The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Rebooting the reboot....

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

BBarakti

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I read MFL 5-6 yrs ago and it inspired a bunch of research and several failed attempts to start a side hustle while keeping my moderately well paying oilfield job. Felt pretty full of myself, things were starting to move and I was on top of my little chicken shit pile.

Got a girlfriend while on assignment overseas, wife disapproved. Got divorced. Got poor and very dark/ depressed. Did some self-help/ inner exploration work. Blew a lot of money being a divorced middle-aged guy looking to make up for ..... something.

Focused a bit more. Saved some pennies. Worked hard to find a new industry. After 18 months of networking, I was allowed to invest in a cannabis company in Vegas. Boom.

Shoddy due diligence (due to my ignorance around corporate valuation techniques), this company has beaucoups issues. It feels as if I've wasted my load, though I know there's still a chance this will turn around and be a winning bet.

Now, I have a little bit of my nest egg left. I had planned on living off of it for the next two years or so but now I want to use it to build another stream of income.

So, here I am... again, attempting to reboot my life and mental frame. Hopefully, you guys have left a little money out there for me to dig up.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome and thank you for sharing. As MJ rightly points out, there's no shortage of money out there - just time. Screwing up and making mistakes is part of life. Sounds like you're trying to learn and grow from them. This is a great crowd and many valuable lessons to be had if you read and engage. I recommend you read UNSCRIPTED to help you get your head back in the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Great. I will check them out and share my feedback. Thanks for sharing and helping us with your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Was talking to @Vigilante yesterday and he suggested I try a new media to put out some of the...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom