D
Deleted50669
Guest
I think for a lot of people, myself included, it's easy for the wisdom in Unscripted to go by the wayside a while after reading it. Old habits die hard, and without reinforcement they don't die at all.
I am rereading MJ's book again because I need another correction. I was in a better mindset last year than I am now. Just a couple hours into the book, I am regaining an understanding of how I should be thinking about things, and what needs to be done. I am realizing I gave up too easily on my first SaaS effort, and I am going to assess what went wrong and adjust course. If I fail again, I will assess and adjust again.
My job situation is another story, and that I need to figure out for myself. But for anyone struggling as an entrepreneur, even if you've read one of MJ's books before (or both), don't fall into the false belief that one read-through is enough. One read-through is enough to become acquainted with the concepts, and begin to form an understanding. A second or third read-through... that's when you begin to internalize it as truth and it becomes your default mode of thinking.
Read it again.
A lot of people have made posts that show they aren't aligned to the principles in the book (I'm guilty of it myself) - and it will hinder or completely prevent your progress if you aren't aligned with TUNEF (or worse, if you don't know what TUNEF is).
.. Just my two cents (two cents is about all I have to spare at the moment haha).
- Cheers
I am rereading MJ's book again because I need another correction. I was in a better mindset last year than I am now. Just a couple hours into the book, I am regaining an understanding of how I should be thinking about things, and what needs to be done. I am realizing I gave up too easily on my first SaaS effort, and I am going to assess what went wrong and adjust course. If I fail again, I will assess and adjust again.
My job situation is another story, and that I need to figure out for myself. But for anyone struggling as an entrepreneur, even if you've read one of MJ's books before (or both), don't fall into the false belief that one read-through is enough. One read-through is enough to become acquainted with the concepts, and begin to form an understanding. A second or third read-through... that's when you begin to internalize it as truth and it becomes your default mode of thinking.
Read it again.
A lot of people have made posts that show they aren't aligned to the principles in the book (I'm guilty of it myself) - and it will hinder or completely prevent your progress if you aren't aligned with TUNEF (or worse, if you don't know what TUNEF is).
.. Just my two cents (two cents is about all I have to spare at the moment haha).
- Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
