I read MFL 5-6 yrs ago and it inspired a bunch of research and several failed attempts to start a side hustle while keeping my moderately well paying oilfield job. Felt pretty full of myself, things were starting to move and I was on top of my little chicken shit pile.
Got a girlfriend while on assignment overseas, wife disapproved. Got divorced. Got poor and very dark/ depressed. Did some self-help/ inner exploration work. Blew a lot of money being a divorced middle-aged guy looking to make up for ..... something.
Focused a bit more. Saved some pennies. Worked hard to find a new industry. After 18 months of networking, I was allowed to invest in a cannabis company in Vegas. Boom.
Shoddy due diligence (due to my ignorance around corporate valuation techniques), this company has beaucoups issues. It feels as if I've wasted my load, though I know there's still a chance this will turn around and be a winning bet.
Now, I have a little bit of my nest egg left. I had planned on living off of it for the next two years or so but now I want to use it to build another stream of income.
So, here I am... again, attempting to reboot my life and mental frame. Hopefully, you guys have left a little money out there for me to dig up.
Got a girlfriend while on assignment overseas, wife disapproved. Got divorced. Got poor and very dark/ depressed. Did some self-help/ inner exploration work. Blew a lot of money being a divorced middle-aged guy looking to make up for ..... something.
Focused a bit more. Saved some pennies. Worked hard to find a new industry. After 18 months of networking, I was allowed to invest in a cannabis company in Vegas. Boom.
Shoddy due diligence (due to my ignorance around corporate valuation techniques), this company has beaucoups issues. It feels as if I've wasted my load, though I know there's still a chance this will turn around and be a winning bet.
Now, I have a little bit of my nest egg left. I had planned on living off of it for the next two years or so but now I want to use it to build another stream of income.
So, here I am... again, attempting to reboot my life and mental frame. Hopefully, you guys have left a little money out there for me to dig up.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
