The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What a lucky boy I am!
I just received an email from Warren Buffet. He wants to donate 4.5 million USD exactly to me!
I m so happy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I'm bidding on a real estate auction this Thursday. I've bid on a few in the past but never won one. Kind of fun doing all the research on a relatively short timeline. Also, the rules if you win are preposterous. You have less than 24 hours to show up with a cashiers check for the entire purchase price, plus taxes and fees etc, which you won't even know until you win. And you have to put down a 5% deposit on the maximum bid you might make for a property, in order for your bid to be accepted. Clearly not set up for the average Joe and their lender.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
image.jpg
So during my workout, I go to refill my water ball and I’m talking to my uncle.

During our conversation someone comes over and interrupts and says, “where’d you get that water bottle? Did you steal it?”

I say no, I bought it at GNC. And he says, “it says, “Swole” on it. You’re not swole?”

I’m like wtf? I don’t even know you? Is this how you make friends? Sure, I’m on a cut currently so I’m not “big”, but I don’t walk up to random people and say that.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

eVEryOneS gOnnA bE sMarT nOw!!

61089F45-56EB-41AA-A23C-F777BB52BDCD.jpeg

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Bad business "streaks" can really get me jaded about human beings.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
View attachment 41123
So during my workout, I go to refill my water ball and I’m talking to my uncle.

During our conversation someone comes over and interrupts and says, “where’d you get that water bottle? Did you steal it?”

I say no, I bought it at GNC. And he says, “it says, “Swole” on it. You’re not swole?”

I’m like wtf? I don’t even know you? Is this how you make friends? Sure, I’m on a cut currently so I’m not “big”, but I don’t walk up to random people and say that.
That person will go far in life :rolleyes:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

eVEryOneS gOnnA bE sMarT nOw!!

View attachment 41124
How did we never realize that was the problem? What if... what if... iiiiffff... we ONLY gave people "A"s in school?! Then everyone could be the valedictorian! :party:

Weee! The apocalypse is AMAZING!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How did we never realize that was the problem? What if... what if... iiiiffff... we ONLY gave people "A"s in school?! Then everyone could be the valedictorian! :party:

Weee! The apocalypse is AMAZING!
While they’re at it, they should just give everyone a billion dollars too! Then everyone can have jets and yachts! :smuggy:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
While they’re at it, they should just give everyone a billion dollars too! Then everyone can have jets and yachts! :smuggy:
You see if we seized all money from billionaires in the world we could give everyone 15 gajillion dollars. Eat the rich!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Have you ever stood on a balcony, leaned over the edge and unexpectedly thought, "If I wanted to, I could just jump?" Or perhaps you've been at a cliff's edge, with the intention of doing nothing more than enjoying the view and fleetingly considered how easy it would be to simply step over the edge. This sudden, often unanticipated thought is usually nothing to be worried about, but it certainly warrants exploration.

This feeling — which tends to be brief, entirely out of character and often involves thoughts of leaping from a high place or driving headfirst into an oncoming vehicle — is more widespread than you might think. In fact, it's so common, the French have a term for it: l'appel du vide. In English, this translates to "the call of the void."

But even though many individuals — over half of people, two small studies suggest — have reportedly experienced the call of the void, it hasn't been studied widely. So, what do scientists know about the call of the void, which is also known as "the high place phenomenon"? And what has research revealed about it?

That's interesting as I get it almost every time I'm at a cliff's edge or anywhere where it would be super easy to throw myself into the void. I even have to stand a few feet away just in case as my mind is sometimes going crazy and visualizes the jump extremely vividly.

I also sometimes get the urge to steer my car into oncoming traffic but that's much less vivid and forceful than the idea of a jump.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yeah if I'm on a balcony's edge and look down my body sends me some sort of signal. Which is why I always grip the railing when I'm on a balcony. It's a super weird feeling. I never thought about a willingness to jump into the void. But it makes sense now that I read about it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
"The prerequisite for a good marriage, it seems to me, is the license to be unfaithful." (Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha, Sex at Dawn)

Thoughts?

31rP-1GsaNL._SY600_.jpg

This guy looks like Shooter McGavin's son.

As for this "advice", this is just anti-family nonsense.
It is designed to have you with no one to really trust and to produce broken homes that rely on the government.

A marriage is built on trust and sleeping around with other people is a great way to destroy that.

Trashy newspapers like The Guardian and The Atlantic run these types of stories all time.
Usually, the writer is some washed up super liberal feminist type trying to justify their current life situation.

I'm not saying everyone should get married but 1,000s of years of clearly avoiding cheating in a marriage exist for a reason.

Just more modern decay.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
View attachment 41128

This guy looks like Shooter McGavin's son.

