year; you better buy up. Working from home with any kids? Or forced to cause your kids are in virtual school so you're playing teacher and working at the same time? Yeah; you're output is 50% at best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Kind of random.. just letting some shower thoughts fly out my head.

1. Remote working is great and all, but it will work great for some business models, and mediocre to terrible for most.

2. Businesses that thrive on releasing better versions of their products.. their first releases since the pandemic remote work trend took affect... will be trash. You can kind of see it already. Design, quality, etc. have been very disappointing in new releases across broadly in most markets. Customer service? You ever call Amex or whoever and they have a dog barking in the background trying to desperately help you out as they are clearly trying to hide they are pushing their kid on a swing? No? Me either.

3. Capital Goods opportunity: Office buildings. In the market and business cycle; once an economy has bottomed, and we head back to an uptrend of economic expansion; Capital Goods is where you make your money.. rise with the overall tide (supplying things to help businesses make money).

4. Synergy, actual human interaction, etc. is IMPORTANT AND A HUGE EDGE AND ADVANTAGE over ones that will remain just remote working. Example: Why the F are we so hype when MJ announces Summit dates and so sad when its cancelled?? Because I want to see your actual face as I hurl an insult to you... and also your face when I drop that gold nugget lol.

5. Big cities. Right now; you pay a premium and get ZERO of the pros from the big city. Thus the big migrations this past year. BUT..... its all about location, location, location. It's actually one of THE Most expensive things in the world. When this world returns to normal; those companies and businesses operating in the big cities will be leap frogging anybody that is not. Move now? Heck yeah; don't pay $2,000 for 100sq ft. when you get $100 of value back. But when its full out Economic Roaring 2020's boom, it might help that you're 5 mins walk away from the soon to be biggest companies in the world once their inevitable technology (autonomous driving, AI, robotics, virtual reality, blockchain, etc) meets the majority adoption curve.

6. Working from home office? SUCKS. WeWork, etc. If they ever sell private shares within the next year; you better buy up. Working from home with any kids? Or forced to cause your kids are in virtual school so you're playing teacher and working at the same time? Yeah; you're output is 50% at best.

When did your last name change to FAKE?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
It was already rehearsed some 15~20 years ago
when internet was hot new thing.
Every company's dream was to have workers "tele work" from home.
They've tried - and they've failed.
For same reasons as you mentioned

So Good points overall.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Many companies are organizing remote proctor and on-site working, a hybrid virtual model in which some employees are on-premises, while others work from home. One of the benefits is that the remote employees can execute their projects and exceed their goals wherever they please. But not effective for every situation, sometimes the company have failed for a different-different reason, so this technology not working in every field, it depends where you apply and how to apply.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.