The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready to let loose.

chathvac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 17, 2016
Background: Grew up not financially stable, dropped out of high school, performed illegitimate activities for a few years, had a child at 20 and totally changed my world... Fastword 7 years and have a wife, 3 kids, and a skilled trade (residential and light commercial plumbing electrical heating and air, service and repair).
Alright, so this forum has completely changed the way I look at the world, from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I just wanted to start a small business, make a few people happy (because I genuinely care for people and their loved ones and I love residential heating and air, service and repair), and maybe make a couple dollars in the process so my kids wouldn't have the worries I did when growing up.
So since joining this forum and lurking for awhile, my mindset has shifted from helping homeowners, to helping everyone (problem solving).
I look at the work I do differently everyday as in what could be done to make this more efficient, safe, or cost less. I might have finally figured out a way to simply save millions of man hours around the world. Thanks to everyone here, even if this doesn't work as I hope it will, yall are great.

Hope to join in the fast lane soon enough.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kujo.show

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 21, 2016
Background: Grew up not financially stable, dropped out of high school, performed illegitimate activities for a few years, had a child at 20 and totally changed my world... Fastword 7 years and have a wife, 3 kids, and a skilled trade (residential and light commercial plumbing electrical heating and air, service and repair).
Alright, so this forum has completely changed the way I look at the world, from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I just wanted to start a small business, make a few people happy (because I genuinely care for people and their loved ones and I love residential heating and air, service and repair), and maybe make a couple dollars in the process so my kids wouldn't have the worries I did when growing up.
So since joining this forum and lurking for awhile, my mindset has shifted from helping homeowners, to helping everyone (problem solving).
I look at the work I do differently everyday as in what could be done to make this more efficient, safe, or cost less. I might have finally figured out a way to simply save millions of man hours around the world. Thanks to everyone here, even if this doesn't work as I hope it will, yall are great.

Best of luck! You sound like a great guy.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Welcome. Since you have revealed you are a tradesman, you have some skills that most of us don't have :). That equals value, as long you know what to share and build up from!

As you aim to help homeowners, here are some questions to consider:
1. Much typical home fixing can be costly. Is there a way to do it at a cheaper rate i.e with easily sourced materials or newcomer contractors that haven't be snatched up by big companies yet (be a channel for them)?
2. Some might prefer DIY. If you want to go that route, can you make it look sexy? Can you give them the tools to solve their household issues and save them much cost ( or even time!)?
Some instruction manuals of tools are messed up as crap. It took me two hours to assemble a simple primitive plastic shelf because the instructions were not color-coded. Can you take existing assembly-required products and produce manuals so simple a child could do the job?
3. If you have sufficient experience, could you open content channels via Youtube or a blog? To draw people in, you could give free info through e-books ( doesn't have to be long either. An e-book from Chad Mureta's App Empire was like 16-pages long, very basic but informative) and put up trade classes online. I don't see a lot of that educational niche nowadays.

Here you go! Something to work on!

chathvac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I like the YouTube idea but I hate seeing myself on camera. When I was sent to sales training, the last part we had to take the process we learned, and role play on camera. I blew it, and still do when I try on a camera. Now I can sell (350k last year, all service and repair work for residential customers that I sold and performed, not just a salesman), and can do the process I was taught flawlessly without a camera. Any tips on not being camera shy?

P.S. I was looking into patenting my idea, but it seems to be a pricy and lengthy process. Any fast lane method to that?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Have you read the book? I'm just asking because my pet-peeve is people who say "Fastlane" and have no idea what it means.

Welcome to the forum!

chathvac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 17, 2016
Have you read the book? I'm just asking because my pet-peeve is people who say "Fastlane" and have no idea what it means.

Welcome to the forum!
No MJ, I haven't read the book, but critical thinking is one of my stronger suites (not saying genius level by any means), and from the little bit of lurking I've done, it seems the fast lane is more of a psychological standpoint than a financial route (well, upon starting the venture anyeays). Do I need to read the book to find out the definition? I jus downloaded it so I will get back to you with an answer! Thanks for the feedback though!

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I like the YouTube idea but I hate seeing myself on camera. When I was sent to sales training, the last part we had to take the process we learned, and role play on camera. I blew it, and still do when I try on a camera. Now I can sell (350k last year, all service and repair work for residential customers that I sold and performed, not just a salesman), and can do the process I was taught flawlessly without a camera. Any tips on not being camera shy?

P.S. I was looking into patenting my idea, but it seems to be a pricy and lengthy process. Any fast lane method to that?

Unfortunately, if you are looking into content-based models in which your value you give is in the form of INFORMATION, videos do help a lot. If there is a lot of text, transcripts or podcasts do help too.

The best thing about doing camera recording is that you can record yourself over and over again. You can just eliminate the bad parts and put the best shootings. It's not like live broadcast in which if you slip up, you are cracked. You have more control over what gets into your viewers' eyes and ears.

If you can't do live, try animations at the most. It does not need to be flashy or advanced (if that's not your route or otherwise!) Check out MJ's videos on explanation of the Fastlane commandments....simple cut-out pictures, yet so vibrant and clear. But remember that video-making is only one step of the Fastlane. It is just one tool. The main weaponising lies in scale of delivery channels and marketing to bring the solution to people.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Great to see you here. Wonderful to here you're making that inner transformation. It's a wild ride, but I have to say, super sweet the more you let go of all the sour of the past.
Keep grinding! Best of luck to you.

chathvac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks for the positive word. Much appreciated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...