The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Redbull VS Coffee. What to choose?

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
I consumed lots of Redbull and coffee in the past days to stay alert. But then a thought poped up in my head considering the effect of these things on my health. Is Redbull and coffee dangerous? What should i choose or is there any healthier way to stay awake? Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I consumed lots of Redbull and coffee in the past days to stay alert. But then a thought poped up in my head considering the effect of these things on my health. Is Redbull and coffee dangerous? What should i choose or is there any healthier way to stay awake? Thank you
Bro... you don't add a shot of red bull to your coffee?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
kinda takes a lot of caffiene for it to be dangerous but you're paying a big markup on the redbull for the bubbles and flavor and a bunch of b vitamins you'll just pee out

the taurine might possibly do something? nothing you need really, you could just jog in place for like 60 seconds for these effects

You could switch to green tea, get some good loose leaf, you'll need to steep it at a lower temp than you do coffee or black tea or you ruin the flavor (and health benefits)

you'll need more green tea (it has less caffeine) but iirc the polyphenols fro mgreen tea are more beneficial for health than the theaflavins in black tea

theaflavins (black tea goodies)

catechins (green tea goodies, different ones in all sorts of other food like fruits and things but green tea specific ones are pretty well studied by themselves)

You could also learn how to do like 25 minute power naps

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Energy drink brand​
Sugar​
Red Bull 473mL
13 tsp (51g)​
Red Bull 250mL
7 tsp (27.5g)​
Have you seen how much sugar is in a can of Redbull? Personally I'd stick to Black coffee with cream if required.

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
Bro... you don't add a shot of red bull to your coffee?
Absolutely I don't bro, but maybe i will give it a try, to see if i can survive after that.
How funny is it that there is a brand in my country combining these two together. Never tried it before.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Absolutely I don't bro, but maybe i will give it a try, to see if i can survive after that.
How funny is it that there is a brand in my country combining these two together. Never tried it before.
I don't actually mix them either. Just copious amounts of black iced coffee here.

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
kinda takes a lot of caffiene for it to be dangerous but you're paying a big markup on the redbull for the bubbles and flavor and a bunch of b vitamins you'll just pee out

the taurine might possibly do something? nothing you need really, you could just jog in place for like 60 seconds for these effects

You could switch to green tea, get some good loose leaf, you'll need to steep it at a lower temp than you do coffee or black tea or you ruin the flavor (and health benefits)

you'll need more green tea (it has less caffeine) but iirc the polyphenols fro mgreen tea are more beneficial for health than the theaflavins in black tea

theaflavins (black tea goodies)

catechins (green tea goodies, different ones in all sorts of other food like fruits and things but green tea specific ones are pretty well studied by themselves)

You could also learn how to do like 25 minute power naps
Nice, i totally forgot green tea that i see almost everywhere in my country, but sometime i consider it's only for older people. Maybe i will give it a try. 25 minute naps is awesome too, thank you.

MoneyHacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhere in Asia
Energy drink brand​
Sugar​

Red Bull 473mL
13 tsp (51g)​

Red Bull 250mL
7 tsp (27.5g)​

Have you seen how much sugar is in a can of Redbull? Personally I'd stick to Black coffee with cream if required.
There now i see, i haven't paid attention to it before. But i heard alot that energy drink is considered harmful to health. Will try to switch fully to black coffee. But i don't know if black coffee is harmful in some ways?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Iced mochas or cold brew for me.

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
I've gone down the coffee/caffeine rabbit hole, IMO stay away. It's great a first but like any drug it can be abused and it tends to lose it's effects long term. It can really mess up your sleep cycle, make you paranoid/anxious. Green tea is better for you health wise.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I've gone down the coffee/caffeine rabbit hole, IMO stay away. It's great a first but like any drug it can be abused and it tends to lose it's effects long term. It can really mess up your sleep cycle, make you paranoid/anxious. Green tea is better for you health wise.

You're talking about me.

G

Guest24480

When I need an extra boost I prefer Monster Zero Ultra for energy drinks because it has no sugar but still tastes like an energy drink. I'm sure there are other ingredients in there that aren't the best for you but for an occasional boost it's not bad. It has a little under 200mg of caffeine I believe.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Back in school i used to down a couple of monsters per day, I've since switched to coffee and i feel a lot better. 2-3 cups per day is below the caffeine limit aswell so you won't die or anything. Coffee is also a lot more social.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Just as a warning: copious amounts of strong coffee WILL harm you.

