The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Re-Introduction - More Debt Than I've Ever Had

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I would say the most stressed I've ever been but I am past that point now.

I've been 'self-employed' for about the last year or so and now that that is coming to an end.

Not sure where I left off here at this forum since the last time I was here. Throughout the past year, I was running a very profitable successful Amazon based product business AND consulting business.

That all died and seized to exist after making a few minor mistakes which created huge problems.

After that all came crashing down I tried my hand at making money with Instagram (in an effort to create income again), spent a couple thousand $$$ for nothing to work AT ALL.

I even paid 'gurus' that were full of shit.

At this point, I just feel somewhat lost I guess. The past several weeks have been the most stressful of my life.

No income, more debt, more expenses. My discipline in all areas of life gone. Bad habits stacked on laziness and depression.

To top it off my dog Daisy had to be put down too...

WNIETTT.jpg

^I was sitting on the couch reading a book when she hopped up on the other couch and fell asleep watching me

I have to be honest, I am worried. I have been applying for jobs. I know I will get one.

But it won't pay enough to cover any of my debt.

I have been practicing my skill in copywriting (not content writing). I did attend a week-long copy camp that was of tremendous value.

I plan on using my knowledge of copywriting to get out of this debt and stop scraping by.

I have no choice but to make money writing copy. I have the skill, I don't need to spend any money to get started. I have what it takes.

Anyway, it is great to see some of you again. I am excited to interact and be a part of this community.

I'm 21, still young, I am in no rush to be a millionaire like I was before.

Rant over.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was running a very profitable successful Amazon based product business AND consulting business.

How does starting an Instagram business kill your Amazon business? Part of the story is missing.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
How does starting an Instagram business kill your Amazon business? Part of the story is missing.
Hi.

The IG business didn't kill the Amazon business.

After the Amazon business crashed I spent money learning Instagram and how to monetize it in an effort to get something going again.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
After the Amazon business crashed

Yes, but what happened here? Amazon killed your account? Competitors swarmed in and took over with better offers? What specifically killed what otherwise was a profitable biz?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Yes, but what happened here? Amazon killed your account? Competitors swarmed in and took over with better offers? What specifically killed what otherwise was a profitable biz?
Great question.

It all started with selling too much too fast and delays getting inventory from China.

The delay in getting inventory resulted in a stock out and losing all ranking. I want didn't this to happen again so I placed a much BIGGER order.

After getting the new inventory I worked my magic and spent around $3,000 to rank again for it totally fall flat. Leaving me with no sales, no rank, and debt.

My understanding of why it fell flat was because my listing had been already designated for 1 specific keyword.

When I got that new inventory I wanted to rank for a different keyword. After doing all the ranking manipulation to my new keyword I came out with 0 progress on it.

BUT I had a slight improvement on the old keyword. Which showed me that my listing was set and stuck to a specific keyword.

Was Amazon a long-term play? No.

I had planned on building a brand. Something where I wasn't one algorithm change away from being homeless.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...