Over the last few weeks I somehow stumbled into an interesting business that is looking very good so far. This business providers a sort of marketing service to B2B clients. It's highly scalable, the margins are near 100%, and I invest very little time overall into producing the digital product for the client. So now that I have a few clients under my belt, I'm trying to figure out the best way to begin scaling this business.
I have a bunch of ideas, one being referrals. I have never asked for referrals before so I'm not sure about the best way to go about this.
Is it unprofessional to say something like, "Thanks for the business. If you're happy with the service that we provided then I'll give you $500 for each new client that you bring my way through a referral?"
I'm selling my products for between 3k-7k a piece, so I can afford to pay the client a referral fee. A couple of my clients have already expressed interest in working with me to bring in new clients, but I don't want to be weird and look desperate by offering money for the converted referral to clients.
I have a bunch of ideas, one being referrals. I have never asked for referrals before so I'm not sure about the best way to go about this.
Is it unprofessional to say something like, "Thanks for the business. If you're happy with the service that we provided then I'll give you $500 for each new client that you bring my way through a referral?"
I'm selling my products for between 3k-7k a piece, so I can afford to pay the client a referral fee. A couple of my clients have already expressed interest in working with me to bring in new clients, but I don't want to be weird and look desperate by offering money for the converted referral to clients.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