I used to drink pints of the strongest coffee available everyday (so strong they created a higher classification number for it back then but it’s become normal now).

I ended up wanting to pee pretty much every 10 minutes. Seen my doctor (way too late) and my prostate had blown up like a balloon. Went through weeks thinking it was cancer whilst waiting for the test results. It was all down to caffeine ‘abuse’ for want of a better word. It irritates the prostate and will inflame it hence the inflammation. The good news is caffeine (in moderation) actually helps prevent prostate cancer so that is something but it’s sensible not to go overboard.

All things in moderation. My uncle went temporarily blind through drinking too much squash (cordial) and I read this morning of a poor lad going irreversibly blind at 17 through a poor choice of diet:

Teenager 'blind' from living off crisps and chips

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
As far as I unterstand if you take regular breaks from coffeine it stays effective.

I use coffee for days that I am tired.
As I don't use it most days it works like a charm when I do.

To minimize negative effects on my sleep I drink coffee no later than 2pm.

I have used matcha in the past but the last matcha I bought didn't have ans effect on my wakefulness. Maybe I bought fake matcha.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
At least 34 deaths linked to energy drinks. Reported in sluggishly conservative medical journal in May 2019.
The American Heart Association, normally slow to challenge product safety, is worried about the effect of Redbull and similar energy drinks on the heart and arteries. Cardiology is the most well understood medical science and researchers find some effects of enefgy drinks mysterious. For one thing these drinks can deform red blood cells in a manner which creates heart attack risk. These deformations look like the blood cells of very sick, inactive, longstanding heavy alcoholics and smokers.

Fast read:

More:

[/URL]

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I went to bed (tossing and turning of course) thinking about this thread, and Kungfu Steve just commented on caffeine elsewhere.

For the anti -coffee crowd, what do you recommend for on the go "don't fall out of the sky" food to eat while you just keep moving? Powerbars, trail mix?

I use coffee as a stimulant and appetite suppressant.

Walterbl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2018
Coffee is better for your health if you need some frequent coffeine in order to stay awake.

Redbull is better if you need a quick energy boost. But take it in moderation.

You could try tea instead.

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
I went to bed (tossing and turning of course) thinking about this thread, and Kungfu Steve just commented on caffeine elsewhere.

For the anti -coffee crowd, what do you recommend for on the go "don't fall out of the sky" food to eat while you just keep moving? Powerbars, trail mix?

A lot of these powerbars and trail mixes aren't particularly healthy, tons of sugar, whey, gluten, salt. I like oats/ yogurt and fruit for energy. Simple grains for long term energy (not bread).

I would just try to cut back slowly on the caffeine, when I stopped cold turkey I felt incredibly sick for two days, headaches, lethargy, ect. If your relying on caffeine as the main source of your energy your addicted.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

The point of taurine is to amplify the effects of caffeine. It is the heart of every energy drink, 2g taurine + 200mg caffeine.

You can simply take those in pill form too for a nice energy boost. Makes a decent pre-workout.

Although there isn't actually evidence to support the efficacy of taurine so...who knows lol Taurine in Energy Drinks: Backed by Research or Just Bull?

But to be frank, if someone really wants energy...nothing beats an ephedrine and caffeine stack!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

Coffee has excellent benefits, as long as you flush it out of your system now and then and stay within safe levels.
You know the way blueberries are promoted as an antioxidant superfood?
One cuppa joe has 16x more than 2 pts blueberries.
It's so powerful as an antioxidant that it will neutralize the health benefits of a hard workout. (Yes, never eat huge quantities of antioxidants after workouts.)
Sleep. Hydrate. No sugar. Sunlight. Vitamin D. Take a walk to improve focus. Live conversation at least 3x daily.
Others will hop on here with diet tips but individual variation rules. Some people just grow anxious with green tea, some are jolted by salty pickles.

Last edited:

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Barring someone with an outlier disease, most instances of lack of energy or tiredness can be solved by an improvement in diet and increasing water consumption.

If you have a piss poor diet and low water consumption the energy drinks are just a bandaid solution to a much bigger problem.

If you're not concerned about the high sugar content in a red bull, there's a good chance your overall sugar consumption is incredibly high.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Energy drinks are the new cigarettes.

Sponsor all the sporting events and then in 20/30 years we all find out it’s been killing us.

100% pass on any type of energy drink. That stuff is horrible for your health.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
I do Bulletproof 2.0:

- Coffee
- Mct oil
- Butter
- collagen peptides
- maca powder

Blend that shit up and you’ll be zingin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.