The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommended this site to family & friends!!! Here goes my intro..

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami
This is the best site on the web. I have been engulfed in these posts for a week now!

Quick introduction-

I am 21 years old. Live in Miami Fl. I am in the entertainment industry.

I went to school for Audio Technology in 2007.

I started Interning at a Recording Studio during that time, and went from intern, to assistant, to head engineer in 1 year that I was there. I also do a lot of managerial work like hiring and firing, marketing & promo, band bookings, etc.

I want more. So i am leaving the studio, got a freelance job at a promotional company on South Beach and am embarking on my entrepreneurial journey to the unknown (thanks to this site, its not going to be as murky as I had planned.)

My first step is starting my own studio. I know the in's-and-out's of a functioning studio, I know the void, I know exactly my clients wants & needs. And I know what will separate me from the competition. This will take a start up capital of $20k. I am in the process of obtaining this now.

Once I have a functioning studio, My goal is for it to run it-self. I do not plan on making my millions thru this venture, but I look at it as a watering hole for my industry. Recording/Mixing artists, web/tv based commercials, jingles, music videos, etc. While the studio sustain's it-self, I am meeting all the local talent that comes to record, and Networking with the "big-boy's" while at the south beach gig.

As soon as I make the right connections, I will sell the shit out of my product (production) .I will sign the best act's that come through the studio, get them to the right people, and this is where My sticky note on the "success stories" thread will follow....

I WILL HAVE
-A very successful talent agency
-A very successful production company
-A very successful life
-I will do this all before 25.

I absolutely love the idea behind this site! I feel now that I have posted my ambitions for all you to see, I better get them done!

Theres my introduction. If you have any suggestions, or can help in anyway, feel free to shoot me an e-mail!

-Swift

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Re: Recommended this site to family & friends!!! Here goes my int

welcome to the Fastlane... thanks for your intro.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

My first step is starting my own studio. I know the in's-and-out's of a functioning studio, I know the void, I know exactly my clients wants & needs.

Sounds like a great starting point -- focus on poorly met needs in your particular industry. Welcome to the boards!

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami

Thanks everyone! really excited to be apart of this site! There are actually people that think like me! Woah! I always new I was an entrepreneur, and one day would run my own business, but I always used time/ "pay your dues" as my excuse. it was not until after reading one of your posts MJ, That I decided "holy shit! I could go into business for myself today and be successful!"

Although, I have to admit, I was hoping for some speed++ But I guess I'll just have to stay parked for now...:fastlane:

Lance Johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA

Hey man, there's nothing wrong with driving a Kia :)

Power to the 21 year olds! That's awesome that you have experience in your industry already, as well as a concrete timeframe you want to achieve your goals in.

Good luck!

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami

Mr. Johnson! Big up's! 21 is the new 40! And btw I upgraded to a hyundi, BALLLIN! Ironically, thats the car I drive in the real world, and now, as-well-as in the virtual world. yikes! gotta upgrade in both universes!

Lance Johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA

That was the hilarious thing for me too! I drive a Kia Spectra in real life.

We've been having our first couple of warm days here in VA, but I bet Florida is nice and warm right now!

You should start a progress thread so we can all see how you're coming along! You'll get your financing.

Nice to meet a fellow younger dude with goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami

haha! the irony inspires me! in 5 years we gotta meet up and laugh over a $2000 bottle of wine that we can afford finally! Muahahaha!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...