The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

rant: hit and run

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I woke up this morning and when went to take my car I saw the front fender torn. It seems last night somebody drove into it and decided to run away. Here are the pictures from the car and a short video that I taped for insurance purposes if needed.

I took it to two places for estimates, $1,350 in one place, $1,600 in the other one. My deductible is $1K.

I am really upset with the attitude this driver had... I know accidents happen, but lack of responsibility really drives me crazy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uONbusdzjvY"]YouTube - Honda torn Fender[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That sucks man. Sorry to see it happen to anyone. Any evidence at the scene? Paint color, broken glass, license plates, neighbors video cams?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Bummer. Well, on the plus side at least you know it f'd up his car too.

Have a great New Year's in spite of this! :)

Reisteve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 6, 2007
Sorry to see that....

It really says a lot about how some people act with intregity and others do not.

Best to you in the New Year

Steve

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
A friend of ours here in Texas was awoken one night by the sound of someone smashing into his car. It was parked in front of his house on a small residential street. We all assumed it was a drunk driver, but in any case the person who hit his car was going so fast that it totaled his vehicle. Fortunately, the dumbass left their license plate and Ford emblem at the scene. She was later charged and her insurance company got to buy our friend a new car =) I wonder what kind of punishment goes with a hit and run on your record?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
ouch, that area looks familiar. Unfortunatly it happens alot out here. Sorry for that loos Andviv.

One of the cars i sponser was broken into last week, that was a tough blow for the owner. Lots of expensive stuff taken.

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
I'm suprised to see that you are suprised.

It seems there are so few people left who have honor, integrity, honesty, etc. :wtf:

I know it probably bothers you more that someone didn't fess up than to have to report it to insurance or pay for it.

I do autobody paint. If it's just the bumper you have some options that might run half that cost. Let me know.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I'm with you andviv, 2 months ago my car got fully "Keyed" (don't know if the word is right) I had to paint the whole car, wich will be ready tomorrow. I HATE these suckers, mine was not an accident....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.