• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Re-Introduction - More Debt Than I've Ever Had

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by BlakeIC, Jul 9, 2018.

1. BlakeIC

BlakeIC Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,595
    I would say the most stressed I've ever been but I am past that point now.

I've been 'self-employed' for about the last year or so and now that that is coming to an end.

Not sure where I left off here at this forum since the last time I was here. Throughout the past year, I was running a very profitable successful Amazon based product business AND consulting business.

That all died and seized to exist after making a few minor mistakes which created huge problems.

After that all came crashing down I tried my hand at making money with Instagram (in an effort to create income again), spent a couple thousand $$$ for nothing to work AT ALL.

I even paid 'gurus' that were full of sh*t.

At this point, I just feel somewhat lost I guess. The past several weeks have been the most stressful of my life.

No income, more debt, more expenses. My discipline in all areas of life gone. Bad habits stacked on laziness and depression.

To top it off my dog Daisy had to be put down too...

[​IMG]
    ^I was sitting on the couch reading a book when she hopped up on the other couch and fell asleep watching me

I have to be honest, I am worried. I have been applying for jobs. I know I will get one.

But it won't pay enough to cover any of my debt.

I have been practicing my skill in copywriting (not content writing). I did attend a week-long copy camp that was of tremendous value.

I plan on using my knowledge of copywriting to get out of this debt and stop scraping by.

I have no choice but to make money writing copy. I have the skill, I don't need to spend any money to get started. I have what it takes.

Anyway, it is great to see some of you again. I am excited to interact and be a part of this community.

I'm 21, still young, I am in no rush to be a millionaire like I was before.

Rant over.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Arun Siva and jon.a like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $345,124
    Admin Post
    How does starting an Instagram business kill your Amazon business? Part of the story is missing.

Arun Siva likes this.
  3. BlakeIC

Rep Bank:
    $5,595
    Hi.

The IG business didn't kill the Amazon business.

After the Amazon business crashed I spent money learning Instagram and how to monetize it in an effort to get something going again.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  4. BlakeIC

Rep Bank:
    $5,595
    Made some edits. Hopefully, it is more clear now.

5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $345,124
    Admin Post
    Yes, but what happened here? Amazon killed your account? Competitors swarmed in and took over with better offers? What specifically killed what otherwise was a profitable biz?

Arun Siva likes this.
  6. BlakeIC

Rep Bank:
    $5,595
    Great question.

It all started with selling too much too fast and delays getting inventory from China.

The delay in getting inventory resulted in a stock out and losing all ranking. I want didn't this to happen again so I placed a much BIGGER order.

After getting the new inventory I worked my magic and spent around $3,000 to rank again for it totally fall flat. Leaving me with no sales, no rank, and debt.

My understanding of why it fell flat was because my listing had been already designated for 1 specific keyword.

When I got that new inventory I wanted to rank for a different keyword. After doing all the ranking manipulation to my new keyword I came out with 0 progress on it.

BUT I had a slight improvement on the old keyword. Which showed me that my listing was set and stuck to a specific keyword.

Was Amazon a long-term play? No.

I had planned on building a brand. Something where I wasn't one algorithm change away from being homeless.

Arun Siva likes this.