The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
You forgot the one where the prices go up on Black Friday :rofl:
So true..

Came here to post this :
C26293DA-4051-49A2-AD32-4C7C9F14E6E2.png
6752A1DD-D9B8-406E-ADD3-7898D097A7CC.png
Amazing how at one point these old “brands” just stop giving a F*ck, for controversy’s sake.

Maybe I don’t understand fashion. Maybe I should’ve approached my failed clothing brand like this, but no. I tried to
give value to people, good products and fair pricing( breaking even on some) but no, people like buying this shit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So true..

Came here to post this :
View attachment 40897
View attachment 40898
Amazing how at one point these old “brands” just stop giving a f*ck, for controversy’s sake.

Maybe I don’t understand fashion. Maybe I should’ve approached my failed clothing brand like this, but no. I tried to
give value to people, good products and fair pricing( breaking even on some) but no, people like buying this shit.

Maybe it's just for free press.

Create some stupid stuff and price it crazy and wait for the free mentions and shares.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Maybe it's just for free press.

Create some stupid stuff and price it crazy and wait for the free mentions and shares.
This is it right here. This is why Lady Gaga wears a dress made out of raw beef. Or why Elon Musk tweets a fart joke.

There's a lot of power in attention, like it or not.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can't really enjoy anything that you didn't take risks or make sacrifices for.

Remember that the next time you ask yourself why you're working so hard - we can't appreciate anything that comes easily.

This is why, IMO, most trust fund brats never amount to anything.

Here's an awesome episode from Andy Frisella's podcast. It's focused on America but the message is universal.

177. The American Mandate

Kinda sums up the despair that is going on. Very @Kak 'esque.

Here's a guy who has a wildly successful financial and self-development podcast, and had to switch formats to address that idiocy that is sweeping the world.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This is why, IMO, most trust fund brats never amount to anything.

Yup - they know that they're in their position by luck and they've done nothing worthwhile themselves.

Though, heaven help anyone who gets in the way of someone born into a life of privilege with ambition and intelligence (like the Rockefellers).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Kinda sums up the despair that is going on. Very @Kak 'esque.

Here's a guy who has a wildly successful financial and self-development podcast, and had to switch formats to address that idiocy that is sweeping the world.

Andy Frisella's episode with you would be the most epic thing ever.

If you'd be interested, I think we could organize the forum to send Andy dozens of messages requesting to invite you as a guest.

I'm serious. I think it would be one of the best unscripted business/life podcast episodes EVER, of course assuming you'd be interested in doing this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Andy Frisella's episode with you would be the most epic thing ever.

If you'd be interested, I think we could organize the forum to send Andy dozens of messages requesting to invite you as a guest.

I'm serious. I think it would be one of the best unscripted business/life podcast episodes EVER, of course assuming you'd be interested in doing this.

I'd definitely go if invited, he's definitely living life Unscripted !

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
BREAKING:
DEFENDANTS IN THE AHMAUD ARBERY CASE FOUND GUILTY ON ALL MURDER CHARGES

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'd definitely go if invited, he's definitely living life Unscripted !

Awesome! Just posted a new thread: OFF-TOPIC - Let's Get MJ on Andy Frisella's Podcast

Hope it's fine and if I have your permission, I'll email Andy right away and hope others will contact him, too. I think that a few dozen requests should get him interested :)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Is it just me or is the media intentionally promoting a race war with headings like these? I don't understand why this heading is the way it is. What is the significance? What am I missing? Someone please help me understand.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 2.48.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 2.48.36 PM.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 25

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
FML. Did a short lead up to a webinar I felt AMAZING about giving away a ton of value inviting thousands of people and only got 6 signups and nobody turned up lol. Talked to myself for an hour which was a challenge but I felt good about what ended up being a super long speech due to zero interaction! Had a couple of replays but kinda realising nobody cares.

I feel SO frustrated about this but still hopeful overall. Stopped caring about what people think of me, of looking stupid, and over-analysing things but maybe I'm still too disconnected to have my million dollar idea that resonates with the 'average' person.

From reading here I know how close success is at any given moment no matter what your circumstances are once you understand the principals to grow most successful ideas exponentially. I believe I'm going to be successful so eventually it'll happen right? Now I don't care about looking stupid or like a failure at least it's pretty easy for me to move onto the next thing.

And that's been in my mind a lot making me feel hopeful about whatever happens :)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Someone from my h.s. graduating class died the other day. 29 y.o.

Since I graduated in 2010, we've had several alumni pass away in tragic accidents. All deaths in your 20's are tragic, but that's now three or four which were freak accidents.

The most recent one was due to a motorcycle accident. Not sure if she was driving one, being driven, or just a casualty from a driver.

I think MJ has a thread about the dangers of motorcycles. And I agree wholeheartedly, avoid them
at all costs.

Buy from a fastlane perspective, it does get me thinking. If anyone can devise a massive upgrade to the modern day motorcycle to mitigate how unsafe it is, that would be a huge market to tap into.