As for this "advice", this is just anti-family nonsense.
It is designed to have you with no one to really trust and to produce broken homes that rely on the government.

A marriage is built on trust and sleeping around with other people is a great way to destroy that.

Trashy newspapers like The Guardian and The Atlantic run these types of stories all time.
Usually, the writer is some washed up super liberal feminist type trying to justify their current life situation.

I'm not saying everyone should get married but 1,000s of years of clearly avoiding cheating in a marriage exist for a reason.

Just more modern decay.
What is normal is boring, and boring doesn't sell. These are just people looking to sell books and make a name for themselves. Then go on TV, maybe do a show, get invited to speak, etc. That's all. Almost none of the "celebrities" you see around believe what they promote. Almost none. And I say this as someone who has worked with a few during my career in marketing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thinking about severing my final personal tie to JP Morgan Chase. My JPM reserve card. Yeah it was hard to get, so what? I feel like this is becoming a bank run by politicians. They are the Facebook of banks. The wokest, most virtue signaling, commie bank on the planet.

Now… I have this card and my business cards for a reason… Because they have good benefits. But they are starting to not seem worth it at the expense of basically all of my financial privacy.

Has anyone else felt like ditching the big banks? What did you replace it it with?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Has anyone else felt like ditching the big banks? What did you replace it it with?
Local banks. But this might not work with credit cards.

The big banks have a lot of extra rules that really suck when you run a company. SBA-level small banks are better, but have lending limits that make it tricky if you are a bigger company, or even just medium-sized (those small banks can usually only loan up to $5 million)

The big banks can put all kinds of terms and conditions on your business, almost to the point that it feels like they own it, not you. And they can really screw you, even if you've never had a problem for 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Local banks. But this might not work with credit cards.
The problem is the Chase cards are the best for points and benefits.

I have always been happy with Amex for cards as well. I’m sure I can get a black if I press the issue. I probably won’t though. The annual fees for it are garbage.

They’re probably woke, virtue signaling imbeciles too, but Jamie Dimon makes me sick.

I want them to hurry up on the build out of stable coins and associated credit mechanisms.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Clearly it is time to once again read the best short story ever written by a one-time Saab salesman: Harrison Bergeron
Thank you @Rabby , first time read for me, brilliant story. Thought I'd read everything by him already but was mistaken. Is it from a collection by any chance?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anyone have thoughts on selling your writing as NFT? Has anyone done this? @MTF could this be a possible solution for the writing challenges you've faced? It doesn't seem as predictable, but possibly more lucrative. I'm not sure.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Right. Because people are going to be thrown to the floor and whipped for minimum wage. It's not like they could quit at literally any time right?

What did all these people do before Amazon warehouses existed? They literally did not exist in most areas like 5 years ago! From nothing, to something... What did they do prior???

I am sure they are absolute shit to work at, but why would anyone choose that if it was that bad. Know what would happen if no one applied for those jobs? Pay would go up to entice workers, or the warehouses would go away with no employees.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Right. Because people are going to be thrown to the floor and whipped for minimum wage. It's not like they could quit at literally any time right?

What did all these people do before Amazon warehouses existed? They literally did not exist in most areas like 5 years ago! From nothing, to something... What did they do prior???

I am sure they are absolute shit to work at, but why would anyone choose that if it was that bad. Know what would happen if no one applied for those jobs? Pay would go up to entice workers, or the warehouses would go away with no employees.
I think people under appreciate how much stores like Amazon and Walmart have benefited humanity.

Distribution of goods is insanely important but we all take it for granted.

My great grandma grew up wearing potato sacks for clothing and growing their own food - not because they had no money to buy things, but because there was nothing to buy.

Walmart and dollar stores were like the train and railroad... When they hit the small town, suddenly people had things they never had before.

Amazon is like this too. It's made a tremendous leap in human progress, as hard as that is for people to admit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I think people under appreciate how much stores like Amazon and Walmart have benefited humanity.

Distribution of goods is insanely important but we all take it for granted.

My great grandma grew up wearing potato sacks for clothing and growing their own food - not because they had no money to buy things, but because there was nothing to buy (or places to sell either, really).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nah, this is hyperbolic. Don’t like the guy or his opinions but tired of this

Yea, just "eat the rich" pearl-clutching clap-trap... as if the employees are indentured slaves unable to leave, move, or make their own decisions.

I see no one blasting Costco ... did you know they have ranking boards on their walls which lists the fastest and most efficient cashiers? It's used like a leaderboard like you'd see at a golf tournament to encourage faster productivity. Of course "Costco" doesn't fit the "evil rich guy" narrative so they get a pass.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
“Life is absurd, but you can fill it with ideas, enthusiasm and joy.” - Reinhold Messner.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.