How do you suggest I get started with MySQL and PHP? (Resources, books, videos etc)
I really recommend you just pick a project that you want to do and then start coding away, googling everything that you need to know. Start with a website that shows information from a database, then with a user login system, etc...
You can actually build your product while learning. Learning and doing should not be separated.
I haven't read a single book about programming in the 7 years that I've been doing it.
Ressources (for PHP):
http://php.net/manual/en/ (All the functions, always read the comments + examples)
http://stackoverflow.com/ (If php.net doesn't have the answer)
http://www.google.com / (Last resort)
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