RIP Marie

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
FML. Did a short lead up to a webinar I felt AMAZING about giving away a ton of value inviting thousands of people and only got 6 signups and nobody turned up lol. Talked to myself for an hour which was a challenge but I felt good about what ended up being a super long speech due to zero interaction! Had a couple of replays but kinda realising nobody cares.

I feel SO frustrated about this but still hopeful overall. Stopped caring about what people think of me, of looking stupid, and over-analysing things but maybe I'm still too disconnected to have my million dollar idea that resonates with the 'average' person.

From reading here I know how close success is at any given moment no matter what your circumstances are once you understand the principals to grow most successful ideas exponentially. I believe I'm going to be successful so eventually it'll happen right? Now I don't care about looking stupid or like a failure at least it's pretty easy for me to move onto the next thing.

And that's been in my mind a lot making me feel hopeful about whatever happens :)
Are you looking for that million dollar idea? Or are you focused on a need that you can solve for someone? There is that thread “what inconvenienced you today?” - that’s the right direction. If no one shows up it’s either:
A) your offer doesn’t provide value
B) people didn’t know about the offer and missed on getting value.

Chin up. This is the right place to figure it all out and make it big. And then bigger.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
GgrBuHK.jpg

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
The most recent one was due to a motorcycle accident. Not sure if she was driving one, being driven, or just a casualty from a driver.

I think MJ has a thread about the dangers of motorcycles. And I agree wholeheartedly, avoid them
at all costs.

I had 3 different motorcycles. My last one, a zx10-r, got stolen right after my birthday. I didn't act like an idiot on it compared to what I had seen, but I do wonder if that theft kept me alive longer....

Thankfully there are other sports that have lots of adrenaline with significantly less risk, like windsurfing.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

1637860789951.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How does one regain confidence in their skills? Any books, articles, suggestions, personal experiences?

Whatever I start these days or any new ideas I have, I quickly shoot them down. And in general, I feel like I have zero knowledge and value to share with others.

I can't get out of this cycle and can't imagine that in the past I used to just do lots of stuff without ever questioning myself. I look back and think I was one arrogant m*****ucker.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

How does one regain confidence in their skills? Any books, articles, suggestions, personal experiences?

Whatever I start these days or any new ideas I have, I quickly shoot them down. And in general, I feel like I have zero knowledge and value to share with others.
Without knowing the specifics...

Accept the fact that you'll suck most of the time, but so does everyone else.

The greats are the ones who stuck around the longest and did it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Without knowing the specifics...

Accept the fact that you'll suck most of the time, but so does everyone else.

The greats are the ones who stuck around the longest and did it anyway.

(The greats STILL think they suck, so give yourself some credit).

I can objectively say that people who think they suck don't suck if they know a lot about the subject. For example, if you're a successful swimming coach who has taught many people how to swim I know that you don't suck.

I can't objectively say that I don't suck. In fact, I know that I do suck and am at best mediocre at my "best" skills. For example, my writing skills are average. Most professional writers are better than me. My skills are nothing outstanding and each year, they seem to be worth less and less.

Obviously it's hard to say anything objectively about yourself but at whatever abilities I look in myself, I just don't have any skills I'm really good at. I know a little about many subjects but I'm not an expert in any of them.

I'm not sure it's really that useful to be a generalist as there's little value you can offer if you're not a true expert who knows answers to most questions (and has the results and credibility to back it up).

So whatever new business ideas I have now, in the end I always discard them because everyone could gain the same experience in very little time.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I can objectively say that people who think they suck don't suck if they know a lot about the subject. For example, if you're a successful swimming coach who has taught many people how to swim I know that you don't suck.

I can't objectively say that I don't suck. In fact, I know that I do suck and am at best mediocre at my "best" skills. For example, my writing skills are average. Most professional writers are better than me. My skills are nothing outstanding and each year, they seem to be worth less and less.

Obviously it's hard to say anything objectively about yourself but at whatever abilities I look in myself, I just don't have any skills I'm really good at. I know a little about many subjects but I'm not an expert in any of them.

I'm not sure it's really that useful to be a generalist as there's little value you can offer if you're not a true expert who knows answers to most questions (and has the results and credibility to back it up).

So whatever new business ideas I have now, in the end I always discard them because everyone could gain the same experience in very little time.
I remember you said that you gave you writing to a friend for review and she said you had a gift for writing. So this is quite subjective, not an objective truth that you suck.
You could let the market decide how good is your writing, IMO the best option, (just try to not burn lots of cash on ads).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I remember you said that you gave you writing to a friend for review and she said you had a gift for writing. So this is quite subjective, not an objective truth that you suck.

The thing is that she knows me and she isn't an expert in writing. So it's sort of like your mom telling you that you're great.

And that's my problem. I stopped believing even external validation.

You could let the market decide how good is your writing, IMO the best option, (just try to not burn lots of cash on ads).

As above, plus I can't find it in me to write anything new. Whatever new topic I have, I instantly shoot it down because I'm just not good enough to write it and it will fail anyway (like everything I released in the last 2-3 years).

I think I'm starting to understand why top artists of the past stop publishing new music. It's just too damn hard to keep trying to revive that spark when it simply no longer works.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.